Pat Summitt, UT Women's Basketball

best wishes to her and her family...may she pass quickly and painlessly....the sadness was she knew what she had and realized what was coming....

What a great person, coach, and human being.

Pass easily, coach.

I had a very short assignment (with others) with a retired UT Professor and had started reading her book Summitt Up while he was napping. Didn't get to read the entire thing, but what I did read was remarkable - small town girl from a not-so-wealthy background who had a dream and a drive from an early age to achieve. She demanded a lot from herself.

Evening news tonight said death is imminent and her son has now requested no more visitors come to see her. Her family needs this time alone with her. News has been going over her life, her energy, her accomplishments. She ran a very tight ship with the Lady Vols - educational failure was not an option for them - Pat had a 100% graduation rate from her team every year.

Our beloved legendary coach Pat Summitt passed away this morning.. An extraordinary woman who gave so much and did so much for so many - a true builder of character - a positive inspiration.for everyone. There's much sadness in Big Orange Country this morning.

Our beloved legendary coach Pat Summitt passed away this morning.. An extraordinary woman who gave so much and did so much for so many - a true builder of character - a positive inspiration.for everyone. There's much sadness in Big Orange Country this morning.
Sad to see her go....much too young

She was an inspiration to her players and an outstanding coach

I sleep with my TV on - hit my alarm off just as they were announcing her death only moments earlier. Governor Haslam looked like he'd been crying. Sad, sad day on the one hand ... on the other, her son Tyler said the upside was his mom was no longer suffering from the agony of Alzheimer's.

Forum List

Back