pass that joint my friend

I am wondering what industries you think legal pot will completely ruin. Save for maybe the one that makes it's living off of selling people prescription drugs for depression I can't think of another.

Industrial hemp on the other hand threatens many industries, from Paper, to oil.

Well, yes, the pharma's would suffer. But If marijuana was legalized, then there wouldn't be a barrier in place any longer keeping hemp back. I'm not quite sure you could continue to keep hemp illegal, while sticky buds are being sold down at Piggly Wiggly.

Well, yes, the pharma's would suffer. But If marijuana was legalized, then there wouldn't be a barrier in place any longer keeping hemp back. I'm not quite sure you could continue to keep hemp illegal, while sticky buds are being sold down at Piggly Wiggly.

point taken, so the real threat then comes from Hemp as I thought.

But that tax money apparently isn't quite as enticing as that bribe, err, kickback money the politicians get from big business for not allowing something such as legalized marijuana to completely ruin their entire industries.
:eusa_shhh:

:D

I believe that to be mainly true. I also think the intelligence community's black ops bank accounts would take a hit as well.

A HIT ?? How about a knock-out blow ??---about time someone figured out where all the money laundering is done. And you know who else is scared of it being legal ?? Big Booze.

point taken, so the real threat then comes from Hemp as I thought.

I'm waiting for response. It's the beginning of several I intend to do.

You should go here...

Jack Herer - Chapters

A Conspiracy to Wipe Out the Natural Competition

In the mid-1930s, when the new mechanical hemp fiber stripping machines and machines to conserve hemp’s high-cellulose pulp finally became state-of-the art, available and affordable, the enormous timber acreage and businesses of the Hearst Paper Manufacturing Division, Kimberly Clark (USA), St. Regis - and virtually all other timber, paper and large newspaper holding companies, stood to lose billions of dollars and perhaps go bankrupt.

Coincidentally, in 1937, DuPont had just patented processes for making plastics from oil and coal, as well as a new sulfate/sulfite process for making paper from wood pulp. According to DuPont’s own corporate records and historians,* these processes accounted for over 80 percent of all the company’s railroad car loadings over the next 60 years into the 1990s.

*Author’s research and communications with DuPont, 1985-1996.

If hemp had not been made illegal, 80% of DuPont’s business would never have materialized and the great majority of the pollution which has poisoned our Northwestern and Southeastern rivers would not have occurred.

In an open marketplace, hemp would have saved the majority of America’s vital family farms and would probably have boosted their numbers, despite the Great Depression of the 1930s.

But competing against environmentally-sane hemp paper and natural plastic technology would have jeopardized the lucrative financial schemes of Hearst, DuPont and DuPont’s chief financial backer, Andrew Mellon of the Mellon Bank of Pittsburgh.

A HIT ?? How about a knock-out blow ??---about time someone figured out where all the money laundering is done. And you know who else is scared of it being legal ?? Big Booze.

Well, you know, around here sometimes you have to be subtle about some things or else people start handing out tin foil hats.

But I wouldn't say "ALL" the money laundering, though. You can damn well bet your ass there are other avenues.

I could see how big booze would be afraid. Maybe not as afraid as BIg Oil, Big Cotton, Big Petrochemical...but they have vested interest as well. Smokers are going to get their weed whether it's legal or not, but when it gets "dry" I imagine booze is the next best thing. So I'm sure with constant supply of buds on the legal market, big booze would take a decent hit from the smokers who would rather just smoke then substitute alcohol for their otherwise temporary lack of bone.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back