Pat Buchanan: GOP demographic problem - It is a heavily white party

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
s-PAT-large.jpg

"There's a real demographic problem with the Republican Party," Buchanan said. "It is a heavily white party, quite frankly. And as a share of the electorate, that is diminishing and Hispanics are growing very rapidly, Asians are growing rapidly, and by two-thirds they tend to vote Democratic."

Buchanan told Hall that the party is losing young people as well.

"Young people increasingly are more liberal and more socially moderate, and they move away from the Republican Party," he said. "These things are undeniable, the Republican party ... is in tough shape."

Buchanan: GOP A "Heavily White Party"

Republicans have 70% of the Cuban vote, and 30% of the Latino vote, it's all the Blacks who vote 90% Democratic that makes the Republicans look "white". Is there a problem with this? Does anyone actually need the Black vote for anything?

Holy crap

Buchanan is absolutely dead on.

Too many old white people in the GOP.

are you being serious....

so i guess its a bad thing to be old and white anymore...

what a country we live in

old white people have never done a anything good for this country

Holy crap

Old white people did a lot for this country when most of the population was old and white.

Holy crap

I was implying that there weren't enough young, non-white people in the party.

Its a great thing to be old and white but the demographics are shifting against the GOP, at least according to Pat Buchanan.

Holy crap

Old white men send young men to die in their wars of ideology...

"No mother would ever willingly sacrifice her sons for territorial gain, for economic advantage, for ideology."
Ronald Reagan

"Why should we hear about body bags, and deaths...I mean, it's not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?"
Barbara Bush

Republicans have 70% of the Cuban vote, and 30% of the Latino vote, it's all the Blacks who vote 90% Democratic that makes the Republicans look "white". Is there a problem with this? Does anyone actually need the Black vote for anything?

Hmmm........... One citizen, one vote. And a group that makes up as little as 10% of the population and votes as a block can sway elections in any part of the nation. But just maintain your nice bigoted attitude, and keep right on losing elections.

The problem isn’t race related. The problem is that so many Americans are too ignorant to get off their lazy fat asses and vote.

Holy crap

Silly ass. That is not what was said. However, a party that consists mainly of old, white people is not going to win elections. Particularly when there are a lot of old white people like myself that think the Rushpublicans are totally out of their collective minds.

The Republican parties policies of contempt and indifference what what happens to those who are not fabulously wealthy has come back to bite them on the ass thanks to the economic meltdown

We have been reading the contempt that many of you partisan Republicans have for most Americans.

And you wonder why American overwhelmingly voted your party out of office?!

This is the "you cannot fool all the people all the time" part of the equasion, Republicans.

Your indifference to the suffering your party has caused the American working classes has finally woken up enough Americans that your party is in trouble.

Those people you thought were losers have decided they are not going to go gently into the night whille you give every advantage to the affluent masters.

So they put the Democratic party in charge because they're hoping that the DEMS understand that people who lost their jobs need help, and those who still have jobs need jobs that pay a living wage.

The Democrats didn't WIN the last election...the Republicans lost it.

Last edited:
The problem isn’t race related. The problem is that so many Americans are too ignorant to get off their lazy fat asses and vote.

If they are ignorant, why should they vote?

And NObama's post pretty much exemplifies that contempt I was just talking about doesn't it?

Those people you think are lazy and ignorant just took Congress and the Oval office away from the Republicans, No.

They're underemployed, or unemployed, they don't make enough money for the Republicns to care about them, and they finally woke up and realized that your party holds them in complete contempt.

The Republican parties policies of contempt and indifference what what happens to those who are not fabulously wealthy has come back to bite them on the ass thanks to the economic meltdown

We have been reading the contempt that many of you partisan Republicans have for most Americans.

This is the "you cannot fool all the people all the time" part of the equasion, Republicans.

Your indifference to the suffering your party has caused the American working classes has finally woken up enough Americans that your party is in trouble.

Those people you thought were losers have decided they are not going to go gently into the night whille you give every advantage to the affluent masters.

So they put the Democratic party in charge because they're hoping that the DEMS understand that people who lost their jobs need help, and those who still have jobs need jobs that pay a living wage.

That's all I'm saying Editec. Why you always got to argue with me when you clearly seem to get it. Don't answer that. I don't want anything to ruin this moment. :lol:

If this doesn't prove I was right all these years, nothing will. No one agrees with me on every issue, but some people picked up on them being the party of exclusion, some people realized they were anti labor, some were turned off with their anti gay, anti abortion bullshit, sarah palin, abramoff, libby, bush, rove, delay, global warming doesn't exist, this is a christian nation, the way they handled katrina, torture, losing two fucking wars, the economy, doubling the debt, deregulations, oil gouging, America is a christian nation bullshit, growing government, stem cell.

I guess the crashed economy is not "EVERYONES FAULT". I guess Americans do realize the GOP's policies and bad laws passed are what let us to this mess. Why else have they been so punished?

And look at the fucking email I got from Michael Steele. Its like they haven't learned their lesson yet. He wrote:

"His defection to the Democrat Party puts the Democrats in an almost unstoppable position to pass Obama's destructive agenda of income redistribution, health care nationalization, and a massive expansion of entitlements."

I hate GOP talking points.

And for those who don't think there is a difference in parties, don't worry about Spector changing teams, because they are all the same. :lol:

That's all I'm saying Editec.

No that's not ALL you've often said, Sealy. Often you say that the DEMS are actually our friends when they're AS responsible (for TWO examples) for FREE TRADE and the continued persecution of stoners as the Republicans are.

Have you actually ever been involved in Democratic politics?

I have.

Why you always got to argue with me when you clearly seem to get it. Don't answer that. I don't want anything to ruin this moment. :lol:

Because you only seem to get PART of it, Sealy. That and your anger at Jews makes you look like a god damned fool.

If this doesn't prove I was right all these years, nothing will. No one agrees with me on every issue, but some people picked up on them being the party of exclusion, some people realized they were anti labor, some were turned off with their anti gay, anti abortion bullshit, sarah palin, abramoff, libby, bush, rove, delay, global warming doesn't exist, this is a christian nation, the way they handled katrina, torture, losing two fucking wars, the economy, doubling the debt, deregulations, oil gouging, America is a christian nation bullshit, growing government, stem cell.

I'm not responsible for what other people write, Sealy.

I guess the crashed economy is not "EVERYONES FAULT". I guess Americans do realize the GOP's policies and bad laws passed are what let us to this mess. Why else have they been so punished?

there you go again. trying to blame this mess ENTIRELY on the Republicans is flat out ignorant partisanship.

And look at the fucking email I got from Michael Steele. Its like they haven't learned their lesson yet. He wrote:

"His defection to the Democrat Party puts the Democrats in an almost unstoppable position to pass Obama's destructive agenda of income redistribution, health care nationalization, and a massive expansion of entitlements."

I hate GOP talking points.

I hate most REPDEMCRATLICAN talking points.

Talking points are the bumperstick logic that motivates partians.

And for those who don't think there is a difference in parties, don't worry about Spector changing teams, because they are all the same. :lol:

They are opposing teams, but essantially LIKE MINDED members of the INSIDERS PARTY.

Put away you're faith in the Dems, my friend.

Support THEM when you AGREE WITH THEIR POLCIES, and support the REPS when (if ever) you can find something to agree with coming from them.

But stop thinking that there's anyone in the master class who really gives a flying fuck about you or Americans.

History does not support that faith you have.

Yes, of course the Republican partisans on this board are jerkoffs.

That doesn't mean the Democratic party really gives a shit what happens to SEALY or EDITEC.

The proof is in the pudding of their legislation and regulations.

It's not about high minded sounding rhetoric it's in w3hat they actually DO.

The working class was BETRAYED by the Democrats.

Forum List

Back