Pat Robertson's comments about Haiti

SGdsn

Nov 15, 2009
Pat Robertson mentioned a bit of Haitian folklore that said the Haitians, before their Independence War from France, made a spiritual pact with the devil so they could be free. It's basically referring to Boukman Dutty, leader of the slave revolt at Bois Caiman in 1791. He said it was a true story, and a lot of people believe it, too, that the country is cursed (as evidenced by the fact that their neighbor whom they share an island with is lush, green, and prosperous, while Haiti is more or less a desert island). He didn't just pull something out of his ass.

He also had a number up where people could call to donate to the disaster relief efforts in Haiti, and his own organization has consistently helped Haiti over the past year. But noooo, nobody pays attention to that. So now I have to see Keith Olbermann's fat face on TV ranting about Robertson and Limbaugh like he's some moral leader.

Pat Robertson has a Christian-themed show; of course they're going to explore stuff like that. He never said Haiti was suffering God's wrath, and he called for prayer for them. Oh yeah, but he was delighting in their misery, right? Oh please.

Pat Robertson could've called Haiti and bunch of dirt-poor island monkeys...he's still done more and will do more to help ease their suffering than any of the "outraged" liberals and conservatives who are jumping down his throat about his comments. That's what matters.

Pat Robertson mentioned a bit of Haitian folklore that said the Haitians, before their Independence War from France, made a spiritual pact with the devil so they could be free. It's basically referring to Boukman Dutty, leader of the slave revolt at Bois Caiman in 1791. He said it was a true story, and a lot of people believe it, too, that the country is cursed (as evidenced by the fact that their neighbor whom they share an island with is lush, green, and prosperous, while Haiti is more or less a desert island). He didn't just pull something out of his ass.

Well he didn't bother to fucking fact check either, which is the least you can do. Oh and one part of the island suffering while another doesn't is not evidence of a curse.

He also had a number up where people could call to donate to the disaster relief efforts in Haiti, and his own organization has consistently helped Haiti over the past year. But noooo, nobody pays attention to that. So now I have to see Keith Olbermann's fat face on TV ranting about Robertson and Limbaugh like he's some moral leader.

Yeah we're paying attention to his disgusting victim blaming and general bullshit, does that moron really think that he's helping them by telling his viewers "well they're in a disaster because they made a pact with the devil"?

Pat Robertson has a Christian-themed show; of course they're going to explore stuff like that.

That's no excuse for not fact checking.

He never said Haiti was suffering God's wrath,

Yeah he didn't use those exact words but he might as well. You really think his intent was 'these folks have made a pact with the devil 200 years ago and now they're in constant misery, isn't that just a coincidence'. Give me a break.

and he called for prayer for them. Oh yeah, but he was delighting in their misery, right? Oh please.

Because that completely cancels out what he said eh? Let me know when he apologizes or at least gives his comments more context i.e. 'I do not think this was God's wrath' etc.

Pat Robertson could've called Haiti and bunch of dirt-poor island monkeys...he's still done more and will do more to help ease their suffering than any of the "outraged" liberals and conservatives who are jumping down his throat about his comments. That's what matters.

You honestly think he's done more than people who donate to the red cross? You honestly think he's done more than Clinton and Bush 43 to drum up support for Haiti? He puts on a freaking phone number and calls for prayer. ANYONE can do that.

Although even if he did a lot that still doesn't mean we don't get to criticize any stupid comments and general bullshit he spews.

Last edited:
He said it was a true story, and a lot of people believe it, too, that the country is cursed (as evidenced by the fact that their neighbor whom they share an island with is lush, green, and prosperous, while Haiti is more or less a desert island). He didn't just pull something out of his ass.

Yes, he did pull it out of his ass. The reason the Dominican Republic has more trees than Haiti is because Haiti is poorer and Haitians used the trees for fuel for cooking.

The reason Haiti has been poor for 200 years is because when they fought for freedom against slavery, the first country to do so during the slave days, the British and USA put sanctions on them to prevent other countries from hearing how successful their fight for freedom was and fighting against slavery themselves.

They've never recovered. Plus the USA went in and mined all their natural resources like aluminum and there's none left for the Haitians.

Pat Robertson is a total scumbag, twisted dick, greedy motherfucker who uses the donations to the 700 club to buy planes which he used to ship mining equipment to Liberia where he partnered with genocidal maniac dictator Charles Taylor in diamond and gold mines. Charles Taylor is at the Haag, on trial for the genocide of his people.

This is Pat Robertson.

Defend the monster. Go right ahead.

We went through this on another thread. It shut down when it was pointed out that what Robertson actually said wasn't offensive. Period.

We went through this on another thread. It shut down when it was pointed out that what Robertson actually said wasn't offensive. Period.

You don't get to decide what other people should be offended or disgusted by.

Know what I hope happens?

Pat Robertson gets his ass kicked WEEKLY by some big black dude with a grudge against white assholes.

Yeah.........that would be nice.

Know what I hope happens?

Pat Robertson gets his ass kicked WEEKLY by some big black dude with a grudge against white assholes.

Yeah.........that would be nice.

Screw that, let's just force the shmuck to live in Haiti.

Or force him to live with Satanists, then we can broadcast it on TV and be entertained.

HEY!!!!!!!! I'VE GOT IT!!!!!!!!!

EUREKA!!!!!!!!!!!

What we do is offer these Haitians one meal for every ass kicking.

One steak dinner each butt stomping.

Let that odd, stupid, pathetic asshole get his ass kicked before each meal by the very people he's spoken out against by stating they made a deal with the devil.

Forum List

Back