Pastor : I'll 'hold my nose,' vote for Mormon Romney

The Right to Free Speech, the Protection of Religious Liberty are both Guaranteed. Let's consider the abuse of authority, before claiming Negative Rights on Religious Institutions, in the name of Tyranny of the State and Despotism. Conscience is neither subject to Regulation or Tax. The notion is an offense.

Protection of religious liberty is one thing. I'm an American too and I don't have to see and hear tales about your ancient superstition. I hope we're not finished until public displays of that crap are gone forever.

So religious protected, except any mention of it publically?

Thank God you weren't a Founder!

Cammmpbell has the illusion that we each need his permission to go out in Public. :cuckoo:

Wrong. Tax exempt organizations are prohibited from such activities.

Which, of course, is illegal and unconstitutional. "Congress shall make no law" means specifically that. Congress can't pass a law penalizing preachers for preaching. Period.

Funny how they made a law to not tax them...

Yeah, how odd that they would make a law to keep the statute in compliance with the First amendment. They are usually going completely contrary to the Constitution.

It will be interesting to see how all these many Southern Baptist bigots turn on a dime about what they've been preaching to their flock for generations, about their opinion of the false god of Mormon, and firing up the Evangelical base to turn out for Mittens. But Pastor Jeffress has certainly led the way of putting to the side his sacred values, in order to endorse partisan politics.

If it weren't for the potential catastrophe of another corporate oligarch in the Whitehouse, Pastor Jeffress, and the moral relativism of the right wing would be funny.

They are not Electing a Mormon God, just a Man who happens to be a Mormon. I am so touched about your concern on the matter.

To be fair, I wonder how many would actually vote for Jesus Christ if He was on the ballot.

They actually think they can. They think that Every Time the Church Challenges Government on issues of Conscience, that The Government has the Right to Threaten the Church with Revocation of Tax Exempt Status. Talk about Bullying, Extorting, Blackmailing, and Manipulating. Nobody does it like Government.

I wonder if big government supporters realize how violent they are, or if they care at all.

Protection of religious liberty is one thing. I'm an American too and I don't have to see and hear tales about your ancient superstition. I hope we're not finished until public displays of that crap are gone forever.

Cammmpbell has the illusion that we each need his permission to go out in Public. :cuckoo:

Ain't it the truth

“And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter " ~Thomas Jefferson~ Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823

LMAO!!

Last edited:
Wrong. Tax exempt organizations are prohibited from such activities.

Which, of course, is illegal and unconstitutional. "Congress shall make no law" means specifically that. Congress can't pass a law penalizing preachers for preaching. Period.

Except that it doesn't restrict the free exercise of religion. It removes a special preference in the law.

And this is inevitably how special privilege is used. We tend to see favored tax status as benign, but in reality it's a mechanism of control - as this story highlights.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how all these many Southern Baptist bigots turn on a dime about what they've been preaching to their flock for generations, about their opinion of the false god of Mormon, and firing up the Evangelical base to turn out for Mittens. But Pastor Jeffress has certainly led the way of putting to the side his sacred values, in order to endorse partisan politics.

If it weren't for the potential catastrophe of another corporate oligarch in the Whitehouse, Pastor Jeffress, and the moral relativism of the right wing would be funny.

They are not Electing a Mormon God, just a Man who happens to be a Mormon. I am so touched about your concern on the matter.

To be fair, I wonder how many would actually vote for Jesus Christ if He was on the ballot.

He would have been ridden out on a rail by the GOP. After all, he advocated feeding the poor, paying your taxes, and free healthcare.

Wrong Kingdom, my Friend.

He would have been ridden out on a rail by the GOP. After all, he advocated feeding the poor, paying your taxes, and free healthcare.

You really need to lay off the Kool-Aid. Run and play now, play time is over in 15 minutes.

I'm curious if anyone knows if this is the good pastor's bumper sticker?

dont-renig.jpg

Talk about asking to get your car vandalized...

Ain't it the truth

“And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter " ~Thomas Jefferson~ Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823

LMAO!!

And Global Warming, and the carbon-dioxide we exhale being labeled a pollutant, Or maybe, you might one day be struck in the ass by a Lightening bolt? You are with the "Mutant's for Evolution" Field Trip, right?

You all have no idea what you are talking about.

A 501(c) is a non-profit organization.

ANY non-profit organization is eligible for tax exempt status...religion has nothing to do with it.

The PASTOR can say whatever he wants.

The pastor is an employee of the 501(c)3...being an employee of a 501(c)3 does not negate the pastors 1st amendment right to expressing HIS PERSONAL OPINION.

It is ONLY a violation if the pastor makes "public statements of position (verbal or written) made on behalf of the organization in favor of or in opposition to any candidate for public office clearly violate the prohibition against political campaign activity."

Clearly he is making a statement on behalf of himself...not the organization.

Your personal bias against religion clouds your logic application of the law.

Take off your anti-religion blinders and look at the facts.

Link to the IRS statement ffrom which this information was gleaned...http://www.irs.gov/charities/charitable/article/0,,id=163395,00.html

Last edited:

WRONGO, Avatar.

501c3s that get involved in political campaigns lose their not-for profit status.

As well they should, I note.

Why is it so difficult for people, especially politicians, to understand "Congress shall make no law"?

You honestly think the government is entitled under the constitution to punish people with a tax because they support a certain politician?

It's not a punishment to take away a handout.

Except that it doesn't restrict the free exercise of religion. It removes a special preference in the law.

That "preference" exists because the First amendment forbids Congress from making any law to affect the free exercise of religion.

politicians cannot revoke your first amendment rights merely because you openly support another politician.

That's just not accurate. Congress has the power to make laws that can impact free exercise of religion.

That "preference" exists because the First amendment forbids Congress from making any law to affect the free exercise of religion.

politicians cannot revoke your first amendment rights merely because you openly support another politician.

They actually think they can. They think that Every Time the Church Challenges Government on issues of Conscience, that The Government has the Right to Threaten the Church with Revocation of Tax Exempt Status. Talk about Bullying, Extorting, Blackmailing, and Manipulating. Nobody does it like Government.

There is difference between taking a different stance on an issue (saying you feel policy X is immoral) and endorsing candidates for office.

WRONGO, Avatar.

501c3s that get involved in political campaigns lose their not-for profit status.

As well they should, I note.

Why is it so difficult for people, especially politicians, to understand "Congress shall make no law"?

You honestly think the government is entitled under the constitution to punish people with a tax because they support a certain politician?

It's not a punishment to take away a handout.

Not taking a person or organization's money is not a handout.

Forum List

Back