Pat Robertson says to legalize marijuana!!!

That would mean that NO pot smoker has ever gotten or could get cancer.

Since you know that's not true, the study is nonsense isn't it?

There never has been a death or serious illness attributed to marijuana use.

It might give you the munchies and make you eat a bunch of junk food...:lol:

But seriously alcohol is MUCH more addictive and dangerous than marijuana is. Nobody has ever overdosed solely on marijuana before. You can't say the same for alcohol. If there was a way for the government to make money off of pot-and not suffer a backlash from the anti-pot people (mostly the older crowd who generated nonsense like reefer madness). Has anybody ever heard of a bar fight involving a high person before? I've seen plenty of drunk people do it haha.

(and no I don't smoke marijuana for the record)

What is the record for smoking Marijuana? Is that number of bong hits per minute or joints per hour? Lids per day?

According to Harvard Medical, if you smoke less than 10 joints/day, you're a light user. 10-20 joints/day is considered middle use, and over 20 joints/day is heavy use.

According to that scale, I'm a very light user.

Actually, the study that was completed by the Royal British Medical Society said that if a person who has never smoked before is the baseline, cannabis only smokers are 0.93 to 0.73 percent as likely (meaning their chances are LESS than someone who doesn't smoke at all) to get cancer.

BTW, cannabis has also been proven to be effective for those going through chemo as a way to deal with the pain and the appetite loss.

It's also been proven effective for glaucoma.

My personal opinion? If something is a naturally occuring plant, it should be legal. Chew all the cocoa leaves you want if you're so inclined, it's no more harmful than a cup of coffee and helps workers deal with high altitudes. However..............if you refine it into cocaine, that is a drug and should be administered only by a physician.

I mean, God stated in the Bible "if it grows out of the ground, you may have it" when He kicked Adam and Eve out of the Garden.

And.............cannabis oil was one of the ingredients of the Holy Annointing Oil for the Kings of Israel.

It might give you the munchies and make you eat a bunch of junk food...:lol:

But seriously alcohol is MUCH more addictive and dangerous than marijuana is. Nobody has ever overdosed solely on marijuana before. You can't say the same for alcohol. If there was a way for the government to make money off of pot-and not suffer a backlash from the anti-pot people (mostly the older crowd who generated nonsense like reefer madness). Has anybody ever heard of a bar fight involving a high person before? I've seen plenty of drunk people do it haha.

(and no I don't smoke marijuana for the record)

What is the record for smoking Marijuana? Is that number of bong hits per minute or joints per hour? Lids per day?

According to Harvard Medical, if you smoke less than 10 joints/day, you're a light user. 10-20 joints/day is considered middle use, and over 20 joints/day is heavy use.

Me 2 but doesn't it really depend on the quality of the herb you smoke.

No it doesn't. No it's not. You should look up the study done on Jamaicians sometime.

Me 2 but doesn't it really depend on the quality of the herb you smoke.

Actually, that is very true, because with really good quality stuff, a small bowl will last me around 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Cheap stuff? More like 30 to 45 min.

And............I generally only smoke 1 bowl of really good stuff about 2-3 times/wk.

I can hardly wait to get on an airplane and notice that the pilot and copilot are both stoned.
Marijuana has been decriminalized (readily available) in The Netherlands since 1976. Have you ever heard of such a problem on a Dutch Airliner?

But there have been several problems with drunk pilots on American flights.

So don't let the Reefer Madness propaganda burrow into your mind.

Just saw this on the news..........

Pat Robertson and marijuana legalization make for strange bedfellows, but he's actually been championing the cause—specifically its place in the conversation about prison reform—since 2010.

Yes, according to an interview with The New York Times on Wednesday, the strict evangelical who believes gay people cause hurricanes and that mac 'n cheese may be a "black thing," is also for the legalization of marijuana. But it isn't because he's tried the stuff. It's a bit more complicated than that. “I really believe we should treat marijuana the way we treat beverage alcohol,” Robertson told The Times. "I’ve never used marijuana and I don’t intend to, but it’s just one of those things that I think: this war on drugs just hasn’t succeeded." This has been a talking point for Robertson for some time now.

Back in December 2010, The Atlantic's Chris Good wrote about "Pat Robertson's Christmas Present to Marijuana Legalizers', his take on a recent airing of The 700 Club where Robertson said, "We're locking up people that take a couple of puffs of marijuana, and the next thing you know they've got ten years ... it's costing us a fortune and it's ruining young people. Young people going to prisons--they go in as youths and they come out as hardened criminals, it's not a good thing." Back then Robertson's spokesman said it wasn't a call to decriminalize pot.

So, fast forward to last week on The 700 Club where Robertson, as The Atlantic's Andrew Cohen writes, "devoted nearly nine minutes of the broadcast to commentary and a (really well produced) piece on the topic." Adding, "He's also right in identifying the notion that decriminalizing pot possession is one of the easiest ways to break the cycle of incarceration that ruins people -- and government budgets." Following that broadcast, Robertson told The Times' Jesse McKinley, " I just want to be on the right side... And I think on this one, I’m on the right side."

Pat Robertson Wants You to Smoke Pot Legally - Yahoo! News

Interesting that he should say this.........discuss....................

So he is right every once in awhile. Cool. Today he's calling for gun control.

By the way, did you know that opiate overdoses dropped by 25 percent in CO the year they legalized marijuana for recreational use,and it has continued to drop since?

If you want a solution to the heroin/opiate crisis, legalize marijuana.

I'm for the legalization of marijuana. At the moment, it's quite a profitable business which doesn't pay taxes. I believe that smoking marijuana is no worse than drinking and smoking. There always will be people who adhere to a healthy lifestyle and there always will be people who have problems with addiction. I think that people have such an attitude towards marijuana, because only the lowest representatives of society smoke weed, but this isn't true. I know a lot of managers and bosses who don't mind smoking a joint after a hard working day. These are quite successful, normal people. They are far away from heroin and cocaine. I find more and more articles on the Internet like this. These people just hide their attachments very well. I believe that excessive consumption of sweet, alcohol or sex is also just another way to relax.

I'm for the legalization of marijuana. At the moment, it's quite a profitable business which doesn't pay taxes. I believe that smoking marijuana is no worse than drinking and smoking. There always will be people who adhere to a healthy lifestyle and there always will be people who have problems with addiction. I think that people have such an attitude towards marijuana, because only the lowest representatives of society smoke weed, but this isn't true. I know a lot of managers and bosses who don't mind smoking a joint after a hard working day. These are quite successful, normal people. They are far away from heroin and cocaine. I find more and more articles on the Internet like this. These people just hide their attachments very well. I believe that excessive consumption of sweet, alcohol or sex is also just another way to relax.
Lullaboo,

Thanks for your intelligent commentary!

You are quite right that smoking marijuana is no worse than smoking tobacco and drinking alcohol. In fact tobacco and alcohol are far more biologically destructive than marijuana. Tobacco and beverage alcohol, both of which are addictive, kill many thousands of Americans annually and make hundreds of thousands seriously sick, but there is no record of marijuana ever killing anyone or making anyone sick. And I should mention that smoking is not the only way, nor is it the best way, to enjoy marijuana. The only reason it presently is the most common method of use is the pressures of prohibition which have driven it underground and obscured available information on alternative usage (edibles).

On the matter of addiction: Marijuana is not a narcotic. It contains no addictive chemicals. Like many other pleasurable things (coffee, sweets, etc.) regular marijuana use can be habit-forming, but unlike addiction a repetitive habit is relatively easy to overcome.

The reason it appears that only the least prestigious members of society use marijuana is the stigma associated with it has driven it underground for those whose social status could be negatively affected by it. But I believe you would be quite surprised to learn just how common marijuana use is at the more conservative levels of society.

Pat Robertson and marijuana legalization make for strange bedfellows, but he's actually been championing the cause—specifically its place in the conversation about prison reform—since 2010.

Yes, according to an interview with The New York Times on Wednesday, the strict evangelical who believes gay people cause hurricanes and that mac 'n cheese may be a "black thing," is also for the legalization of marijuana. But it isn't because he's tried the stuff. It's a bit more complicated than that. “I really believe we should treat marijuana the way we treat beverage alcohol,” Robertson told The Times. "I’ve never used marijuana and I don’t intend to, but it’s just one of those things that I think: this war on drugs just hasn’t succeeded." This has been a talking point for Robertson for some time now.

Back in December 2010, The Atlantic's Chris Good wrote about "Pat Robertson's Christmas Present to Marijuana Legalizers', his take on a recent airing of The 700 Club where Robertson said, "We're locking up people that take a couple of puffs of marijuana, and the next thing you know they've got ten years ... it's costing us a fortune and it's ruining young people. Young people going to prisons--they go in as youths and they come out as hardened criminals, it's not a good thing." Back then Robertson's spokesman said it wasn't a call to decriminalize pot.

So, fast forward to last week on The 700 Club where Robertson, as The Atlantic's Andrew Cohen writes, "devoted nearly nine minutes of the broadcast to commentary and a (really well produced) piece on the topic." Adding, "He's also right in identifying the notion that decriminalizing pot possession is one of the easiest ways to break the cycle of incarceration that ruins people -- and government budgets." Following that broadcast, Robertson told The Times' Jesse McKinley, " I just want to be on the right side... And I think on this one, I’m on the right side."

Ok for a Medical problem, but not good for a driver of a car. It can kill you. Just talk to someone from a state that has rec laws for smoking the stuff. You can also get COPD in about 10 years of smoking it. You die of lung failure .

Lullaboo,

Thanks for your intelligent commentary!

You are quite right that smoking marijuana is no worse than smoking tobacco and drinking alcohol. In fact tobacco and alcohol are far more biologically destructive than marijuana. Tobacco and beverage alcohol, both of which are addictive, kill many thousands of Americans annually and make hundreds of thousands seriously sick, but there is no record of marijuana ever killing anyone or making anyone sick. And I should mention that smoking is not the only way, nor is it the best way, to enjoy marijuana. The only reason it presently is the most common method of use is the pressures of prohibition which have driven it underground and obscured available information on alternative usage (edibles).

On the matter of addiction: Marijuana is not a narcotic. It contains no addictive chemicals. Like many other pleasurable things (coffee, sweets, etc.) regular marijuana use can be habit-forming, but unlike addiction a repetitive habit is relatively easy to overcome.

The reason it appears that only the least prestigious members of society use marijuana is the stigma associated with it has driven it underground for those whose social status could be negatively affected by it. But I believe you would be quite surprised to learn just how common marijuana use is at the more conservative levels of society.
You have never seen the lungs of a heavy pot smoker, the stuff is a gummy slime that smothers you. Eating it is not bad as far as I have seen. Seen a lot of dead bodies to come to this conclusion so please be warned.

I've been for legalizing pot my whole life. Take the money and the market away from criminals (illegal aliens, violent dealers, etc.).

The success of legalization of pot in places like Colorado have refuted the claims of those Zionist shitheads who when not advocating dropping bombs in the middle-east worried that legalized pot would cause suffering.

You have never seen the lungs of a heavy pot smoker, the stuff is a gummy slime that smothers you. Eating it is not bad as far as I have seen. Seen a lot of dead bodies to come to this conclusion so please be warned.
Smoking anything, especially cigarettes, can be harmful. Lung damage from cigarettes is most harmful because the average cigarette smoker consumes between twenty and forty cigarettes a day and cigarettes contain a number of highly toxic chemicals.

Re: marijuana; edibles such as carrot-cake and brownies produce a much nicer effect than smoking it and there is absolute zero pathological effect from eating it -- provided it is properly prepared.

Legalization will make edibles readily available and in time smoking marijuana will become uncommon.

Then you should support legalization so that fewer people will smoke pot and more will eat it, saving their lungs.

Prohibition causes people to smoke pot rather than eat it. Prohibition raises prices causing people to consume it in the most efficient fashion, smoking. Prohibition also means an extreme lack of quality control, making consumption dangerous.

Ok for a Medical problem, but not good for a driver of a car. It can kill you. Just talk to someone from a state that has rec laws for smoking the stuff. You can also get COPD in about 10 years of smoking it. You die of lung failure .

Is this something that you heard, or is it something that you pulled out of thin air? According to the British Royal Medical Society (a bunch of real doctors), if you smoke cigarettes only, you are 21 times more likely to get lung cancer than someone who doesn't smoke at all.

If you smoke marijuana only? Your chance of getting lung cancer is only 0.93 to 0.72 percent more likely, which is to say, it's negligible.

As far as getting COPD after 10 years of smoking? Well, I started smoking in 2002 after I retired from the Navy. Been smoking almost daily since, and it's now 2018, which means that I've been smoking for roughly 16 years now.

Well, I still ride my bicycle at 17 to 25 mph, and on my last physical exam, my 02 stats were at 98 percent, which is pretty damn good for a 53 year old.

[...]

As far as getting COPD after 10 years of smoking? Well, I started smoking in 2002 after I retired from the Navy. Been smoking almost daily since, and it's now 2018, which means that I've been smoking for roughly 16 years now.

Well, I still ride my bicycle at 17 to 25 mph, and on my last physical exam, my 02 stats were at 98 percent, which is pretty damn good for a 53 year old.
I started smoking cigarettes in 1950 at age fifteen. I managed to quit in 1985 (wasn't easy). That was thirty-five years, ending with a 30 cigarette a day addiction.

I'm 81 now. I have some medical problems, mainly orthopedic, but my lungs are fine. Luckily I am not biologically predisposed to lung cancer. Some people are but most are not. Unfortunately there is no way to know in advance.

While I also smoked quite a bit of marijuana in the seventies, in keeping with the original message here, the overwhelming medical opinion is marijuana contains no carcinogenic or otherwise toxic chemicals.

Forum List

Back