Pat Robertson

Mariner

Nov 7, 2004
Boston, Mass.
got himself in some hot water with his comments that Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine retribution for withdrawing from Gaza. "God considers this land to be his," he said. Israel had been planning to give him 35 acres for a pilgramage/tourism center, but cancelled them due to his comments.

How does someone know what God thinks?

I'm curious what people here think of his comments--and his brand of Christianity.

Mariner.

Mariner said:
got himself in some hot water with his comments that Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine retribution for withdrawing from Gaza. "God considers this land to be his," he said. Israel had been planning to give him 35 acres for a pilgramage/tourism center, but cancelled them due to his comments.

I'm curious what people here think of his comments--and his brand of Christianity.

Mariner.

On the IQ charts the guy is a genius but he is infamous for making incredibly stupid comments like this. I don't see how anyone who actually preaches the word of God could claim to know what God thinks. It would seem that that would be some sort of blasphemy.

Mariner said:

Mariner.

You have no concept of 'context'. Do yourself a favour - read Pat's Comments, then reference the scriptures HE referenced. It's not that hard to understand.

dmp said:
You have no concept of 'context'. Do yourself a favour - read Pat's Comments, then reference the scriptures HE referenced. It's not that hard to understand.

Did they have scriptures saying that Pat Robertson is capable of knowing God's will? Maybe you can help me out with this context thing.

Powerman said:
Did they have scriptures saying that Pat Robertson is capable of knowing God's will? Maybe you can help me out with this context thing.

Yea, thats it. Genesis somewhere, I do recall reading it. Or was it Psalms? Hmmm, maybe Mark. Oh hell, just read the whole book and you will find it.

Powerman said:

His question is flawed because Pat didn't say "God told me Sharon..." or "God told ME Israel is His land.."

GOD said Israel is HIS people. Pat just re-said what God says in the Bible.

dmp said:
His question is flawed because Pat didn't say "God told me Sharon..." or "God told ME Israel is His land.."

GOD said Israel is HIS people. Pat just re-said what God says in the Bible.

Didn't he say that him having a stroke was punishment from God? I don't know where it would say anything about that in the bible so he clearly just made that up off of the top of his head.

Powerman said:
I don't know where it would say anything about that in the bible so he clearly just made that up off of the top of his head.

Pat was pondering. Pat mentioned a scripture where a Leader of the Jews was warned to not divide the Land. And of course you don't know where the bible would warn Israel's leaders to not devide the land. You don't know the bible...Just do a bit of reseach. www.biblegateway.com is a good place to start.

D, I want to know if you believe that Pat Robertson thinks Sharon is being punished by God. Yes or no. Make a guess, "I don't know" is booolshit.

dmp said:
Pat was pondering. Pat mentioned a scripture where a Leader of the Jews was warned to not divide the Land. And of course you don't know where the bible would warn Israel's leaders to not devide the land. You don't know the bible...Just do a bit of reseach. www.biblegateway.com is a good place to start.

Well since you are the expert maybe you can point me to this scripture. Also does anyone have a link to the Robertson quotes?

The ClayTaurus said:
D, I want to know if you believe that Pat Robertson thinks Sharon is being punished by God. Yes or no. Make a guess, "I don't know" is booolshit.

I would Guess Pat Robertson does NOT believe the stroke is a punishment.

I would Guess until I saw Pat say "the Stroke is a Punishment from God", I'll keep believing Pat does not believe it's a punishment from God.

Powerman said:
Well since you are the expert maybe you can point me to this scripture. Also does anyone have a link to the Robertson quotes?

I gave you the resouce - use it.

Here's what Pat said:

“For any prime Minister of Israel who decides he is going to carve it up and give it away, God says ‘no, this is mine.’ … He was dividing God’s land and I would say woe unto any Prime Minister of Israel who takes a similar course,” Robertson said.

That is NOT 'The Stroke is a Punishment From God"

;)

dmp said:
I gave you the resouce - use it.

Here's what Pat said:

That is NOT 'The Stroke is a Punishment From God"

;)

Why do you suppose he would say it after he had a stroke if it's not what he meant then? If it's not what he meant then what did he mean? It had to mean something didn't it?

Powerman said:
Why do you suppose he would say it after he had a stroke if it's not what he meant then? If it's not what he meant then what did he mean? It had to mean something didn't it?

Example. Pat was using an Example of some of the Warnings in the old testiment. Seriously...Just READ...and stop looking for conspiracy.

:tinfoil:

Pat Robertson is a nutcase, pure and simple. It is not for Pat Robertson to declare woes on Israeli leaders based on their foreign policy.

Powerman said:

Let me get this straight, you dont know the Bible that well, but you have already sumised he just pulled it off the top of his head cuz you dont know anywhere in the Bible that it says that????

AND you havent even read his actual quotes on the topic????? Yet you have already condemned him on the issue???

SHEESh,

Powerman said:
I don't see how anyone who actually preaches the word of God could claim to know what God thinks. It would seem that that would be some sort of blasphemy.

I understand what you're saying, about Pat Robertson knowing that God was specifically punsihing Sharon for his actions in Gaza.

But, one who preaches the Word of God has the Word of God - i.e. the Bible - so He can be sure of some of God's thoughts, because they are written down for him. But I'm pretty sure that there's no verse about striking down Ariel Sharon because of his Gaza Strip policy.

Powerman said:

Oh, hell, Powerman - we're not doing THIS again, are we? "Was that Pat Robertson or Paul Robeson - I get the two mixed up"??!!

700 club is a decent show. I like news accompanied by apocalyptic interpretation! And he's not talking about global warming, the secular humanist faith based apocalypse.
:thewave:

Forum List

Back