Pat Tillman movie separates the man from the myth

I didn't know Conservative Politicians used this hero in more ways than one...

A liberal atheist, he became disillusioned after serving in Iraq. He fulfilled his commitment, however, heading out to Afghanistan even though he could have been discharged for a new sports contract

Pat Tillman movie separates the man from the myth | NJ.com

--

Gen. Stanley McChrystal was instrumental in turning Tillman's death into a recruiting tool and yet he was never disciplined.

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2010/08/pat_tillman_movie_separates_th.html

Last edited:
I thought this was going to be one of those anti-war and/or Bush-bashing movies. If it's solely about Pat Tillman's character, then I'll see it along with the good, bad and ugly about wartime commanders and their actions. I don't have a problem with the fact that war is ugly. Hell, I know that. I have a problem when some fuckdrop who never set foot on a bullet-flying battlefield attempts to explain the whole big picture to the rest of us. That's when the movie is bullshit.

I'll see this one.

I saw The Tilghman Story, and it was an excellent documentary. It was rather disturbing, but there are many people out there, even now, who meeded to be shaken up and disturbed a bit. One doesn't have to have been out on the battlefield to realize the ugliness of war and the scams and cover-ups that our government has a long history of being involved in.

Forum List

Back