Pataki not running for re-relection.

Pataki started out good, but became more and more liberal as time went on. It is time for him to go. Unfortunately, whoever replaces him probably won't be much better and, in fact, worse. The problem with this state is that New York City rules and the hell with Upstate New York. We wouldn't have Frau Clinton for Senator if it weren't for the NYC liberals that voted for her.

In fact, in New York politics, the Upstate is somewhat of an afterthought. We probably are one of the worst regions in the country economically. New York State was once the most populous state in the country. It is now in its third or fourth decade of population loss. We once were home to many large corporations, many of which have moved out because of high taxes, high utilities and over regulation. This doesn't seem to phase NYC much, theyhad their economic boom during the '90s. The upstate, on the other hand, has borne the brunt of the liberal policies coming out of Albany. The Upstate has been in a depression since the 1980s. In fact it is one of the few areas of the country that shows a definite loss of population. The area where I live, and have lived in all my life, now has fewer people than the day I was born (in 1957), although the population of the country has more than doubled since then.

Albany hadn't passed a budget on time in over 20 years until this one.(Each time they're late, our bond rating slips and the interest that the State pays on its bonds increases. New York now has either the worst, or next to the worst bond rating of the 50 states. Some accomplishment....

The only group of people that seem to have become more populous are the welfare moms, the drug pushers and the scumbags. The white collar jobs that were at one time plentiful are now scarce. My hometown, once hailed as the birthplace of IBM is quickly becoming a ghost town. IBM is getting ready to move its corporate headquarters out of the state, it's just a matter of time.

Personally, I'm tempted to consider relocation, but my family is all here and I've lived here almost my entire life. I guess, as time goes on, my kid grows up, my parents die, there will be less and less reason for me to stay. I have a feeling that if I do, it will be with less a feeling of sadness than of relief....

The company I work for (Lockheed Martin) is having a difficult time attracting talent to this area, especially young people out of college. Who can blame them? What is here for them anyway?

that's what the liberals in this state have managed to produce. You'd think that they would have woken up by now and smelled the coffee, but no, they're still up to their same tricks. Nothing changes, except to get worse.

Eventually, gambling will become legal in New York and perhaps, that will bring some relief to Albany. But it will also bring crime and other social ills. But gambling will be a quick fix and that's what politicians like the best....

LOL. Hey Karl, what's your take on Pataki's presidential hopes? Close like Big Blue thinks? :laugh:

Kathianne said:
LOL. Hey Karl, what's your take on Pataki's presidential hopes? Close like Big Blue thinks? :laugh:
Well... IMO if Pataki is the best that the GOP can offer as an alternative to a Hillary presidency, we had better get used to hearing "God save the Queen" instead of "Hail to the Chief"!!!!!!

Forum List

Back