Pastor Jones to protest Dearborn Arab-American Festival

You inferred that I said they pose an equal threat.

Yes I did. And I also believe that was your intent.

However, it certainly wouldn't upset me to learn that I am mistaken, and you do in fact agree that in the modern world, irresponsible interpretation of scriptures by radical Muslims poses a greater threat than irresponsible interpretation of scriptures by radical Christians.

And likewise, it also wouldn't upset me to see you tap dance around this acknowledgement and prove that I am not mistaken.
Irresponsible interpretations of the Koran by Muslims poses a greater threat to the west than irresponsible interpretations of the Bible by Christians.

Not even close , he has Islamic scripture to back up his concerns.
He's using Islamic scripture the same way the Taliban uses Islamic scripture.

Ill trust the opinion of an Islamic scholar over yours on issues of Islam,
Your ignorance of other topics are for another thread.

Ask-Imam.com [5115] Plz tell me about Osama bin ladin and Taliban

Taliban was a valid Shar'ee government. The methods adopted by the Taliban
were in accordance to the Shari'ah. In the Shari'ah. The Imaam (Islamic
ruler) has the right and duty to enforce the external laws of the Shari'ah.
This had been the practice of the four rightly guided Khulafaa Raashideen.
You have discovered the world's thinnest argument to gin up fear of all Muslims. It's simplistic. It's hardly reflective of the attitudes of each and every Muslim on the planet. But it fits your template and you'll hang on to it come hell, high water or Armageddon. Because it's simplistic.

Ann Landers would be proud. Ask an Imam. If all it takes to have what you think of as a solid foundatuion in Islam is some Imam validating your paranoia, it might easily be said that your foundation is built on sand.

Why on earth would anyone want to protest an Arab-American Festival? What would be the point?

I don't get you, mani. You've spent the last ten years peeing your pants over radical muslims when they have no real power to hurt us....sure, they can do some damage here and there but only fear can destroy us.

You are such a disappointment. :(

Why on earth would anyone want to protest an Arab-American Festival? What would be the point?
Why would someone shout anti-Gay epithets at a soldier's funeral?

It's what happens when someone carries his fears to his faith rather than his love.

While we tolerate them by statute, our common humanity just wants them to lose the celebrity they get.

It's what happens when someone carries his fears to his faith rather than his love.

While we tolerate them by statute, our common humanity just wants them to lose the celebrity they get.

Fear and faith cannot coexist. Faith is the antithesis of fear.

I don't get you, mani. You've spent the last ten years peeing your pants over radical muslims when they have no real power to hurt us....sure, they can do some damage here and there but only fear can destroy us.

You are such a disappointment. :(

manifold too stupid to bother with :thup:

:lol:

Good points.

But then again, why would someone join a murderous mob because somebody else burned a book? Should the media ignore that too?

Man I can't wait for this. I might go to that damn festival this year take some pictures. So what do you people think would happen if I wear my Israeli flag hat?

Forum List

Back