Pat Tillman: Enough already!

shepherdboy

Jan 26, 2006
The occupied zone(CA.)
Pat Tillman the former NFL player who left pro football and the money to go and serve his country as one of the elite Army Rangers. Pat was later killed by friendly forces in Afghanistan while carrying out combat operations in 2004. Since his death, the media as well as others have cried foul of the U.S. Army handling of the facts. With the current investigation numbering seven now, the facts have remained the same. Death by friendly fire! No conspiracy! No ordered hit by the President! Not even space aliens!
Likewise many other great Americans have lost their lives serving their country, some under the same circumstances without the fanfare and media coverage. So why then does Pat Tillman get all the hype? I would like to see the same attention applied to all of the fallen heros and not just the ones who played pro sports. Just my 2 cents.

Pat Tillman the former NFL player who left pro football and the money to go and serve his country as one of the elite Army Rangers. Pat was later killed by friendly forces in Afghanistan while carrying out combat operations in 2004. Since his death, the media as well as others have cried foul of the U.S. Army handling of the facts. With the current investigation numbering seven now, the facts have remained the same. Death by friendly fire! No conspiracy! No ordered hit by the President! Not even space aliens!
Likewise many other great Americans have lost their lives serving their country, some under the same circumstances without the fanfare and media coverage. So why then does Pat Tillman get all the hype? I would like to see the same attention applied to all of the fallen heros and not just the ones who played pro sports. Just my 2 cents.

The liberals tactics are simple. If they say the same lie over and over and over again, some people will start to believe it, even with absolutely no evidence, motive or reason.

Judging by some of the nutwads on this site, look how good it works....
and with the help of msm it spreads like wildfire.....

The liberals tactics are simple. If they say the same lie over and over and over again, some people will start to believe it, even with absolutely no evidence, motive or reason.

why DID that General lose his star if everything was on the up and up?

Call the Tillman Family up and complain to them. They are the ones largely responsible for keeping the pressure on the pentagon, and this issue in the media.

I seriously doubt USMB posters had anything to do with keeping this story in the national media.

The problem is that his family was not told how he died from the start. Their right to know how their loved one died was violated. Their right to receive a sense of closure was infringed upon. Those who are crying foul are his family and yet you attempt to make it about the media to sidetrack from the attack you just made upon his family members. You say "enough already" but his family doesn't agree with that and you don't get to play with their lives and mock the death of their loved one as you just did. That you would do so demonstrates how sick you are. It doesn't matter how many others died under similiar circumstances. He is not just another soldier who died. One such death is one to many yet you fail to understand that because you are evil. :wtf: Just my 2 cents!!!

So now that his family doesn't accept the military's account about why they were not told how their son died you say they are resorting to liberal tactics. It wasn't hard for the military to tell them how their son died but they didn't do so and now they are trying to blame a retired officer for what happened and that simply makes no sense. You routinely talk about how the military has procedures and regulations and then when the family of a dead soldier questions why they were not told you refer to their DESIRE TO KNOW THE TRUTH as LIBERAL TACTICS. This demonstrates for everyon that you are a disgusting piece of low-life shit. This has nothing to do with liberals you sick bastard and I am shocked that you are trying to politicize his death and the subsequent events following his death.

Call the Tillman Family up and complain to them. They are the ones largely responsible for keeping the pressure on the pentagon, and this issue in the media.

I seriously doubt USMB posters had anything to do with keeping this story in the national media.

The Tillman family isn't going to let the military mock them or what happened to their loved one and the subsequent cover-up of how he died. They have every right to keep the pressure on the Pentagon and to call on the media for help in finding out the truth and not just the version that the military gives them. Had they not placed pressure on the media and the Pentagon they wouldn't even know what they know now. Why should they believe what the Pentagon and the military is telling them now when the military lied to them and covered up how their loved one died. What reason do they have to trust the military on how they were not told? I suspect that they don't have a good reason and therefore it makes sense that they pursue this until they are satisified with what happened. Until that happens they have every right to pursue this matter. That there are people on this board and around the country who want to make this a political issue instead of an issue of a family trying to find out the truth about how their loved one died and why they were not told doesn't have any bearing on their desire for the truth. I wish them the best of luck in trying to find out what really happened.

The Tillman family isn't going to let the military mock them or what happened to their loved one and the subsequent cover-up of how he died. They have every right to keep the pressure on the Pentagon and to call on the media for help in finding out the truth and not just the version that the military gives them. Had they not placed pressure on the media and the Pentagon they wouldn't even know what they know now. Why should they believe what the Pentagon and the military is telling them now when the military lied to them and covered up how their loved one died. What reason do they have to trust the military on how they were not told? I suspect that they don't have a good reason and therefore it makes sense that they pursue this until they are satisified with what happened. Until that happens they have every right to pursue this matter. That there are people on this board and around the country who want to make this a political issue instead of an issue of a family trying to find out the truth about how their loved one died and why they were not told doesn't have any bearing on their desire for the truth. I wish them the best of luck in trying to find out what really happened.

The Tillman family has every right to pursue this. They were lied to and mislead for three years.

My point is that the dude who posted this should be getting up in the face of Mrs. Tillman, and Kevin Tillman, if he has a problem with this being in the media. It wasn't USMB posters, or "liberals" that kept this in the media. It was Mrs. Tillman and Pat's brother Kevin.

I don't discount that this was a friendly fire accident. I haven't claimed it was a murder. I don't know what the truth is. But, there's been enough misleading and obfuscation, that the Tillman family have every right to pursue this until their questions are satisfactorily answered.

Quite a few rights you just invented there, Ed. Are those in the BOR? Reminds me of the Right to Privacy you guys fabricated, that is to say, scrawled on a napkin from Panda Express and taped in over the Second Amendment.

I didn't mention the Constitution but since you mention it try reading the 9th amendment. The rights I mentioned are inherent in them as individuals and do not need to be enumerated in the Constitution to exist. That we are getting to the point in this country that if our rights aren't listed in the Constitution than we don't believe that they exist proves the point made by those who opposed the Constitution in 1789 that the Bill of Rights would not be enough to protect our rights. They have a fundamental right to know how their son died and that is why we have a legal system. I will not let you make this about a political ideology you sick bastard. They lost their loved one but you are so politically polarized that you don't even see that nothing I said had anything to do with the Constitution. Not once did I mention that. Instead I was talking about their right to know how their child died. Their God given right to have closure and to grieve but you don't care about their grief instead you care about your vote, your interpretation of the constitution and your political ideology and that is why you are sick enough to bring up the 2nd amendment and the constitution when it has nothing to do with their right to know how their loved one was killed.

The Tillman family has every right to pursue this. They were lied to and mislead for three years.

My point is that the dude who posted this should be getting up in the face of Mrs. Tillman, and Kevin Tillman, if he has a problem with this being in the media. It wasn't USMB posters, or "liberals" that kept this in the media. It was Mrs. Tillman and Pat's brother Kevin.

I don't discount that this was a friendly fire accident. I haven't claimed it was a murder. I don't know what the truth is. But, there's been enough misleading and obfuscation, that the Tillman family have every right to pursue this until their questions are satisfactorily answered.

I agree with you completely and we shouldn't be making this a political issue as they have tried to do. They are trying to make this about liberals instead of what it is really about which is the right of the family to pursue this matter until they are completely satisfied with how their loved one died. They have every right to have their questions answered satisfactorily and if they don't feel that they are being answered than they have the right to pursue it until they feel that they are being answered. The problem is that he is getting in their face and is mocking their loss and trying to belittle their grief and their loss by trying to make it a political issue instead of an issue of a family losing a loved one and being lied to, misled and deceived as to how their loved one died.

why DID that General lose his star if everything was on the up and up?

Obviously, everything wasn't on the "up and up"....and the person responsible is gonna pay a price for that deception....and people that had absolutely nothing to do with the deception will be exonerated ..........:clap2:

Edward: Legal scholar :: Jeffrey Dahmer : Brain surgeon

I didn't mention the law or the constitution. It was you who did so and I will not let you twist this into a political issue when it isn't. This family lost their loved one and their right to know how their loved one died has nothing to do with the law or the constitution. The use of the word "right" is not exclusive to the constitution. Their right to know is a right that exists regardless of the law or the constitution. I never said anything about the law or constitution but you think that you have the right to make everything political because you can vote and can have an opinion. I don't know where the hell you get off mocking this family like this. To think that you would have the audacity to refer to the constitution or to the law as if it has anything to do with a right of every family to know how their loved one died. They can't go on with their lives not knowing you sick bastard but you can vote and you have an opinion and you know what the constitution says therefore YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO AN OPINION AND THE TILLMAN FAMILY BE DAMNED.

I didn't mention the law or the constitution.

O RLY? I can prove otherwise:

try reading the 9th amendment. The rights I mentioned are inherent in them as individuals and do not need to be enumerated in the Constitution to exist. That we are getting to the point in this country that if our rights aren't listed in the Constitution than we don't believe that they exist proves the point made by those who opposed the Constitution in 1789 that the Bill of Rights would not be enough to protect our rights. They have a fundamental right to know how their son died and that is why we have a legal system.

QED, bitch :eusa_boohoo:

O RLY? I can prove otherwise:

The portion you deliberately deleted is in bold.

What I said was: "I didn't mention the law or the constitution. It was you who did so and I will not let you twist this into a political issue when it isn't." That you deliberately took what I said and quoted only the part that made it seem like I quoted the Constitution when it was you who did so.

I didn't mention the Constitution but since you mention it try reading the 9th amendment. The rights I mentioned are inherent in them as individuals and do not need to be enumerated in the Constitution to exist. That we are getting to the point in this country that if our rights aren't listed in the Constitution than we don't believe that they exist proves the point made by those who opposed the Constitution in 1789 that the Bill of Rights would not be enough to protect our rights. They have a fundamental right to know how their son died and that is why we have a legal system. I will not let you make this about a political ideology you sick bastard. They lost their loved one but you are so politically polarized that you don't even see that nothing I said had anything to do with the Constitution. Not once did I mention that. Instead I was talking about their right to know how their child died. Their God given right to have closure and to grieve but you don't care about their grief instead you care about your vote, your interpretation of the constitution and your political ideology and that is why you are sick enough to bring up the 2nd amendment and the constitution when it has nothing to do with their right to know how their loved one was killed.

Like I said I didn't mention the constitution. It was you who did so and the only time I mentioned the constitution was to point out that you mentioned the constitution and that it had nothing to do with this. So my point about me not mentioning the constitution stands and so does my point that it has nothing to do with this. Keep trying to spin this and keep trying to make this about the constitution because that is what you enjoy. You feel some sense of power being able to vote and being able to have an opinion and so you think that this applies across the board including as to whether the Tillman family has the right to know how their loved ones died. DO YOU WANT TO VOTE ON THAT TOO AND IF THEY ARE IN THE MINORITY THAN THEY CAN SIMPLY ACCCEPT THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO KNOW SINCE KING SNOWMAN, OF THE VOTERDOM OF RETARDSVILLE HAS AN OPINION. :eusa_boohoo:

The problem is that his family was not told how he died from the start. Their right to know how their loved one died was violated. Their right to receive a sense of closure was infringed upon. Those who are crying foul are his family and yet you attempt to make it about the media to sidetrack from the attack you just made upon his family members. You say "enough already" but his family doesn't agree with that and you don't get to play with their lives and mock the death of their loved one as you just did. That you would do so demonstrates how sick you are. It doesn't matter how many others died under similiar circumstances. He is not just another soldier who died. One such death is one to many yet you fail to understand that because you are evil. :wtf: Just my 2 cents!!!

Nice try, but I never said that the Tillman family had no right to pursue the truth of the death of thier son. You would agree that the media has hijacked this particular story and drummed up the attention to sell newspapers? Like I said in the thread, others service men and women have had similar circumstances with out the full focus of the media. Just curious, have you ever served in the Armed Forces of the United States?

Nice try, but I never said that the Tillman family had no right to pursue the truth of the death of thier son. You would agree that the media has hijacked this particular story and drummed up the attention to sell newspapers? Like I said in the thread, others service men and women have had similar circumstances with out the full focus of the media. Just curious, have you ever served in the Armed Forces of the United States?
You mean other service men and women have had similar circumstances as in they died by friendly fire but their families were told that they were killed by enemy forces? Sorry but our service members in the armed forces DESERVE the truth. No family should ever be lied to about the circumstances of their sacrifice. Tillman and Lynch are very relevant because if their families were lied to, how many other families have been told lies?

Forum List

Back