Pastor's Anti-Gay Rights speech

And yes in some states certain homosexual acts are illegal.

Not since Lawrence v. Texas has sodomy between consenting adults (whether they be between members of the same or opposite sex) been illegal. The laws may still be on the state books, but they cannot be prosecuted.

>>>>

Last edited:

Not since Lawrence v. Texas has sodomy between consenting adults (whether they be between members of the same or opposite sex) been illegal. The laws may still be on the state books, but they cannot be prosecuted.

>>>>

Not "may" still be on the books, but "are" still on the books.

In Michigan, the practice of charging and convicting gay men under the state’s “Abominable and Detestable Crime Against Nature” or “Gross Indecency” laws still exists, with violators facing the risk of having to register as sex offenders and prison sentences of up to 15 years. According to Rudy Serra, attorney and Chairman of the Executive Clemency Council for the State of Michigan, police officers continue to aggressively prosecute LGBT people without legal challenge:

The legislature still has not repealed the sodomy and gross indecency statutes, even after Lawrence v. Texas, and ultra-conservative ("strict constructionist") judges still continue to enforce the "legislative intent" to criminalize gay sex, regardless of what the U.S. Supreme Court says.
LGBT people in Michigan continue to be charged with crimes for public speech, in which they let another person know they are interested in private, unpaid sex with another adult. Bag-A-Fag (undercover decoy cop) operations, where police officers pretend to be gay men cruising for unpaid, consensual sex continue in Michigan. LGBT people are still at risk of spending 15 years in state prison for acts that are perfectly legal in most other states.

>>>>

And if you read the rest of the article, the arrests are normally dropped by DA's that know they can't get a conviction for consensual sex between adults which is what Lawrence addressed.

Then there are the states, which it appears Michigan is one, are using a loophole in the Lawrence decision that has to do with consensual sex and bypassing it by arresting people on a "public acts" violation for inquiring about unpaid, consensual sex. By exploiting the loophole regarding "Public Conduct" they've shifted what the individuals are being charged for, not for the consensual sex between consenting adults in the privacy of their home which is still protected by Lawrence.

>>>>

>>>>

And if you read the rest of the article, the arrests are normally dropped by DA's that know they can't get a conviction for consensual sex between adults which is what Lawrence addressed.

Then there are the states, which it appears Michigan is one, are using a loophole in the Lawrence decision that has to do with consensual sex and bypassing it by arresting people on a "public acts" violation for inquiring about unpaid, consensual sex. By exploiting the loophole regarding "Public Conduct" they've shifted what the individuals are being charged for, not for the consensual sex between consenting adults in the privacy of their home which is still protected by Lawrence.

>>>>

Doesn't matter if they were dropped or not. Fact is the law is still on the books and in some states they're arrested and have to go through the hassle that it entails.

>>>>

Doesn't matter if they were dropped or not. Fact is the law is still on the books and in some states they're arrested and have to go through the hassle that it entails.

I don't disagree that some try to circumvent the decision with the intent of hassling (to use your word) homosexuals, that fact remains that that people are not convicted of sodomy (whether between heterosexuals or homosexuals) between consenting adults in the privacy of their own home since the Lawrence decision. Prosecutors know that if they tried the case it would be thrown out and would then open themselves and their jurisdiction to lawsuits based on false imprisonment.

>>>>

Last edited:
I am a southern red neck straight white male that believes gay marriage is weird and strange.
However, I support rights of everyone including gay rights.
If we do not fight for the rights of everyone some day, one day they will come and take my fat ass and condemn me for being a straight white red neck male.
Great post.

I believe a human born with no arms and big ears is weird and strange too but I have no desire what-so-ever to persecute and revile them. Nobody...not one can help who, where, what and how they are born.

You must believe the argument that a person is born gay.

I have a cousin who was gay....he died of AIDS about ten years ago when he was in his 50's By the time he was two years old he was playing with girl's dolls and toys and putting on his mama's shoes. By the time he was five his daddy had nicknamed him "Sissy"

I don't THINK a person is born Gay.....I KNOW they are.

Last edited:
I believe a human born with no arms and big ears is weird and strange too but I have no desire what-so-ever to persecute and revile them. Nobody...not one can help who, where, what and how they are born.

I have a cousin who was gay....he died of AIDS about ten years ago when he was in his 50's By the time he was two years old he was playing with girl's dolls and toys and putting on his mama's shoes. By the time he was five his daddy had nicknamed him "Sissy"

Then it should be easy for you to prove.

I don't have to prove a thing. It's already been proven. It's like evolution and global warming and the science of pregnancy and pre natal care. The right wing believes the earth was created in perfect condition about 6000 years ago, a virgin gave birth to some ghost who will come back to earth floating on a cloud and on top of that they believe they will join the guy on that cloud and live forever. Add global warming is a myth. The fact that all the ice at the poles is melting and 90% of scientists say the condition is man made doesn't mean a thing. One thing I've learned....facts do not impress those who are very naive, brainwashed or stupid.

I don't have to prove a thing. It's already been proven. It's like evolution and global warming and the science of pregnancy and pre natal care. The right wing believes the earth was created in perfect condition about 6000 years ago, a virgin gave birth to some ghost who will come back to earth floating on a cloud and on top of that they believe they will join the guy on that cloud and live forever. Add global warming is a myth. The fact that all the ice at the poles is melting and 90% of scientists say the condition is man made doesn't mean a thing. One thing I've learned....facts do not impress those who are very naive, brainwashed or stupid.

If it has already been proven then where is the proof and why are scientist still trying to discover this elusive "gay gene"?

And since you're changing the subject to man-made global warming. Although you provide no data to support that claim allow me to offer this:

Since 1998, more than 31,000 American scientists from diverse climate-related disciplines, including more than 9,000 with Ph.D.s, have signed a public petition announcing their belief that “…there is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth’s atmosphere and disruption of the Earth’s climate.” Included are atmospheric physicists, botanists, geologists, oceanographers, and meteorologists.

And as for you proving anything. Do not make claim as a mattter of fact that you cannot support. It is your opinion, not a fact.

Last edited:

If it has already been proven then where is the proof and why are scientist still trying to discover this elusive "gay gene"?

And since you're changing the subject to man-made global warming. Although you provide no data to support that claim allow me to offer this:

Since 1998, more than 31,000 American scientists from diverse climate-related disciplines, including more than 9,000 with Ph.D.s, have signed a public petition announcing their belief that “…there is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth’s atmosphere and disruption of the Earth’s climate.” Included are atmospheric physicists, botanists, geologists, oceanographers, and meteorologists.

And as for you proving anything. Do not make claim as a mattter of fact that you cannot support. It is your opinion, not a fact.

Gay gene my ass. I watched my cousin from the time he was a baby till I was a pall bearer at his funeral. He was born "different." Both his daddy and his brother were truck drivers and big muscular men. He was slim, feminine and spoke in a high pitched voice....in addition to the other things I told about that he did when he was a baby.

Something else....when I was in my teens in the late 1940's and early 1950's gangs used to roll queers and drunks. They were beaten and robbed frequently...sometimes murdered. They were ostrisized and made fun of.........why would anybody in their right mind CHOOSE to be that way when they knew the consequences?

Last edited:

Well no wonder he grew up to be a fudge packer.

His parents let him play with dolls and his father referred to him with a girls name.

They should have been charged with child abuse. :cool:

Gay gene my ass. I watched my cousin from the time he was a baby till I was a pall bearer at his funeral. He was born "different." Both his daddy and his brother were truck drivers and big muscular men. He was slim, feminine and spoke in a high pitched voice....in addition to the other things I told about that he did when he was a baby.

Something else....when I was in my teens in the late 1940's and early 1950's gangs used to roll queers and drunks. They were beaten and robbed frequently...sometimes murdered. They were ostrisized and made fun of.........why would anybody in their right mind CHOOSE to be that way when they knew the consequences?

You should have asked him why he chose the life he chose.

I just know that there is no scientific evidence of a person being born gay.

Well no wonder he grew up to be a fudge packer.

His parents let him play with dolls and his father referred to him with a girls name.

They should have been charged with child abuse. :cool:

10% of the world's population is not a straight human and as long as there are idiots like you they will either have to choose to lie about who they really are or be ostricized my ignorant people. One thing.....when this generation dies off that will be the end of it...just like the racial bigots who believe white is better than black. Their ass gonna' die too.

10% of the world's population is not a straight human and as long as there are idiots like you they will either have to choose to lie about who they really are or be ostricized my ignorant people. One thing.....when this generation dies off that will be the end of it...just like the racial bigots who believe white is better than black. Their ass gonna' die too.
Since fudge packers do not reproduce (unless you count mud babies, ie. turds)

Straight people will be around long after homos have become extinct.

(that is if there really is a homo gene)

True story.......:thup:

I can't really tell if you are serious or just trying to project Poe's Law, but...

1. Because someone is homosexual, doesn't mean they are infertile.

2. Homosexual have been around as long as there have been humans, using your logic no homosexuals could have been produced after the first humans appeared hundreds of thousands of years ago. Yet they still walk among us. You "logic" (and I use the term loosely here) is false.

>>>>

I can't really tell if you are serious or just trying to project Poe's Law, but...

1. Because someone is homosexual, doesn't mean they are infertile.

2. Homosexual have been around as long as there have been humans, using your logic no homosexuals could have been produced after the first humans appeared hundreds of thousands of years ago. Yet they still walk among us. You "logic" (and I use the term loosely here) is false.

>>>>

Forgive them...they are hung up on the fairy tales:

1.Lev. 18:22 , "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

2.Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them."

3.1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,1 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

4.Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

They must be right......they talk about a bunch of ghosts controlling "good Christians" forever.

Last edited:
Hopefully, that preacher was kicked out of his church the next day and replaced with one that believes in the Bible over social issues. :cool:

You wouldn't want anyone meddling in your church and the decisions you and they make there so why do you care what other churches do?
What you do in your church I respect and stay out of.
Same with all churches.
Causes less problems when we all mind our own business when it comes to other's religious beliefs.
A pastor of a church is supposed to believe in the Bible and lead his congregation according to biblical principals.

If he strays away from that and puts social issues ahead of christian theology and doctrine.

Then he needs to step down and find another vocation that matches his beliefs. :cool:

Your own religion has varying and different interpretations of the Quran, go around slaughtering each other over those varying interpretations and you are telling a Christian pastor what they should and should not do.

Try sorting out your own religious problems and get back to us when that is done.

Forum List

Back