Pastor arrested for holding home Bible study

He filed and got approved of as a church. He then refused to apply for the permit to operate his church. He took the tax exemption but refused to apply for the permit.

And you cheer him on.

I don't get it.

I don't think I can approve of a law requiring a "permit to operate a church." But, that's your wording. The city sees it as a permit to operate a public accommodation. Because it's a church, they automatically treat it as a public place. But, he insists it's not a public place and the general public isn't invited. The city should treat it as a private non-profit organization. If the county doesn't give property tax exemptions for private non-profits, they should revoke his tax exempt status.

He filed and got approved of as a church. He then refused to apply for the permit to operate his church. He took the tax exemption but refused to apply for the permit.

And you cheer him on.

I don't get it.

I don't think I can approve of a law requiring a "permit to operate a church." But, that's your wording. The city sees it as a permit to operate a public accommodation. Because it's a church, they automatically treat it as a public place. But, he insists it's not a public place and the general public isn't invited. The city should treat it as a private non-profit organization. If the county doesn't give property tax exemptions for private non-profits, they should revoke his tax exempt status.
Yep.

Forum List

Back