Passion of the Christ: Most Beautiful Love Story of all time

What did YOU think of the Passion of the Christ?

• Amazing movie, loved it

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Did not understand it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hated it

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mel should have won an emmy, Hollywood stinks

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Waiting for the next Gibson movie like it

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

JenT

God lead our troops
Jul 3, 2009
West of the Rockies
Did anyone else get blown away by this film?

THE PASSION OF CHRIST

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd-GXzReZuc]YouTube - The Passion Of The Christ Trailer[/ame]

Most Beautiful Love Story of All Time

I left the theater stunned, unable to express my emotions. When I got home, my son kept asking me, "Was it gory mom?" No it wasn't, and yes, it was. Somehow Mel Gibson made the most beautiful movie of all time, and I had seen violence, but it was NOT "gory." I had never experienced anything like this before, and I was saddened that my 11 year old son missed the opportunity to witness as close as one could today, the greatest event of all time.

It's still hard for me to put on paper.

I have read in the Bible that God loves me so much that He gave His only begotten Son, but I never experienced it like this. I never considered the determination, the PASSION, of every step to the cross that Jesus took for you and me. For you and me. For you and me.

I have had many romances in my life. I have many amazing memories of what this world has to offer. But NOTHING even comes close to comparison of the passion that Jesus Christ has for you and me. Nothing. And when I saw that on the screen last night, displayed in full color... even though it's only in a movie theater and NOTHING compared to the reality of what Christ went through, it focused my attention on what Jesus did dramatically, and I was able to better receive and understand the PASSION that God has for us all.

I started to tell my son that "Mel Gibson made the most amazing movie of all time" but I stopped. No one man could make a movie like that. God was all over and through that movie. The heart of God reached out and touched me, and yes, my 11 year old son WILL see it. It is the most beautiful love story of all time and he would be deprived not to.

I don't know how an unbeliever or someone without a relationship with God (by their choice) would see it, but we took a 14 year old boy who knew NOTHING about Jesus, and what started out as a silent drive home afterwards turned into an explosion of questions. This "cool" high school kid loved the movie. It touched him. It touched all of us. Big time.

For the first time I came home and didn't check my emails, didn't turn on the news, I didn't want to do anything to distract the feeling of God's message that resounded through my heart and mind so completely. God loves me. God loves you. Christ died for you.

See the movie. If you can grasp even a glimmer of the equation that what He did, laying His life down and picking it up again, that you could be reconciled with Him...that every lash was meant for us on judgement day...but He took the heat willingly for you, if you can grasp that, it will rock your world.

HA! yea.. the Marquis de Sade gives it 5 stars.

sheesh... If I slap a jesus sticker on a turd you people will insist that it's the greatest form of fecal matter ever pooped.

THE PASSION OF CHRIST

YouTube - The Passion Of The Christ Trailer

I left the theater stunned, unable to express my emotions. When I got home, my son kept asking me, "Was it gory mom?" No it wasn't, and yes, it was. Somehow Mel Gibson made the most beautiful movie of all time, and I had seen violence, but it was NOT "gory." I had never experienced anything like this before, and I was saddened that my 11 year old son missed the opportunity to witness as close as one could today, the greatest event of all time.

I have read in the Bible that God loves me so much that He gave His only begotten Son, but I never experienced it like this. I never considered the determination, the PASSION, of every step to the cross that Jesus took for you and me. For you and me. For you and me.

I have had many romances in my life. I have many amazing memories of what this world has to offer. But NOTHING even comes close to comparison of the passion that Jesus Christ has for you and me. Nothing. And when I saw that on the screen last night, displayed in full color... even though it's only in a movie theater and NOTHING compared to the reality of what Christ went through, it focused my attention on what Jesus did dramatically, and I was able to better receive and understand the PASSION that God has for us all.

I started to tell my son that "Mel Gibson made the most amazing movie of all time" but I stopped. No one man could make a movie like that. God was all over and through that movie. The heart of God reached out and touched me, and yes, my 11 year old son WILL see it. It is the most beautiful love story of all time and he would be deprived not to.

I don't know how an unbeliever or someone without a relationship with God (by their choice) would see it, but we took a 14 year old boy who knew NOTHING about Jesus, and what started out as a silent drive home afterwards turned into an explosion of questions. This "cool" high school kid loved the movie. It touched him. It touched all of us. Big time.

For the first time I came home and didn't check my emails, didn't turn on the news, I didn't want to do anything to distract the feeling of God's message that resounded through my heart and mind so completely. God loves me. God loves you. Christ died for you.

See the movie. If you can grasp even a glimmer of the equation that what He did, laying His life down and picking it up again, that you could be reconciled with Him...that every lash was meant for us on judgement day...but He took the heat willingly for you, if you can grasp that, it will rock your world.

Oh good grief.. I didn't see it that way at all. He told the story but added a whole lot of blood and guts so that it would make money. The movie was an impossible train wreck, depressing and gory, it was not intended to draw people to the Lord as the original story was.

feel free. You'd not be the first dogma junkie to leap onto a high horse about things like heliocentism and gravity....

I saw the movie. I liked a good portion of the movie but felt in places it was a bit over the top. It truly did have me thinking about various things I hadn't given thought to before.

I see you've awakened the normal bashers! Hi guys and girls.

THE PASSION OF CHRIST

YouTube - The Passion Of The Christ Trailer

Oh good grief.. I didn't see it that way at all. He told the story but added a whole lot of blood and guts so that it would make money. The movie was an impossible train wreck, depressing and gory, it was not intended to draw people to the Lord as the original story was.

Hey Sarah! Good to see you again!

I don't think Mel added blood at all, in fact Mel had a hard time depicting how extensively Jesus was beaten and scourged. The Bible said He didn't even look human it was so bad. That's why even though it was just a movie, it represented in a small way the unbelievable brutality He overcame for us.

I think that's why those that loved it, LOVED it, and those that hate it really HATED it (and probably some that enjoyed it for twisted reasons to boot) I think it all depended on if you could see that with every step He took toward the Cross, it was an absolute sacrifice for the passion He has for each one of us.

Jen,

You are a beautiful person, and you and I, among fortunately most people in my life are truly blessed with your sort of wisdom.

The intensity of this movie deals with sacrifice at a time where capital punishment was rarely arbitrated before imposed. There are people historically, and in our lifetime that have come close to this, to the benefit of countless people. This sort of blind faith is perhaps the only thing that has ensured our existence as decent, loving people. That has endured as the only true obsticle to our self-destruction. No matter who is running the show, the truth always prevails, and those who make a mockery of faith, are simply subjecting themselves and their lives with their own ignorance, selfishness and self-empowered shallow existence.

Anne Marie

feel free. You'd not be the first dogma junkie to leap onto a high horse about things like heliocentism and gravity....

you posted what you posted and then accuse me of being on a high horse because I feel sorry for anyone that equates the one with the other?

My empathy is sincere, and I have nothing to be on a high horse about. I just think you're missing out on the most amazing aspect of life on this planet that there is.

If you found something in life that rocked your whole world, someOne that...I tried, I can't even put it into words...and somebody else equated that to fecal matter, would you not be sad that they missed it?

I am, but, I didn't mean it as an insult. Take care :)

I loved the movie however, I admit I had to close my eyes when Christ was nailed to the cross. Call it a weak stomach.

Heres the think, you silly dogma junkies... Torture and crucifixion wasn't invented during stone age rome. I have no doubt that the man was beaten all to hell. But, it's not as if his treatment was THE WORST to have happened to a human being during the timespan of the planet. I guarantee that WORSE deaths happened at the hand of the Inquisition than happened to Jesus even if the most exaggerated story is believed. So, it's not like he did anything that more profound than share the experience of being killed. In fact, the entire premise of the movie hits on a greater criticism I have of you dogma junkies: Your martyr complex. That movie touched you because you will always feel like the eternal victim being tormented by those of this world while you try to deny that you are a part of it. As if Shadrak, Mishak, Abendigo, Daniel and Jebus make a personal distinction when NONE of you have EVER even REMOTELY understood the persecution of their stories. To be honest, it's this very personal segregation that cripples your ability to express what the MORE IMPORTANT message of jebus was: Salvation through Love rather than validation through mortification. It's pretty much what makes you the pharisee of your particular brand of faith and why it's so funny to see people call over themselves about the kind of torturefest movie that Saw could look up to. The Passion wasn't a great movie and it sure as hell didn't convey the type of message that your saviour would have wanted. Hell, look at the giant chasm that separates those who love it from those who are not that impressed. WWJD? Not write a screenplay like the Passion of the Christ.

you posted what you posted and then accuse me of being on a high horse because I feel sorry for anyone that equates the one with the other?

My empathy is sincere, and I have nothing to be on a high horse about. I just think you're missing out on the most amazing aspect of life on this planet that there is.

If you found something in life that rocked your whole world, someOne that...I tried, I can't even put it into words...and somebody else equated that to fecal matter, would you not be sad that they missed it?

I am, but, I didn't mean it as an insult. Take care :)

Listen, you won't be the first BELIEVER to throw their faith at something ridiculous. The entire Greek Pantheon waves at people like you. If you think it's the greatest thing in the world then so be it.. But, to me, your pity is like a chair loving amputee feeling sorry for my ability to stand.

But I will keep from trying to hit so hard with my criticism.

Heres the think, you silly dogma junkies... Torture and crucifixion wasn't invented during stone age rome. I have no doubt that the man was beaten all to hell. But, it's not as if his treatment was THE WORST to have happened to a human being during the timespan of the planet. I guarantee that WORSE deaths happened at the hand of the Inquisition than happened to Jesus even if the most exaggerated story is believed. So, it's not like he did anything that more profound than share the experience of being killed. In fact, the entire premise of the movie hits on a greater criticism I have of you dogma junkies: Your martyr complex. That movie touched you because you will always feel like the eternal victim being tormented by those of this world while you try to deny that you are a part of it. As if Shadrak, Mishak, Abendigo, Daniel and Jebus make a personal distinction when NONE of you have EVER even REMOTELY understood the persecution of their stories. To be honest, it's this very personal segregation that cripples your ability to express what the MORE IMPORTANT message of jebus was: Salvation through Love rather than validation through mortification. It's pretty much what makes you the pharisee of your particular brand of faith and why it's so funny to see people call over themselves about the kind of torturefest movie that Saw could look up to. The Passion wasn't a great movie and it sure as hell didn't convey the type of message that your saviour would have wanted. Hell, look at the giant chasm that separates those who love it from those who are not that impressed. WWJD? Not write a screenplay like the Passion of the Christ.
ahh shut up leg humper :lol:

I did find the movie eye-opening to what Jesus actually encountered for us believers. The part I found a little over the top was how they portrayed the devil. I didn't think those scenes did anything good for the movie and that's the part I thought was a bit over the top. The treatment they gave Jesus was indeed brutal and even as vivid as the movie portrayed that part of it, the real suffering He encountered could never be matched on screen.

the real suffering He encountered could never be matched on screen.

perhaps.. but it CAN, and HAS been matched in real life by people who don't claim to be the son of a god. as if THAT is unique.

ahh shut up leg humper :lol:

hehehe...

:eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back