Pat Robertson, WHAT A MORON

Working Man

Aug 22, 2004
This guy has been brain dead for years, why is he still allowed on TV?

His comments about Sharon are insane.

I am no supporter of Israel, but I guess Sharon is the best leader on hand at this time. I truly hope that he recovers fully, but if he doesn't, I hope that his party and supporters can stay the course and make peace with the Palestinians.

Working Man said:

I am no supporter of Israel, but I guess Sharon is the best leader on hand at this time. I truly hope that he recovers fully, but if he doesn't, I hope that his party and supporters can stay the course and make peace with the Palestinians.
I think Robertson owns that station. That explains a lot.

I am not well versed in religion. I am an agnostic at best.

But, I doubt that god would want to put a fence up and say that he owns this piece of land, and you have to get off of it..

Something about "god" wanting/posession of some tangible thing just doesn't sound kosher to me.. Sounds more like a "man" who is trying to use "god" to project his own desire/view. Also remember what happened to Lot's wife when she turned to see what she was leaving behind..

Material things don't fly with the big guy. At least that is MY spin on it. BWTF do I know... :dev2:

The ClayTaurus said:
You think God is punishing Sharon?

I have no idea - I don't recall very many 'punishments' handed out by God since the Old testiment. My point is, Pat drew a comparison between scripture, and Sharon. Lots of things can be compared. It's only a story because Pat said it. If Nancy Pelosi said it everyone would 'admire her courage'.

:rolleyes:

dmp said:
I have no idea - I don't recall very many 'punishments' handed out by God since the Old testiment. My point is, Pat drew a comparison between scripture, and Sharon. Lots of things can be compared. It's only a story because Pat said it. If Nancy Pelosi said it everyone would 'admire her courage'.

You don't think Robertson was inferring Sharon was being punished?

The ClayTaurus said:
You don't think Robertson was inferring Sharon was being punished?

I don't think? I'll tell ya what I 'do' think. :) I think Scripture says things, some of those things relate to events in our lives. I'm pretty sure Pat was making the inference Sharon may be going thru a bit of a 'punishment'. I don't seem to find the ability to care what Pat thinks, however.

dmp said:
I don't think? I'll tell ya what I 'do' think. :) I think Scripture says things, some of those things relate to events in our lives. I'm pretty sure Pat was making the inference Sharon may be going thru a bit of a 'punishment'. I don't seem to find the ability to care what Pat thinks, however.
You're all greased up tonight!

dmp said:

FIRST
IF we went by the addage "We used to live here so it's ours" as the Jews would contend, and IF the US was to continue to back this position, then we shouldn't be surprised when natives Americans (those who lived here prior to "the White Man") challenge us in the world court to pack up our stuff and move back to where ever we came from. I would bet the native Americans feel that they should reoccupy these lands...

AND
I don't give a crap what Pelozi says, about anything. SHe is one of the biggest pieces of shit that ever walked the face of the earth. I would rather go whoring aound with Bill Clinton, than even have to sit in the same bus with that miserable bitch.

ALSO,
What could be made from the remark I heard on one of the conservative talk shows today. The caller asked if Robertson position is that God takes vengence on anyone who would devide up his land, ((or should be paraphrase it and say, to take a position against God,,,)) then, can it be possible that the Jews were put to death in WWII because of some action they did that was opposed to God? ((or allowed to be put to death))

dmp said:
It's only a story because Pat said it. If Nancy Pelosi said it everyone would 'admire her courage'.

You are so right, dmp. I agree that this is a story only because a Christian said it. I haven't read/heard any outcry in the MSM press/media against the leader of Iran because he said he hoped Sharon died.

Adam's Apple said:
You are so right, dmp. I agree that this is a story only because a Christian said it. I haven't read/heard any outcry in the MSM press/media against the leader of Iran because he said he hoped Sharon died.

If a child pisses their pants in public, it's not newsworthy. If an adult celebrity pisses their pants in public it's a headline. I would expect a lifetime enemy of Israel to make an insensitive comment like he did, though I don't condone it. For a supposedly intelligent Christian leader to keep stepping on his schlong when he opens his mouth is sad.

MissileMan said:
If a child pisses their pants in public, it's not newsworthy. If an adult celebrity pisses their pants in public it's a headline. I would expect a lifetime enemy of Israel to make an insensitive comment like he did, though I don't condone it. For a supposedly intelligent Christian leader to keep stepping on his schlong when he opens his mouth is sad.

Pat Robertson hasn't been a 'supposedly intelligent' Christian for about 20 years now. He's well meaning, maybe, but not supposedly intelligent. I've never listened to much of what he said ever since I heard that he had once tried to connect a tabletop RPG played by nerds and geeks and cult sacrifices. I mean, seriously, I've played tabletop RPGs. They're played in messy apartments on big tables with a bunch of mostly guys who typically have high IQs and low bench press ceilings and how somebody could say this is in any way related to a bunch of friendless wackos drinking a cat's blood is beyond me. After realizing that he thought nerds killed animals on altars, nothing he has said has ever surprised me.

Adam's Apple said:
I haven't read/heard any outcry in the MSM press/media against the leader of Iran because he said he hoped Sharon died.
That's because the MSM tends to be anti-Israel in it's reporting thus they saw nothing wrong with it.

A wall to keep terrorists out - how could Israel do such a thing? The media was beside themselves on that one.

Working Man said:

I think he applies what he considers current events to how he interprets biblical prophesies, I didn't actually hear the comment but from what I gather that is his style. I don't think he meant that Sharon's ailment was a punishment from God. That said I don't listen to him or his network so I can't say for sure. Catholics and Christians interpret the bible differently.

Bonnie said:
I think he applies what he considers current events to how he interprets biblical prophesies, I didn't actually hear the comment but from what I gather that is his style. I don't think he meant that Sharon's ailment was a punishment from God. That said I don't listen to him or his network so I can't say for sure. Catholics and Christians interpret the bible differently.
Bonnie, Catholics ARE Christians. Catholics and Protestants interpret the Bible differently. :thup:

Kathianne said:
Bonnie, Catholics ARE Christians. Catholics and Protestants interpret the Bible differently. :thup:

I agree with that except I was under the impression that Catholic theology was different from all other Christian faiths, including Anglican Catholic, Baptists, Methodists etc?

I certainly do consider all Christians to bascially have the same beliefs and same goals as Catholics. I have heard it jokingly said that Christians are "Catholic light" lol

Bonnie said:
I agree with that except I was under the impression that Catholic theology was different from all other Christian faiths, including Anglican Catholic, Baptists, Methodists etc?

I certainly do consider all Christians to bascially have the same beliefs and same goals as Catholics. I have heard it jokingly said that Christians are "Catholic light" lol

LOL! I think the problem comes in, other than 'Orthodox Right' all the other 'Christian religions' are Protestant, meaning off of the Catholic Church.

Bonnie said:

from my feeble studies, the Protestants differ with Catholics on:

* Communion-Protestants say it's representative of Last Supper, not the actual transubstantiation repeated. Catholics disagree.
* Pope-enough said
* Icons-Catholics use for 'inspiration/to focus', Protestants say it's 'worship' of idols.
* Reconciliation-In US many Catholic churches are going Protestant with the idea of 'private forgiveness', but the Church still says that one is required to make reconciliation through priest.

Those are the main differences, that I know of.

Kathianne said:
from my feeble studies, the Protestants differ with Catholics on:

* Communion-Protestans say it's representative of Last Supper, not the actual transubstiation repeated. Catholics disagree.
* Pope-enough said
* Icons-Catholics use for 'inspiration/to focus', Protestants say it's 'worship' of idols.
* Reconciliation-In US many Catholic churches are going Protestant with the idea of 'private forgiveness', but the Church still says that one is required to make reconciliation through priest.

Those are the main differences, that I know of.

Right, the host in the Catholic church once blessed is Christ's body

Yup saints are not to be prayed to including Mary, no rosaries....

Penance.... your right as far as I know

Also the way in which the end times are believed to come about... Christians believe in the Rapture and the Anti Christ, Catholics believe in a last ditch mass enlightenment by God to allow everyone to see their sins followed by signs of Christs coming such as the sun dancing in the sky, and time for everyone to repent, if enough people do heaven on earth happens, no disease, no death, we get beautiful bodies and youth for 1000 thousand years, at which point we ascend to heaven, the earth is finally destroyed, and Mary squishes Lucifers head once and for all. If we dont' repent, apocolapyse, fire, chastisement, then 1000 years of eutopian earth to his believers, followed by heaven.

That's my Readers Digest version..LOL

Forum List

Back