Pat Robertson Dispels Creationist Idea That Earth Is 6,000 Years Old

Glensather

Gothic Vampires
Nov 10, 2012
World 1-1
"Pat Robertson, the controversial televangelist and host of the Christian Broadcasting Network's "700 Club," is said to have stunned many of his viewers on Tuesday when he dispelled the idea -- held dear by many Bibical creationists -- that Earth is only 6,000 years old.

He went on to say that Christians should not "cover up" scientific evidence that shows the Earth to be much, much older.

As Raw Story notes, Robertson's comments were made in response to a viewer who had written in to the show. The woman said that her "biggest fear is to not have my children and husband next to me in God's Kingdom because they question why the Bible could not explain the existence of dinosaurs.""

SOURCE: Pat Robertson Dispels Creationist Idea That Earth Is 6,000 Years Old (VIDEO)

"Biblical creationists hold the belief that the earth is only 6,000 - 10,000 years old, and dinosaurs and people walked the earth together. Raw Story reports that in his 1650 publication “The Annals of the World,” Archbishop of Ireland James Ussher estimated that the Earth had been created on October 23, 4004 BC. Ussher’s work continues to be cited by many creationists as proof that the Earth is 6,000 years old."

SOURCE: Pat Robertson admits Biblical creationism is false - National Humanist | Examiner.com

"You go back in time, you have carbon dating, all these things, and you have the carcasses of dinosaurs frozen in time." Robertson explained on his program. "They are out there. And so there was a time when these giant raptors were on the earth and it was before the time of the Bible. So don't try to cover it up and make like everything was 6,000 years, that's not the Bible."

SOURCE: Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong

"However, Robertson’s Christian Broadcasting Network sells material arguing that the earth is 6,000 years old and that the Bible says dinosaurs and humans lived together."

SOURCE: Even Pat Robertson Denies that the Earth is 6,000 Years Old | Right Wing Watch

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I put multiple sources because I know people see "Huffington Post" and automatically discredit it.

Anyway, it's the first time Pat Robertson has said anything I agree with (and that's accounting for my religious days).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back