Pastor Terry Burning Korans VS Ground Zero Mosque: Hypocricy is rampant

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
My stance on Pastor Terry is nearly identical to my stance on the mosque.

He has the right to burn the koran under the first ammendment. However just because he has the right to do it doesn't mean he should. I think it is a very insensitive action and I dont think he, or anyone else, should be out burning Korans. By doing so he is being very insensitive and disrespectful to the feelings of the majority of americans.

Just like the mosque...the Imam, who just stated violence could ensue if the mosque isn't built, has every right to build the mosque there. However just becaues he has the right to do so doesn't mean he should. I think its a very insensitve action and I dont think he should be building the cordova center in that specific location. By doing so it is very insensitive and disrespectful to the feelings of the majority of americans.

Many of you posting here on the USMB sound very hypocritical in this arena. I think everyone should really examine their personal stances on these two issues and decide why they hold their opinions. It seems many on the left and right are just spouting off with talking points instead of coming to an opinion based on personal values.

Agree, Disagree, and discuss with me if you want.

Last edited:
Likewise. Both are legally within their rights. Morally, both are totally wrong. Having seen some of the posts on both topics, I kinda wonder whether some people actually understand the meaning of the term 'morals'.

They are both Fundamentalists of the First Order.

Now finally America, can you see what results from fundamentalist thinking? Lunacy, idiocy and instigation.

Fundamentalists in religion, in politics, in public morality should never have any attention paid to them. It only encourages this lunatic behavior.

Im not sure he has the right to burn the Quran as he was unable to get a permit, Im not certain they can build a mosque since they dont own the land.

Likewise. Both are legally within their rights. Morally, both are totally wrong. Having seen some of the posts on both topics, I kinda wonder whether some people actually understand the meaning of the term 'morals'.

That is what insipred me to make the thread CG. I saw comments by people who dont support the mosque based on its insensitivity to others supporting this guy in one way or another.

Then I see other posts by those supporing the mosque based soley on the first ammendment right to do it bashing this guy and ignoring that very same ammendement. Not that I disagree with their bashing this guy for his idea to burn korans, I am against him doing it too, but its the fact that they ignore their own position on the first ammendment now that its a situation they dont like.

Consistancy in values is a good thing

Im not sure he has the right to burn the Quran as he was unable to get a permit, Im not certain they can build a mosque since they dont own the land.

Its like burning the flag Mr. Fitnah. Everyone has the general right under the first ammendment to burn the flag or the koran but people shouldn't do either, both are very insulting and wrong.

You do have a good technical point, I think in that guy's state book burning may actually be illegal and he most likely does need a permit which I hope he doesn't get.

He has the right to burn the koran under the first ammendment. However just because he has the right to do it doesn't mean he should. I think it is a very insensitive action and I dont think he, or anyone else, should be out burning Korans. By doing so he is being very insensitive and disrespectful to the feelings of the majority of americans.

Just like the mosque...the Imam, who just threatened violence if the mosque isn't built, has every right to build the mosque there. However just becaues he has the right to do so doesn't mean he should. I think its a very insensitve action and I dont think he should be building the cordova center in that specific location. By doing so it is very insensitive and disrespectful to the feelings of the majority of americans.

Many of you posting here on the USMB sound very hypocritical in this arena. I think everyone should really examine their personal stances on these two issues and decide why they hold their opinions. It seems many on the left and right are just spouting off with talking points instead of coming to an opinion based on personal values.

Proof???

the Imam, who just threatened violence if the mosque isn't built,
Link, please.
You beat me to it!

PP is our of his/her mind. The way CON$ pervert anything anyone they hate says is why CON$ have no credibility.

There is no comparison between the cultural center and the Koran burning. The cultural center was set up to bring people together and the Koran burning was intended to divide.

Last edited:
I see 2 people who dont hold consistant positions on the issues brought up by the original post have already chimed in and decided to avoid the topic.

I posted a link for both of you with many stories you can pick from.

Link, please.
You beat me to it!

PP is our of his/her mind. The way CON$ pervert anything anyone they hate says id why CON$ have no credibility.

There is no comparison between the cultural center and the Koran burning. The cultural center was set up to bring people together and the Koran burning was intended to divide.

Like political parties ?

Just like the mosque...the Imam, who just stated violence could ensue if the mosque isn't built, has every right to build the mosque there. However just becaues he has the right to do so doesn't mean he should. I think its a very insensitve action and I dont think he should be building the cordova center in that specific location. By doing so it is very insensitive and disrespectful to the feelings of the majority of americans.

"... President Obama said: "Let me be clear: As a citizen, and as president, I believe that members of the Dove World Outreach Center have the same right to freedom of speech and religion as anyone else in this country."

Gov. Charlie Crist of Florida lauded Obama's remarks, saying America is "a place where you're supposed to be able to practice your religion without the government telling you you can't."

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg called Obama's words a "clarion defense of the freedom of religion" -- and also claimed that he had recently run into a filthy jihadist who actually supported the Quran-burning!

Keith Olbermann read the poem "First they came ..." on air in defense of the Quran-burners, nearly bringing himself to tears at his own profundity.

No wait, my mistake. This is what liberals said about the ground zero mosque only five minutes ago when they were posing as First Amendment absolutists...."
Coulter:
Bonfire of the Insanities - HUMAN EVENTS

Link, please.
You beat me to it!

PP is our of his/her mind. The way CON$ pervert anything anyone they hate says id why CON$ have no credibility.

I'm sorry that the original post makes you feel the need to be distracting and defensive. I was trying to avoid calling people out by name to give people a chance to self examine their own inconsistancy in values.

Forum List

Back