Pat Roberts (R-Kansas) admits he's a sellout to Coporate Lobbyists!

Vast LWC

<-Mohammed
Aug 4, 2009
New York
I saw a clip of this on Colbert last night and had to find it for myself so I could include the context.

This is just absolutely amazing:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOyFt8pt0Hw]YouTube - Pat Roberts wants 72 hours for health insurance lobbyists[/ame]

Senator Roberts asks for a waiting period so Corporate Lobbyists can have time to change the legislation.

ROFL.

• Banned
Wow.

So, a sitting Senator admits on national television that he's a shill for corporate interests, and apparently no-one cares.

LOL.

[SIZE=+1]
hc-steth-cash.jpg
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Democrats block Public Option[/SIZE]
When will Obama show us some leadership?

[SIZE=+1] [/SIZE]Link Excerpt:
Democrats vowed to keep fighting for a government- run health-insurance program
after the Democratic-led finance committee defeated the proposal yesterday. The panel rejected amendments offered by Schumer and Jay Rockefeller to create a &#8220;public option&#8221; that would compete with private insurers such as Indianapolis- based WellPoint Inc. Panel chairman Max Baucus (D-Traitor) and two other Democrats joined with all of the committee&#8217;s Republican sons of bitches to vote against both amendments to keep 50 million people uninsured.

• Banned
They should all be tossed and we should start over from scratch.

Apparently starting with Pat Roberts.

I mean the man feels so comfortable with the fact that he sold out to corporate interests that he uses it as a reason to hold up legislation on national television.

That is the ultimate fuck you to his constituency.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Max Baucus has accepted more money from the health insurance industry than any other member of Congress. Period.

He needs to be thrown out too.

I saw a clip of this on Colbert last night and had to find it for myself so I could include the context.

YouTube - Pat Roberts wants 72 hours for health insurance lobbyists

Senator Roberts asks for a waiting period so Corporate Lobbyists can have time to change the legislation.

ROFL.

Hello Mr Senator let me introduce you to my friends at The Kick Them All Out Project - Imposing our undeniable will on the government through the power of our votes! you shill.

This guy is such an idiot...he could have at least said "We need 72 hours so me and my fellow congresspeople can look over the bill and the american people can have a chance to look at it and express their concerns to their representatives prior to a vote"

I mean if he said that would you all not support the idea? Maybe you wouldn't which, if that is the case, I would love to debate the value of the position with you.

But no he says "We need to give the people the insurance companies hired time to find stuff in the bill they dont like"

What a Jackass.

[SIZE=+1]Quotes[/SIZE]
"The president...is trying to talk softly about health-care reform in hopes that Republicans in Congress will support a reform bill. Forget it, Mr. President. The Republicans are not going to give you an inch. That also goes for the so-called "blue dog Democrats," who are really Republicans at heart.
[SIZE=+1]The biggest failure will result from the president&#8217;s reluctance to fight..."[/SIZE]
-- Helen Thomas, Link

"I'm a little bit disappointed. I know he's strongly for it, and I know his tactic has been to let the Congress do his work and then he'll come in when the crunch really counts. Well, the crunch is really beginning to count now, so I think it's important that he come in at this point strongly."
-- Jay Rockefeller, wondering why Obama refuses to come to work, Link

Meanwhile, the PUBLIC supports a public option by a 2-to-1 margin:

"The latest New York Times/CBS News Poll found solid support for a government-run insurance plan, or so-called public option, that would compete with private insurers. Other surveys have found similar results.

But what members of the public seem to prefer and what Congress plans to give them may not be the same thing.

For example, the Times/CBS poll asked:

Would you favor or oppose the government offering everyone a government-administered health insurance plan &#8212; something like the Medicare coverage that people 65 and older get &#8212; that would compete with private insurance plans?

The poll question was phrased generally so that it could be asked in repeated surveys over time regardless of any specific legislative proposal.

With the question asked that way, most respondents supported the idea, with 65 percent in favor, 26 percent opposed and 9 percent offering no position.

But in Congress, none of the legislative proposals that include the public option would make it available to everyone. In fact, the public option, at least at the outset, would not be an option for most Americans, particularly those who already have health insurance.

The public, in other words, may have more appetite for the public option than many in Congress do.
"

There isn't a single person in the Washington political crowd that can't be bought for the right amount of money. Why do you think they want the job in politics so badly? Surely you don't think it's to serve the people who got them elected and to protect the Constitution. No, it's to serve themselves.

They should all be tossed and we should start over from scratch.

Apparently starting with Pat Roberts.

I mean the man feels so comfortable with the fact that he sold out to corporate interests that he uses it as a reason to hold up legislation on national television.

That is the ultimate fuck you to his constituency.

Honestly, I don't think any of them give a damn about us. Not a one.

Max Baucus' supporters and constituent's support a public option.

A recent Research 2000 poll found that:

78% of Montana Democrats are in favor of a Public Option, that would be the people who voted for Senator Baucus.

And overall, 47% of Montanans favor a public option and 43% oppose it.

The numbers were even higher in favor of a public option when Baucus was re-elected in November.

Mr Baucus, you are not listening to your constituency, I wonder if that 4 million dollars in donations from the Health Care industry has anything to do with it...

There isn't a single person in the Washington political crowd that can't be bought for the right amount of money. Why do you think they want the job in politics so badly? Surely you don't think it's to serve the people who got them elected and to protect the Constitution. No, it's to serve themselves.

i disagree that that's WHY they got into it, but i definitely agree with your first sentence

Max Baucus' supporters and constituent's support a public option.

A recent Research 2000 poll found that:

78% of Montana Democrats are in favor of a Public Option, that would be the people who voted for Senator Baucus.

And overall, 47% of Montanans favor a public option and 43% oppose it.

The numbers were even higher in favor of a public option when Baucus was re-elected in November.

Mr Baucus, you are not listening to your constituency, I wonder if that 4 million dollars in donations from the Health Care industry has anything to do with it...

And if asked.. a majority of people would favor guaranteed sex and free beer.... but those also are not the responsibility of government to give

YouTube - Pat Roberts wants 72 hours for health insurance lobbyists

ROFL.

You do know that it is some hgired lawyer that writes up the bills for Congress. This includes Lobbyists, trial lawyers, Prosecuters and even some judges.....Our elected representatives just try to sell the ideas they want implemented. They do not have to form one sentence that will go into the bill. That is what their staff is there for.

You do know that it is some hgired lawyer that writes up the bills for Congress. This includes Lobbyists, trial lawyers, Prosecuters and even some judges.....Our elected representatives just try to sell the ideas they want implemented. They do not have to form one sentence that will go into the bill. That is what their staff is there for.

While it is true that their staff generally writes the actual wording of the bills, their "staff" are not generally supposed to be Lobbyists for corporate interests that would profit off the bill's wording.

Apparently Pat Roberts believes that the corporate interests should have time allotted to them by congress so that they'll get a chance to change the bill themselves.

You know what? I think from now on, I'm goinig to replace the word "whore" with "Roberts" in my personal vocabulary.

I'll say things like "Wow, he's really Robertsing for the Healthcare Industry"

ROFL.

Forum List

Back