Passion

Originally posted by jimnyc
Who's going to see it? Why is it so controversial?

it's so contraversial because it portray's the jews in a bad way that is historically inaccurate. It even has pilate seeming to be the good guy in all of this. There are just a lot of "creative liberties" taken by mel and the writers.

I'l probably wait till it comes out on dvd too.

Originally posted by deciophobic
it's so contraversial because it portray's the jews in a bad way that is historically inaccurate. It even has pilate seeming to be the good guy in all of this. There are just a lot of "creative liberties" taken by mel and the writers.

Who is to say what is "historically accurate"? Is there anyone alive to tell the tales?

Who is to say what is "historically accurate"? Is there anyone alive to tell the tales?

are you kidding me? Pilate in NO WAY was a good guy or sympethetic towards anyone, yet they make him look like a good guy in this movie.

There are these people called biblical scholars who devote their lives to this kinda thing.

are you kidding me? Pilate in NO WAY was a good guy or sympethetic towards anyone, yet they make him look like a good guy in this movie.

There are these people called biblical scholars who devote their lives to this kinda thing.

How do you know this to be fact? Many have in fact stated they thought this film was accurate. Nobody I know can speak these events first hand. I believe I read a Cardinal or the Pope has viewed this film and found it to be accurate. Who's to say who is wrong or right?

How do you know this to be fact? Many have in fact stated they thought this film was accurate. Nobody I know can speak these events first hand. I believe I read a Cardinal or the Pope has viewed this film and found it to be accurate. Who's to say who is wrong or right?

The roman catholic church even said the portrayal of jews being responsible for jesus' death is inaccurate.

Do you think there was nothing but the bible written about pilate and his life. He was a very important figure in history.

If you haven't seen it, how can you make any factual comments about it? That doesn't make sense.

Originally posted by Moi
If you haven't seen it, how can you make any factual comments about it? That doesn't make sense.

from people who have seen it.

I hope to see it. Ash Wednesday is a good release day. I'm not a very religious person, but they say that after watching, you will be. I think the Jews' complaints will backfire. Most people don't like to be told what they can and can't watch.

History can and will be told differently, depending on who is telling the tale. There is no way of knowing for sure what is true and what is not.

The pope has indeed stated it is accurate and at the same time local nuns have stated it is not.

History is based upon the point of view of the teller. Read history books from various countries and you will see and understand.

The controversy is quite a laugh. I am reading endless articals on it, seeing it flash up on the television all the time and read it on the internet as well as discuss it here. Reporters are telling people not to see it and explain why you should not see it. Yet as bad as it is according to them, they seem to be spending a considerable amount of time on it.

It has struck a nerve somewhere and I dont know where. I have not seen it.

At any rate I say more power to Mel Gibson. He has angered the powers that be. Those folks that decide what is good and what is bad are held like puppets in Mels hands.

I plan to see it. I would probibly see it anyway at some point in video but now I will see it in the theatre. Why? Because I have to see what all the fuss is and see why I am told not to see it - and of course I am seeing it because I am told not to.

It must be a great movie or no one would waste their time with it. Many movies have come out over the years, historical or otherwise and if the movie was bad it came and went.

To add - it is taking away from the other movies - whatever movies they are...probibly another horrible Ben Affleck movie, another failed Jennifer Aniston flick and many more waste of time and money pictures. They have spend millions are advertising only to be shoved to the wayside like yesturdays trash in wave of Mels movie.

He has the power now.

Originally posted by winston churchi
History can and will be told differently, depending on who is telling the tale. There is no way of knowing for sure what is true and what is not.

The pope has indeed stated it is accurate and at the same time local nuns have stated it is not.

That's exactly what I was saying, thank you.

PETA to Use Movie About Christ's Death for Vegetarian Pitch
By David Thibault
CNSNews.com Managing Editor
February 24, 2004

(CNSNews.com) - America's most aggressive animal rights organization plans to use Wednesday's premiere of the Mel Gibson-produced "The Passion of the Christ" to urge movie-goers to stop eating meat.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) will stage its own mini-dramas outside movie theaters in New York City, Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Seattle, Stamford, Conn., and Lynchburg, Va. Wednesday, complete with characters imitating Jesus and urging people to try vegetarian or vegan diets.

The PETA actor playing Christ in New York City will stand on stilts in order to "rise above the crowd," according to a press release issued by the group Tuesday afternoon.

"Our goal is to point out to people, especially people who are trying to lead more merciful and compassionate lives that we have an opportunity to live our faith every time we sit down to eat, simply by refusing to pay other people to put animals through the torment and agony of factory farms and slaughterhouses," Bruce Friedrich, director of vegan campaigns for PETA, told CNSNews.com.
link to remaining article

What a bunch of leeches. PETA always has to piggyback on someone's public gatherings to even try to put their message out.

Forum List

Back