Pat Robertson: "I Was Misinterpreted. Yeah, That's It, That's The Ticket"

no1tovote4 said:
No, I haven't seen it but I am sure I would enjoy it as well. I haven't thought of it in quite some time. I will have to get me a copy.

Gary Cooper as Howard Roarke, Patricia Neal as Dominique Francon, and Raymond Massey as Gail Wynand. It came out in 1949, the characters seem a bit stiff by todays standards but seem to fit the book and the times. Of course they couldn't get into all of the details of the book but overall a good find for someone that likes Rand's writing. Rand wrote the screenplay .

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/6301969294/102-2646509-7803334?v=glance[/ame]

Amazon has it on VHS.

nucular said:
Are you saying that Pat is a politician? I know he attempted at one point, but mainly he portrays himself as a preacher. I may be wrong, but I expect politicians to lie, whereas I expect religious leaders to stay true to their religion.

Yes, he did run at one time, and a preacher at his level, preaching, politics, its all intertwined (rev. Jessie Jackson?)

After thinking over what he said, I really dont think its a big deal. He is being forced to retract by the media cuz its their way of getting viewers now. "OH MY ! Aunt BEE, did you hear...."

I think he really believes it and still does. I also think what he is basically saying is that regime change in that country is something that would benefit everyone except that regime, and IF we were gonna do regime change, it would be better to just take the guy out.

I dont necessarily agree that that particular guy or country needs regime change, as I said before, Im not familiar with whats going on in that country, but I agree with his sentiments that if we were going to in fact seek regime change, assisnation would be better.

theim said:
From "lets assasinate a Communist dictator" you derive that what he really means is "lets have everyone convert to Christianity or die."

I swear there should be a study about what warped processes your liberal minds carry out. Is it genetic? Or is all the doom and gloom, woe is me, those-scary-christers-are-after-me, just getting to you after a few years?

LOL I was thinking the same thing..How did he make that leap?? :tinfoil: :dunno:

LuvRPgrl He is being forced to retract by the media cuz its their way of getting viewers now. "OH MY ! Aunt BEE, did you hear...."

AND "LOOK SEE EVERYONE HOW CORRUPT AND HYPOCRITICAL ALL CHRISTAINS ARE"???

But if Kennedy calls Bush a worse dictator that Hussein it's perfectly acceptable.........LOL

Everyone knows damn well that they were all thinking the same thing, Robertson just had the bad judgement to say so out loud...

:D

markstein.gif

hylandrdet said:
Keep this one simple...

Conservative, Conservative, conservative! Convert to "Conservative Christianity" or be killed.

Thanks Pat for reminding America of what conservative christians really think of "the rest".

So you're going to characterize all Christians by Roberts' comments? That's a bit of a stretch - even for you, don't you think?

I think your post says a lot about your intolerant attitude toward Christians and the continuing effort by the rabid far left to demonize them.

Besides, Roberts meant he wanted to "take Chavez out" to lunch at a nice pizza place.

sitarro said:
Gary Cooper as Howard Roarke, Patricia Neal as Dominique Francon, and Raymond Massey as Gail Wynand. It came out in 1949, the characters seem a bit stiff by todays standards but seem to fit the book and the times. Of course they couldn't get into all of the details of the book but overall a good find for someone that likes Rand's writing. Rand wrote the screenplay .

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/6301969294/102-2646509-7803334?v=glance&tag=ff0d01-20

Amazon has it on VHS.

i love that movie....i watch it over and over and over.....patrica neal is so hot

Bonnie said:
AND "LOOK SEE EVERYONE HOW CORRUPT AND HYPOCRITICAL ALL CHRISTAINS ARE"???

But if Kennedy calls Bush a worse dictator that Hussein it's perfectly acceptable.........LOL

Everyone knows damn well that they were all thinking the same thing, Robertson just had the bad judgement to say so out loud...

kennedy....the foster brookes of the senate :alco: :alco: :alco: :alco:

LuvRPgrl said:
Yes, he did run at one time, and a preacher at his level, preaching, politics, its all intertwined (rev. Jessie Jackson?)

After thinking over what he said, I really dont think its a big deal. He is being forced to retract by the media cuz its their way of getting viewers now. "OH MY ! Aunt BEE, did you hear...."

I think he really believes it and still does. I also think what he is basically saying is that regime change in that country is something that would benefit everyone except that regime, and IF we were gonna do regime change, it would be better to just take the guy out.

I dont necessarily agree that that particular guy or country needs regime change, as I said before, Im not familiar with whats going on in that country, but I agree with his sentiments that if we were going to in fact seek regime change, assisnation would be better.

Maybe that's Ok for a private citizen to say. Are you saying that it's OK for a Christian Leader to advocate assasination? Because that is totally insane. Christianity is not supposed to be in favor of murdering anyone. Their ideals are supposed to prevail against any popular cause. In fact any serious religious person would never advocate against the core beliefs of their faith.

nucular said:
Maybe that's Ok for a private citizen to say. Are you saying that it's OK for a Christian Leader to advocate assasination? Because that is totally insane. Christianity is not supposed to be in favor of murdering anyone. Their ideals are supposed to prevail against any popular cause. In fact any serious religious person would never advocate against the core beliefs of their faith.

I give him my support on this based on one idea. Pay careful attention please.

The concept is this: IF it came up that we ARE IN FACT going to attempt regime change, THEN it would be better to assasinate Chavez, rather than go to war.

LuvRPgrl said:

The concept is this: IF it came up that we ARE IN FACT going to attempt regime change, THEN it would be better to assasinate Chavez, rather than go to war.

That may or may not be correct, but it's impossible to take him seriously as a self-proclaimed follower of Jesus if he's talking this trash. Jesus wouldn't approve, now would he?

nucular said:
That may or may not be correct, but it's impossible to take him seriously as a self-proclaimed follower of Jesus if he's talking this trash. Jesus wouldn't approve, now would he?

If you had to make a choice, which would you choose?

1. Invade the country and depose the leader thru military means, in the process, blowing up much infrastructure and killing and having killed thousands of people.

2. Assasinate the leader.

Its the only choices, that was the hypothetical he was addressing. Jesus would not have spoken on the issue.

LuvRPgrl said:

He is a clown that is only after an easy dollar. There is nothing intelligent in what he did. If he believes it why bring it up, what is that suppose to accomplish. Does he think anyone cares what he has to say? Does he really believe talking like that will accomplish anything positive?
Chavez is already paranoid about the United States and it's possible plans to get rid of him. For a national figure , no matter what a dolt he is, to advocate killing a guy that holds so much control over us is just plain stupid. This guy controls 1.6 million barrels of oil a day to us, he is holding our economy by the proverbial balls. If we actually had any plans of "taking him out" is it wise to broadcast it to the world? Obviously it would be better to take him out than to go to war but do you reveal that to the world. If we did have an operation like that underway don't you think that his dumb ass statement has put our guys in jeopardy.Don't you see that any element of surprise has been compromised? Now, if he does get killed, guess who gets the blame? :bang3:
It is different if we discuss this type of action here on the internet, we don't have international attention. We are basically anonomous and we can say almost anything. By doing what he did he put us all in jeopardy of even higher gas prices. He is nothing but a self serving salesman that sells the name of God for a dollar and has a huge income because of very naive people. :cuckoo:

LuvRPgrl said:
If you had to make a choice, which would you choose?

1. Invade the country and depose the leader thru military means, in the process, blowing up much infrastructure and killing and having killed thousands of people.

2. Assasinate the leader.

Its the only choices, that was the hypothetical he was addressing. Jesus would not have spoken on the issue.

If I wanted to be known as a spiritual/religious leader, I would not advocate killing anybody.

Look at the crap Tibet has gone through, but you don't see the Dalai Lama saying idiotic things like this.

My personal opinion doesn't matter. I am not a religious leader.

I dont disagree that saying it publicly was foolish. I dont disagree on anything, except that if he was stating that given no other choices, it would be better to assasinate

thats all

What possible threat could chavez pose to us?? He doesn't like America, does not give us any right to take him out.

Forum List

Back