Passion of the Christ: Most Beautiful Love Story of all time

What did YOU think of the Passion of the Christ?

• Amazing movie, loved it

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Did not understand it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hated it

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mel should have won an emmy, Hollywood stinks

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Waiting for the next Gibson movie like it

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
OK, JB, for starters, prophesy. Tell us the future, something unlikely to happen, in fact even contradictory, and then show us how it is fulfilled perfectly.

It is written,. 'do not test the LORD your god'. It is not Man's place to know my will, nor waoman's to speak in place of a Man. These things I have revealed to you in the past through my prophets, yet you reject my word and turn from your god to follow the large and winding path, following the evil one to damnation.

Then write us a book through many authors over centuries

This I have done yet your eyes are blinded by sin and you cannot see.

Then have a relationship with me.

I cannot and will not remain in the presence of sin. only when you have followed the laws I have given you through my prophets and cleansed yourself will you begin to see. Only after your trials have ended and you have shown yourself worthy will I reveal to you the message I am ready to bestow. You are like Job, and this is but one of many trials you must pass.

Then after all that, volunteer to be beaten, spit upon, crucified and after you die, rise again, demonstrating to all of heaven that you are a just god, willing to pay the penalty for my sins.

Who are you to make demands of the LORD? Do you sit upon the heavenly throne? Do you stand surrounded by angels of the LORD? Who are you, that your heart is so proud? So long as such pride blinds you, I do not know you and you shall not know me.

Asking you to prophesy is not testing God, it's testing you, as God told us to.

(mark that an F as in FAILED)

JB: This I have done yet your eyes are blinded by sin and you cannot see.

No, I never opened the cover of Penthouse to look...oh wait, you're not old enough, right?

JB wrote: "I cannot and will not remain in the presence of sin. only when you have followed the laws I have given you through my prophets and cleansed yourself will you begin to see. Only after your trials have ended and you have shown yourself worthy will I reveal to you the message I am ready to bestow. You are like Job, and this is but one of many trials you must pass."

Clever. But I think you accidentally started to mimick Islam's god. So thanks but I"ll pass :)

JB wrote: "Who are you to make demands of the LORD? Do you sit upon the heavenly throne? Do you stand surrounded by angels of the LORD? Who are you, that your heart is so proud? So long as such pride blinds you, I do not know you and you shall not know me."

I am a Christian. I belong to Christ. Daughter of the King as are all my sisters. Though you are clearly not a god, you pretend to be your own god.

Good luck with that when you hit a crisis in your life, when you get that 12 midnight knock on the door with bad news or the doctor gets the latest results of you or anyone that matters to you.

Or when you face the Creator of the universe and the accuser reminds Him of all that has been said and done.

I sincerely hope you think again before those times come. They happen to all of us, the rain falls on the just and unjust. It's just that some of us know from where our help comes.

But you, JB, I'm sure you can handle everything all on your own. Yep, good luck with that.

Yeah. All those early Christians being fed to the lions were Catholics.
:cuckoo:

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised about your ignorance of Christianity. But this is simply stupid beyond belief. After the development of orthodox Christianity, and aside from the split with the Greek Orthodox Church, what other major branch existed prior to the development of Protestantism that mirrored the sectarian differences within Christianity today? :rolleyes:
Bubbles belongs to a Baptist cult that thinks they predate Roman Catholicism even though there is no evidence whatsoever to back up their claim.

Any non-Catholic born again Christian is going to deny the claims of the Catholic Church because claiming a monopoly of Christ is flawed on its face.

The Catholics can point at Peter and claim the laying of hands throughout time, but adding requirements and manmade constraints was one of Jesus' main complaints about the Pharisees, it's the nature of man to try to take what God said and add his own signature.

It looks like the title of Pope surfaced around the 3rd century which is where I would guess I'd personally have objections, as soon as positions of power like that became established, and added traditions and requirements to what Christ said, and the canonization of "saints" when all believers were said to be "saints" originally...that kind of seeking of distinction was exactly what Christ strived to avoid.

So it makes sense to me that Christians contend with the statement that Catholics own the religion. They don't. To many, organized "Catholicism" is just a lot of added requirements that ought not be there. I'm just grateful that God is the judge of whose heart sought Him and whose didn't, and somehow through the ages so many of the letters that now comprise the New Testament were preserved.

I can't take the poll! Snuff film was left out of the options.

I might be religious but I don't need to see hunks of flesh being torn out of a mans back and flying across the screen to feel something about Jesus and the suffering he went through.

I can't take the poll! Snuff film was left out of the options.

I might be religious but I don't need to see hunks of flesh being torn out of a mans back and flying across the screen to feel something about Jesus and the suffering he went through.

Hey BrokenAngel, good to meet you

I know the feeling :eusa_angel:

goth.jpg

Forum List

Back