Pat Robertson on marijuana

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
I think the Earth just shifted on its axis.

"We're locking up people that have taken a couple puffs of marijuana and next thing you know they've got 10 years with mandatory sentences," Robertson continued. "These judges just say, they throw up their hands and say nothing we can do with these mandatory sentences. We've got to take a look at what we're considering crimes and that's one of 'em. "I'm ... I'm not exactly for the use of drugs, don't get me wrong, but I just believe that criminalizing marijuana, criminalizing the possession of a few ounces of pot, that kinda thing it's just, it's costing us a fortune and it's ruining young people. Young people go into prisons, they go in as youths and come out as hardened criminals. That's not a good thing."
Robertson has in recent years come under fire for increasingly flamboyant comments, such as calling for the assassinations of foreign leaders and blaming gay people for the destruction wrought by Hurricane Katrina.

Shock: Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson favors marijuana legalization | Raw Story

Video at the link.

This is petty of me, but I would love to see rdeans face when he reads this.

From the article:

Robertson has in recent years come under fire for increasingly flamboyant comments, such as calling for the assassinations of foreign leaders and blaming gay people for the destruction wrought by Hurricane Katrina.

-------------

Who knows what he'll say next?

The guy was saying that if you gave his 700 club a couple of hundred dollars or so he would send you a bottle of colloid silver soloution that would cure everything from the plague to Herpes.

I think the Earth just shifted on its axis.

"We're locking up people that have taken a couple puffs of marijuana and next thing you know they've got 10 years with mandatory sentences," Robertson continued. "These judges just say, they throw up their hands and say nothing we can do with these mandatory sentences. We've got to take a look at what we're considering crimes and that's one of 'em. "I'm ... I'm not exactly for the use of drugs, don't get me wrong, but I just believe that criminalizing marijuana, criminalizing the possession of a few ounces of pot, that kinda thing it's just, it's costing us a fortune and it's ruining young people. Young people go into prisons, they go in as youths and come out as hardened criminals. That's not a good thing."

Shock: Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson favors marijuana legalization | Raw Story

Video at the link.

This is petty of me, but I would love to see rdeans face when he reads this.

That should mellow him out a bit, huh. ;)

The guy was saying that if you gave his 700 club a couple of hundred dollars or so he would send you a bottle of colloid silver soloution that would cure everything from the plague to Herpes.

Or, you could drive on down to the local Health Food and Herb store and buy it yourself. ;)

Or, you could drive on down to the local Health Food and Herb store and buy it yourself. ;)

Have at it, I do not want to turn blue :shock:

And my pore ol kidneys and liver has a hard enough time handling all the pain meds I take.

I wonder who Pat knows whose kid got busted for pot?

Ya got to start thinking more positively USC, start seeing the good in people man, this negative wave is a bummer, Bro, lose the Dark Cloud, lighten up, Dude. ;) :lol:

I wonder who Pat knows whose kid got busted for pot?

Ya got to start thinking more positively USC, start seeing the good in people man, this negative wave is a bummer, Bro, lose the Dark Cloud, lighten up, Dude. ;) :lol:

With Pat Robertson!!??? No way.

I said look at the bright side, not line up, to sign up. Don't let anyone leash and collar you. Just try being more tolerant and patient. :lol: We are all Humans first, right?

I said look at the bright side, not line up, to sign up. Don't let anyone leash and collar you. Just try being more tolerant and patient. :lol: We are all Humans first, right?

Now no need to get downright nasty by calling me a human. I am a zircon based life form.

Actually if Pat Robertsn did not impact so many peoples lives he would just be a joke to me.

He pretty much bankrupted my senile Grandmother begging money from her. So it is a bit personal with Pat and I.

Last edited:

Have at it, I do not want to turn blue :shock:

And my pore ol kidneys and liver has a hard enough time handling all the pain meds I take.

Don't go trashing out the Blue Men now. We can't have that.

I wonder how colloid silver would effect an MRI? Anyway, in all things, moderation.

Now no need to get downright nasty by calling me a human. I am a zircon based life form.

Actually if Pat Robertsn did not impact so many peoples lives he would just be a joke to me.

He pretty much bankrupted my senile Grandmother begging money from her. So it is a bit personal with Pat and I.

LOL! My Wife gives so much to charities I as of now have both stopped giving, and have diverted funds to deal with the mountain of neglected stuff, that doesn't want to get done itself. Grand Ma would have just found another outlet. .... Like .... dare I say it... for fear of bringing it back to life... :eek: I'll say it really small "PTL". Count your blessings. ;)

I think some of the people on the 700 club should smoke a bowl, I know I feel like I need one when I watch it.

LOL! My Wife gives so much to charities I as of now have both stopped giving, and have diverted funds to deal with the mountain of neglected stuff, that doesn't want to get done itself. Grand Ma would have just found another outlet. .... Like .... dare I say it... for fear of bringing it back to life... :eek: I'll say it really small "PTL". Count your blessings. ;)

You are likely right. She gave to PTL till Baker got busted.
the best I can figure out she was undiagnosed bipolar.
but still I cannot forgive the religious money beggars.

I give a LOT to local charities.
I pretty much keep the local country church food bank going.
And I am an atheist :)

LOL they want to have a funeral for me there. their first atheist funeral in the 100 years the church has been going.
I said sure since many of my friends attend there.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back