Pastor : I'll 'hold my nose,' vote for Mormon Romney

Remember that Pastor who supported Rick Perry a few months ago who started a bunch of media talk by calling Mormons a cult? Looks like he is voting for Romney now.

I thought it was interesting. Not sure if it's significant at all, but Interesting nonetheless.
I SO FAR have met only two republicans I discuss politics with who say Romney's religion matters a great deal. One is LDS, the other noted "my mother never would have, but I don't THINK his being a Mormon will stop me from voting for him".

Romney....

LOL...

HAHAHAHAH... We could save a lot of money by not having an election.

Romney....

LOL...

HAHAHAHAH... We could save a lot of money by not having an election.

Im sure Obama would like that. But unfortunately for him, we live in a Republic, not a dictatorship. So he's leaving next year.

The apparent inevitability that we'll be "offered" a choice between Romney and Obama (is that really a "choice"???) should provide ample proof that this shit is a rigged game. Wake up people.

Remember that Pastor who supported Rick Perry a few months ago who started a bunch of media talk by calling Mormons a cult? Looks like he is voting for Romney now.

I thought it was interesting. Not sure if it's significant at all, but Interesting nonetheless.
I SO FAR have met only two republicans I discuss politics with who say Romney's religion matters a great deal. One is LDS, the other noted "my mother never would have, but I don't THINK his being a Mormon will stop me from voting for him".

At least Romney isn't this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBTLnO7FQM8]Rick Santorum wants to fight 'The Dangers Of Contraception'; Birth control is "not okay" - YouTube[/ame]

Romney doesn't want to CONTROL what we do in our bedrooms--or believe that the "State" aka your next door neighbor via a state wide ballot can decide for you and your spouse if you use birth control contraceptives or not--LOL. Only Rick Santorum believes that.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/03/rick-santorum-birth-control-sodomy_n_1181291.html

Last edited:

I would say that if you have supporters using terms like "Holding my nose" to vote for him, that's not exactly a winning strategy, is it?

Do you think Obamsky's supporters are going to be holding their noses?

I, and the First Amendment, would disagree.

Wrong. Tax exempt organizations are prohibited from such activities.

Which, of course, is illegal and unconstitutional. "Congress shall make no law" means specifically that. Congress can't pass a law penalizing preachers for preaching. Period.

WRONGO, Avatar.

501c3s that get involved in political campaigns lose their not-for profit status.

As well they should, I note.

If he did this from the pew he needs to have his tax exempt status revoked.

I, and the First Amendment, would disagree.

I would agree with you there Avatar.

On the other hand, if he's preaching partisan politics from the pulpit, he's in violation of the spirit behind separation of church and state.

Any political discussions in the pews are of course protected.

Wrong. Tax exempt organizations are prohibited from such activities.

Which, of course, is illegal and unconstitutional. "Congress shall make no law" means specifically that. Congress can't pass a law penalizing preachers for preaching. Period.

WRONGO, Avatar.

501c3s that get involved in political campaigns lose their not-for profit status.

As well they should, I note.

It's not what Avatar knows that makes him dangerous. It's what he *thinks* he knows that isn't true that's the problem.

Last edited:

I would say that if you have supporters using terms like "Holding my nose" to vote for him, that's not exactly a winning strategy, is it?

Some of us will be, I assure you.

Our presidential elections have been all about the lesser of two evils since at least the 60's.

Our presidential elections have been all about the lesser of two evils since at least the 60's.

i didn't vote the lesser of two evils when I voted for Clinton.... either one. And Obama wasn't my ideal candidate, but I didn't hesitate for a second to vote for him.

And we wonder why the country is in the shape it is in? When you have such little faith (either rightly or wrongly) in the person you're electing there isn't a need to pull that lever.

i didn't vote the lesser of two evils when I voted for Clinton.... either one. And Obama wasn't my ideal candidate, but I didn't hesitate for a second to vote for him.

Me neither. I'm still relatively impressed with the man, except for his leadership. He should be more willing to ask the people to build a wall of demonstration between our representatives and the lobbyists who hold their leashes.

Everyone not busy working should be occupying 'K' Street in D.C.

Forum List

Back