Pat Robertson

The ClayTaurus said:
You're tellin' me!Nagin was one of those kids that backpeddled on his bike so fast the chain fell off. Link.

He must have whiplash!

For some reason that I can't explain, I find Nagin likable, warts and all. Now Governor Blanco (whose name interestingly, means 'white') is an even bigger phony whose job should be on the line.

Abbey Normal said:
He must have whiplash!

For some reason that I can't explain, I find Nagin likable, warts and all. Now Governor Blanco (whose name interestingly, means 'white') is an even bigger phony whose job should be on the line.

I don't think he fully understands the implications and reach of what he says. I think, before the hurricane, no one paid any attention to him. He hasn't realized the situation has changed, and continues to give speeches as though no one is paying attention to him.

He also seems drastically overwhelmed.

LuvRPgrl said:
nah, I aint gonna watch him. I just didnt/dont think he is that far out to claim people are growing arms while the audience watches. I could be wrong, but I aint just taking anyones word for it.

And I didnt make the statement, so its not my burden to watch for it.

It is your burden to watch it if you seek some sort of evidence of how preposterous his "prayers" can be...

robertson01.jpg

You wrote:

"But more damaging to domestic race relations."

I agree. I also agree that responsibility for the New Orleans disaster was widely shared by local, state, and federal officials.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
You wrote:

"But more damaging to domestic race relations."

I agree. I also agree that responsibility for the New Orleans disaster was widely shared by local, state, and federal officials.

Mariner.

Plenty of blame to go around, but in my opinion, Blanco was the prime culprit. If you really want to look into it, there are a few threads somewhere on the board discussing blame apportionment. ;)

LuvRPgrl said:
I would bet that if a crowd of 5000 were listening to Pat speak, and 100 of them acted in the anti Christian way you describe above, you would be focused on them, and not notice the other 4900, and come to the conclusion that Pat's followers are all crazy Christians who arent real followers of Christ.
I'd focus on them for acting out on what he said or for being anti-Christian and commend the others for being good Christians.

got himself in some hot water with his comments that Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine retribution for withdrawing from Gaza. "God considers this land to be his," he said. Israel had been planning to give him 35 acres for a pilgramage/tourism center, but cancelled them due to his comments.

How does someone know what God thinks?

I'm curious what people here think of his comments--and his brand of Christianity.

Mariner.

Even ultra conservative televangelist Pat Robertson is calling for some gun reform in the wake of the Florida shooting.

Forum List

Back