Pathless Path

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DIETlxquzY]Stuart Smalley's famous quote - YouTube[/ame]

I believe that if you can tell me the number of people alive at any given moment in history, I can tell you how many different beliefs sets there were at that moment.

What does a "pathless path" mean to you Joe? When I think of some of the things you've said about your idealism, it very much seems like a path to me.

The path I take is one I'm making up as I go. Sometimes I look for the path of least resistance, sometimes I dive into trouble with both feet, just looking for an education. My path is my own, based on what I believe will be my future, my carnal desires and my current code of morals. If God IS, She wants it that way - I am undeservedly lucky, and the only time I ever feel chastisement is when I catch myself being a dick.

I started a thread about pathless path. Do you expect me to not comment?

Funny, you are. You're complaining that I talk about myself and you're complaining that I didn't tell you enough about myself--(what changes I'm making).

What do you want from me? Honestly.
Honesty without drama would be nice.
You called attention to yourself, Sky. If you decide you must, you have to be willing to take some criticism.

Actually, what I intended was to start the topic and share with people.

That means I have something to say about the topic, too. OK?

OK so finish the thought.

Thing is sky... ive always wished you success now haven't i?

You wanted to be buddhist.. good luck and success with that. Ill point out when you are not being very buddhist.

You wanted to lie about everything... good luck and success with that....... ill point out when i don't think you are lying.

You wanted to be evil, hate filled and attack your enemies, good luck and success with that...ill point out when your are not doing that.... like now. Its called me being honest.

I'm honest too. You doubt I will succeed. What else does "we'll see how long it lasts" mean?

Do you think I'm being evil, hateful and attacking of you now?

I stated the truth. You will point out my flaws. How is that hateful, evil, and attacking of you?

Yes, you are honest in your opinions But you cannot bear any other opinion that contradicts your own.(which puts them in the enemy category) Or except an opinion that could possibly make you wrong.

We will see how long it lasts means exactly that sky. When you last said what and how you were going to behave, it was to attack any and all people that fit into your enemy category. I guess that did not last long considering this new iteration of yourself.

No i do not think you are being evil, hateful or attacking right now. But now is now... how will it be next week... or tomorrow?

I think you need to work on constancy sky. Constancy in.... just being yourself. Yourself without all of the "trappings" of being "something" or acting in "some way"

Something to consider sky. No one is perfect. Putting your self into a box of behavior or thought process is untenable.

Sky needs to put on a personae like a coat. She just can't be herself.

I'm honest too. You doubt I will succeed. What else does "we'll see how long it lasts" mean?

I stated the truth. You will point out my flaws. How is that hateful, evil, and attacking of you?

Yes, you are honest in your opinions But you cannot bear any other opinion that contradicts your own.(which puts them in the enemy category) Or except an opinion that could possibly make you wrong.

We will see how long it lasts means exactly that sky. When you last said what and how you were going to behave, it was to attack any and all people that fit into your enemy category. I guess that did not last long considering this new iteration of yourself.

No i do not think you are being evil, hateful or attacking right now. But now is now... how will it be next week... or tomorrow?

I think you need to work on constancy sky. Constancy in.... just being yourself. Yourself without all of the "trappings" of being "something" or acting in "some way"

Something to consider sky. No one is perfect. Putting your self into a box of behavior or thought process is untenable.

The pathless path ....needs to be the path to skydancer.

Last edited:
I believe that if you can tell me the number of people alive at any given moment in history, I can tell you how many different beliefs sets there were at that moment.

What does a "pathless path" mean to you Joe? When I think of some of the things you've said about your idealism, it very much seems like a path to me.

The path I take is one I'm making up as I go. Sometimes I look for the path of least resistance, sometimes I dive into trouble with both feet, just looking for an education. My path is my own, based on what I believe will be my future, my carnal desires and my current code of morals. If God IS, She wants it that way - I am undeservedly lucky, and the only time I ever feel chastisement is when I catch myself being a dick.

Loved your post. I'd rep ya if I could.

Thing is sky... ive always wished you success now haven't i?

You wanted to be buddhist.. good luck and success with that. Ill point out when you are not being very buddhist.

You wanted to lie about everything... good luck and success with that....... ill point out when i don't think you are lying.

You wanted to be evil, hate filled and attack your enemies, good luck and success with that...ill point out when your are not doing that.... like now. Its called me being honest.

Ok. I hear you.

Ok. I hear you.

Do you sky... do you really hear me? If so... why not tell me what you hear?

Ok. I hear you.

What do you want from me Syrenn? Do you want me to repeat each point you made?

You want me to work on constancy. You acknowledge I'm not being evil, hateful or attacking right now, but you have no confidence in how I'll be in the future.

No one is perfect.

I would like to point something out. I'm hearing alot of people tell me they don't want me to talk about myself, and yet a number of you ask me questions.

It's confusing.

Last edited:
Darn! from the thread title I thought this was about the republican jobs recovery plan.

Not when you see Sky's name under the title. When ever you do, it's safe to assume the thread is about Sky Dancer.

If you see a thread started by Sky Dancer it is safe to assume she's interested in the topic.

Thank you for sharing about what a "pathless path" means to you.

I am myself. You just don't like who I am.

AVG Joe is ABOVE AVERAGE in my book.:clap2:

AVG Joe is ABOVE AVERAGE in my book.:clap2:

I love the guy.

Ok. I hear you.

What do you want from me Syrenn? Do you want me to repeat each point you made?

You want me to work on constancy. You acknowledge I'm not being evil, hateful or attacking right now, but you have no confidence in how I'll be in the future.

No one is perfect.

Repeating things you say "you hear"... is standard stuff sky. You should know that.

Something else to think about sky:

What I want means nothing.You have to want something for yourself first.
How i want you "to be" means nothing. You have to want, what you want to be, for yourself first and for yourself alone.

Something else to think about:
I knew the "ill be a liar" thing was bullshit...its not who you are.
I also knew the "kill my enemy watch out" thing was bullshit... it is not who you are.

Forum List

Back