Pass interference now reviewable. NFL banning blindside blocks

ENOUGH!

Here is what I think they should do with the officiating in the NFL:

Get rid of any control the coaches or players have over reviews: Have a referee called the video judge in NY or at the Stadium in the booth watch the game. If they see an egregious no-call or fumble or bobbled catch or in/out of bounds questionable call IN A CRUCIAL SITUATION, then they can call down to the field and reverse the call, award a penalty or whatever. Make everything up for review. But have it done at a time that matters as to the outcome of the game. The roughing the passer call on 1st down in the first quarter? No. Roughing the passer call on 3rd down in the 2nd quarter? More important. But it has to be a clear cut situation. As with all ref calls, this will be a judgment of the referee. The human element is what it is and trying to eliminate it has caused almost as many problems as it has resolved in my view.

All replays need a hard time limit of one minute. If it takes you longer than a minute, then it obviously is not CLEAR and CONVINCING that an infraction occurred. It's even worse in baseball where they will spend 5 minutes going frame by frame on a tag play at second base trying to determine if the shortstop's glove grazed the runner's left shoe lace.

Just change the rules to flag football, and then let everyone play at least one play and handout participation trophy’s.

Close games can go either way. A blown call. A good bounce of the ball. A stupid penalty. And one more intangible....a little luck. The last Super Bowl was the Rams and Patriots. That easily could have been the Saints and Chiefs. We only remember the winners. Not how they won unless you are a fan of a team that lost and was involved in the final result. Maybe the field has to change. The grass a little higher would that slow the players a bit and cut down on injuries also?

They really need to get rid of reviews and reversals of calls. Takes too much time. Let the referee make the best call he can and move it to the end. If the call is wrong, people will get over it, its a kid's game.

The WWE has never had both reviews of 3 counts and is doing fine.

They really need to get rid of reviews and reversals of calls. Takes too much time. Let the referee make the best call he can and move it to the end. If the call is wrong, people will get over it, its a kid's game.

The WWE has never had both reviews of 3 counts and is doing fine.

WWE? I'm hoping that was a sarcastic comment. :lol:

I always find it funny when someone describes professional sports as "a kid's game." Is it kids who are playing, coaching, managing, owning the teams? Are the majority of fans kids or adults? If it is a kid's game, what is an adult's game?

ENOUGH!

Get rid of any control the coaches or players have over reviews: Have a referee called the video judge in NY or at the Stadium in the booth watch the game. If they see an egregious no-call or fumble or bobbled catch or in/out of bounds questionable call IN A CRUCIAL SITUATION, then they can call down to the field and reverse the call, award a penalty or whatever. Make everything up for review. But have it done at a time that matters as to the outcome of the game. The roughing the passer call on 1st down in the first quarter? No. Roughing the passer call on 3rd down in the 2nd quarter? More important. But it has to be a clear cut situation. As with all ref calls, this will be a judgment of the referee. The human element is what it is and trying to eliminate it has caused almost as many problems as it has resolved in my view.

I don't know if I like the idea of replay only being used "in a crucial situation" in a game. Any play could be crucial to the game. Replay is already limited to the booth in the last 2 minutes of the half, and that would generally be considered the most crucial times of a game, anyway.

ENOUGH!

I don't know if I like the idea of replay only being used "in a crucial situation" in a game. Any play could be crucial to the game. Replay is already limited to the booth in the last 2 minutes of the half, and that would generally be considered the most crucial times of a game, anyway.

Good point

The idea of what is crucial always puzzles me. A bad spot on a 3rd down usually means a punt. Had they made the first the game would be different.

Its like blaming the kicker who misses a field goal in the last seconds. If the offense had scored or or the defense had made a stop, the game wouldn't have been riding on that kick.

Forum List

Back