Passengers (2016 film)

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie
I finally saw this movie after high praise from two of my good friends. I thought the movie looked a bit hokey when I saw the trailer last year, but I was wrong. The special effects in this movie are some of the best I've seen in a sci-fi movie in a long time. If you haven't seen the trailers for this film or don't remember the trailers, don't watch them before watching the movie. They spoil just about everything except a few key things.

Luckily, I didn't even remember what was in the trailers since I hadn't watched them since last year, so I had forgotten most of what I saw in them.

The first hour is a lot of character development, but it's still very cool and fun to watch. A little after the first hour, the movie really picks up and then goes full speed to the end.

The acting is a lot better than I anticipated too. Jennifer Lawrence is kind of hit or miss for me. I liked her in Silver Linings Playbook, but I didn't care for her too much in the X-Men films. For the first 50 minutes or so of this film, I was worried that she was going to deliver a similar, flat performance. But she really did a good job in this film, IMO.

Chris Pratt was great as well. In fact, I think he did a better job than Jennifer Lawrence, but I had kind of low expectations for Jennifer Lawrence's acting going into this film, which is why I think she did a very good job by exceeding those low expectations.

Also, the music is easily a 10/10 for me. I like these kinds of symphonic scores in sci-fi movies. The special effects and music made me increase my score for this film. Without them, I'd probably give it an 8/10, but I'm going to give it a 9/10.

I know some of the YouTube reviews have been mixed about the film. I can totally understand why some people would not like this film, but I found it very interesting and couldn't stop watching.

Without spoiling anything, if you weren't bothered by Star Wars: The Force Awakens borrowing heavily from past Star Wars films (Passengers is nothing like Star Wars films), then you might like this movie. I also found out after the fact that this movie was directed by the same guy who directed The Imitation Game, which is another movie I like a lot.

It does borrow heavily from a lot of famous movies, but, for me at least, the take on these types of movies was unique enough for me to like it.

The movie currently has a 31% on Rotten Tomatoes, and I definitely don't agree with that. But to each their own.

Last edited:
Looks interesting though.

Two people wake out of hypersleep and have to live their lives alone together to fix the ship. Then they will die.

Realistic enough.

Shades of Alien too (the original first one).

Movie worth seeing. It exposed human nature for what it really is.......selfish! If sex roles were reversed and the woman had to select a man to wake up, it would've still had the same outcome.......that being, no one can survive alone.

Odd...I thought I reviewed this film already here...but don't see it...so ...
I give it 3.5 stars...which is worth the $4.99 rent. It is entertaining and holds your interest.
I also thought Jessica Lawrence did a good job....and, as always, the fact she is smoking hot is nice also....but she is soooo much prettier as a brunette.

I finally saw this movie after high praise from two of my good friends. I thought the movie looked a bit hokey when I saw the trailer last year, but I was wrong. The special effects in this movie are some of the best I've seen in a sci-fi movie in a long time. If you haven't seen the trailers for this film or don't remember the trailers, don't watch them before watching the movie. They spoil just about everything except a few key things.

Luckily, I didn't even remember what was in the trailers since I hadn't watched them since last year, so I had forgotten most of what I saw in them.

The first hour is a lot of character development, but it's still very cool and fun to watch. A little after the first hour, the movie really picks up and then goes full speed to the end.

The acting is a lot better than I anticipated too. Jennifer Lawrence is kind of hit or miss for me. I liked her in Silver Linings Playbook, but I didn't care for her too much in the X-Men films. For the first 50 minutes or so of this film, I was worried that she was going to deliver a similar, flat performance. But she really did a good job in this film, IMO.

Chris Pratt was great as well. In fact, I think he did a better job than Jennifer Lawrence, but I had kind of low expectations for Jennifer Lawrence's acting going into this film, which is why I think she did a very good job by exceeding those low expectations.

Also, the music is easily a 10/10 for me. I like these kinds of symphonic scores in sci-fi movies. The special effects and music made me increase my score for this film. Without them, I'd probably give it an 8/10, but I'm going to give it a 9/10.

I know some of the YouTube reviews have been mixed about the film. I can totally understand why some people would not like this film, but I found it very interesting and couldn't stop watching.

Without spoiling anything, if you weren't bothered by Star Wars: The Force Awakens borrowing heavily from past Star Wars films (Passengers is nothing like Star Wars films), then you might like this movie. I also found out after the fact that this movie was directed by the same guy who directed The Imitation Game, which is another movie I like a lot.

It does borrow heavily from a lot of famous movies, but, for me at least, the take on these types of movies was unique enough for me to like it.

The movie currently has a 31% on Rotten Tomatoes, and I definitely don't agree with that. But to each their own.
AsianTrumpSupporter I saw Passengers on display at Walmart and bought it.

Great movie !!

Watched it 3 times already.

Apparently the mechanic/repairman was on the Computer's list in case of emergency. So was the Old Steward. Supposedly the two of them could have fixed the ship. But the old man died suddenly.

Odd...I thought I reviewed this film already here...but don't see it...so ...
I give it 3.5 stars...which is worth the $4.99 rent. It is entertaining and holds your interest.
I also thought Jessica Lawrence did a good job....and, as always, the fact she is smoking hot is nice also....but she is soooo much prettier as a brunette.

I don't find Jennifer Lawrence that hot, tbqh. Yes, she has an amazing body, but she's kind of a butterface, IMO.

Forum List

Back