Party of No political ad.........

You know, my roomie and I were sitting around talking about the absolute iron will of the GOP to say "no" to anything Obama suggests, she came up with a political ad for the Democrats....

First, you show a short video clip of a young child (pre-teen) throwing a temper tantrum and yelling "no" at the top of their lungs.

Then, you show one of the GOP claiming their allegiance to being "the party of no".

Repeat above a few times for around 25 seconds.

Close on John Baynor, with a caption that reads "It's time to grow up, don't re-elect the party of no."

Actually, a portrayal of the GOP as the parent saying no to the kids (Democrats) that always want candy would be more accurate. We should be feeding our country things that are actually healthy for it. Although, I'm not that happy with the GOP either in this regard.

That means there's still 20% of the wealth that they don't have.

20% of all the wealth spread among 90% of American citizens... don't worry, they're working on it. They would love a return to the days of slave labor.

They?

Are you saying that the 50% of the people that support the other way of thinking are doing it becase they want 20% of them to have all the wealth?

You people are pathetic and closed minded.

GET A BETTER JOB AND STOP YOUR WHINING!

You know, my roomie and I were sitting around talking about the absolute iron will of the GOP to say "no" to anything Obama suggests, she came up with a political ad for the Democrats....

You and your roommate were just lounging around on a nice day, discussing "the absolute iron will of the GOP to say "no" to anything Obama suggests".

Now I know why Obama zombies are so obsessed with him. You folks have no life. Instead of sitting around, just shooting the breeze about "The GOP party of no", how about go out and get a job. Then you can talk about how your boss and the company paying you are going bankrupt because Obama is taxing them to death, and how you'll eventually be laid off to counter those taxes, and then you can be unemployed and return to your life of "...sitting around talking about the absolute iron will of the GOP to say "no" to anything Obama suggests".

Because thats what I did today. Yep. On our 15 minute break at work, I was hurried in trying to get a cup of coffee when a co-worker and I were just talking about how the Democrats are going to let the Bush tax cuts expire. And how that will affect the jobs of all the people we work with, when the company and CEO have to lay off workers to offset those increased taxes.

But then again, more layoffs means more unemployed. And more unemployed means more poor victims for Democrats to defend. And more victims to defend means more Democrats can blame Republicans, and thus, more things for you and your roomie to sit around pondering about.

Jarhead is one of those wealthy people who lives in a bubble.

Kinda like when Bush Jr. didn't realize that gas was 4 bucks a gallon........but, if you have everything paid for, you tend to ignore those who don't. Greed is like that.

Hey Jarhead, you probably think Sharon Angle is a viable candidate as well, right?

Standard of living has dropped?

YES. Can anyone support a family on one income anymore? Pay for college? Buy a house? Seriously, have you been living in a cave?

Collapse of the Standard of Living in the USA

Funny....On Wednesday you were talking about how with your 50K a year you have a great lifestyle... a large apartment, a washer in the builkdingt, an elevator, a short walk to mass transit....

Your grandparents would be ashamed of you if they knew you claimed that their standard of living was better than yours.

Are you saying that the 50% of the people that support the other way of thinking are doing it becase they want 20% of them to have all the wealth?
I'm referring to the 10% that hold 80% of the wealth.

A better job??? There are at LEAST 5 people vying for every job available and employers are paying the lowest wages ever because they can - people are desperate. My job is fine.

Kinda like when Bush Jr. didn't realize that gas was 4 bucks a gallon........but, if you have everything paid for, you tend to ignore those who don't. Greed is like that.

Hey Jarhead, you probably think Sharon Angle is a viable candidate as well, right?

Child....I told you, I do not debate children.

But I do not ignore them either.

I live in NY so I have little interest in her. I have no watched a single speech of hers and to be honest, I have no idea what her platform is.

COntreary to what you believe, I am not rich. My wife and I both work, I own a small business, we have an income of about 200K this year (based on what we earned so far)...made more in the recent past and a lot less years before.

I gambled my retirment in the market and lost...so I am rebuilding it. I will not gamble again.....conservastive investments this time.

I wonder if your mommy and daddy gambled theirs and lost like I did? Did they say they were victims? If they won the gamble would they give the money back becuase it was not theirs? I mean, afterall, if you are a victim when you lose, then you certainly can not be a victor when you win!

Funny....On Wednesday you were talking about how with your 50K a year you have a great lifestyle... a large apartment, a washer in the builkdingt, an elevator, a short walk to mass transit....

Your grandparents would be ashamed of you if they knew you claimed that their standard of living was better than yours.

1. I stated facts. Since when is stating facts whining? The OP contributed the declining standard of living on the deficit. I rebutted with what is really causing the decline.

2. Yes, I am doing just fine on 50K, but yes, my grandparents' standard of living was better... and they lived in Appalachia. My grandmother took care of 6 kids and they, while not rich by any means, built a house, ran a farm, & owned a car on one salary.

Last edited:
I'm referring to the 10% that hold 80% of the wealth.

A better job??? There are at LEAST 5 people vying for every job available and employers are paying the lowest wages ever because they can - people are desperate. My job is fine.

But at least 50% of the people believe the country is going in the wrong direction with Obama.....so are you saying that 80% of THOSE people want to do it fdifferently so the 10% can have all the wealth?

Or is it that you are completely skewed with your thinking and allowing jealousy to dictate your reasoning?

Last edited:

I live in NY so I have little interest in her. I have no watched a single speech of hers and to be honest, I have no idea what her platform is.

COntreary to what you believe, I am not rich. My wife and I both work, I own a small business, we have an income of about 200K this year (based on what we earned so far)...made more in the recent past and a lot less years before.

I gambled my retirment in the market and lost...so I am rebuilding it. I will not gamble again.....conservastive investments this time.

I wonder if your mommy and daddy gambled theirs and lost like I did? Did they say they were victims? If they won the gamble would they give the money back becuase it was not theirs? I mean, afterall, if you are a victim when you lose, then you certainly can not be a victor when you win!

Actually, no........my "daddy" didn't lose anything, he left my mother when I was one.

My "mommy" didn't lose anything, I was orphaned at 8 years old in '71.

My grandparents didn't lose anything, they died before the market crash.

I didn't lose anything, as my military retirement is a bit more stable than the stock market.

I live on much less than you do, and therefore walk in circles that you don't. Yes, the job market sucks and yes, people are out of work and desperately searching for anything.

Might wanna poke your head outta the bubble you've built for yourself. BTW......I've never earned more than 36,000/year in my life, the military doesn't pay that much.

Or is it that you are completely skewed with your thinking and allowing jealousy to dictate your reasoning?

Jealousy? Since when is posting a factual statistic jealousy? Do I think it's good for this country for so much wealth to be in so few hands? No, not at all, but I don't think that makes me "jealous". I do think it is bad for the country, though.

But at least 50% of the people believe the country is going in the wrong direction with Obama.....so are you saying that 40% of THOSE people want to do it fdifferently so the 10% can have all the wealth?

Personally, I think the majority of American people are hopelessly stupid. They have become fat, over-indulged, unintelligent, compulsive and impatient. They want everything NOW and CHEAP. I don't think most can objectively gauge the "way things are going", which explains the popularity of gasbag pundits on both sides. People who think for themselves generally don't listen to those buffoons and take their "opinion" as sacred reality.

Actually, no........my "daddy" didn't lose anything, he left my mother when I was one.

My "mommy" didn't lose anything, I was orphaned at 8 years old in '71.

My grandparents didn't lose anything, they died before the market crash.

I didn't lose anything, as my military retirement is a bit more stable than the stock market.

I live on much less than you do, and therefore walk in circles that you don't. Yes, the job market sucks and yes, people are out of work and desperately searching for anything.

Might wanna poke your head outta the bubble you've built for yourself. BTW......I've never earned more than 36,000/year in my life, the military doesn't pay that much.

Career military?

I offer my thanks.

I was destitute not long after my short military stint. I had a job and lost it. I had nothing. I started my own and I built it up. Maybe I was lucky, but I call it perserverance. I could have quit many times the first year as I made no money to speak of. Barley covered my costs....took very little to myself.

I know what it is like to be poor and I know what it is like to climb out of it.

I also know one thing FOR SURE....

If I took handouts I never would be where I am today. THAT I know as a fact.

You know, I've never drawn unemployment in my life, even though I was entitled to 6 months of it after I retired, because I'd always been able to find work. Minimum wage, but work nonetheless.

The stock market tanked because of deregulation from the last admin, and lots of people artificially inflated the market, and others believed them and invested, resulting in a severe wealth redistribution (remember the guy that made 4 BILLION in 1 year because he bet against it).

It never really affected me until gas went up to 4 bucks a gallon and my retirement/paycheck didn't.

I reduced costs (knowing the job market was going to tank), cut some of my extras and kept going.

You don't find jobs over 100,000/yr here in Amarillo without connections.

You know, I've never drawn unemployment in my life, even though I was entitled to 6 months of it after I retired, because I'd always been able to find work. Minimum wage, but work nonetheless.

The stock market tanked because of deregulation from the last admin, and lots of people artificially inflated the market, and others believed them and invested, resulting in a severe wealth redistribution (remember the guy that made 4 BILLION in 1 year because he bet against it).

It never really affected me until gas went up to 4 bucks a gallon and my retirement/paycheck didn't.

I reduced costs (knowing the job market was going to tank), cut some of my extras and kept going.

What kind of work were you doing?

Jealousy? Since when is posting a factual statistic jealousy? Do I think it's good for this country for so much wealth to be in so few hands? No, not at all, but I don't think that makes me "jealous". I do think it is bad for the country, though.

But at least 50% of the people believe the country is going in the wrong direction with Obama.....so are you saying that 40% of THOSE people want to do it fdifferently so the 10% can have all the wealth?

Personally, I think the majority of American people are hopelessly stupid. They have become fat, over-indulged, unintelligent, compulsive and impatient. They want everything NOW and CHEAP. I don't think most can objectively gauge the "way things are going", which explains the popularity of gasbag pundits on both sides. People who think for themselves generally don't listen to those buffoons and take their "opinion" as sacred reality.

We see things differently. I dont see Americans as stupid. I see Americans as Americans ahve always been. Creative and strong.

Since this recession hit, I have had many come to me asking me for ideas on how to better their situation. It is what I do for companies during the good times, so now I find myself doing it for people that come to me...for free.

I have watched many leave the unemployment lines to start their own over the past year. Some failed. Many succeeeded. How long will they succeed? The ones that are patient as I was will succeed for years to come.

What stopped many from trying? The FEAR of losing their unemployment. Yep.....the fear of losing their unemployment stopped them from trying to do it on their own.

In a way, I understand. It is a scary thing. But you see, if that carrot was not dangling there, they would have tried.

It is not that I want to see people suffer. Here in NYC I see it all the time and it is heartbraking.

But I know what I went through and how I overcame it. And I am confident that I would never have been where I am today if I took my mom up on her offer to allow me to move back in with her.

What stopped many from trying? The FEAR of losing their unemployment. Yep.....the fear of losing their unemployment stopped them from trying to do it on their own.

In a way, I understand. It is a scary thing. But you see, if that carrot was not dangling there, they would have tried.

It is not that I want to see people suffer. Here in NYC I see it all the time and it is heartbraking.

I live in NYC too, and I'm sure that you know that unemployment is far from a windfall. I don't think I could even keep my meager apartment if I lost my job had to rely on unemployment. I'm sorry, but many people would be starving and homeless through no fault of their own if unemployment didn't exist. And anyone who really wants to start a company will inevitably. Yes, I'm sure a few do it out of necessity, but what is it, 1/2 of all new businesses fail? Some folks just can't stomach that kind of risk. Some people just want their paycheck so that they can live their lives. And no, sadly, I don't consider Americans as a whole as bright nor creative. We used to be, but we no longer value education, and working hard now seems to take you nowhere. We've really messed things up.

Last edited:

First, you show a short video clip of a young child (pre-teen) throwing a temper tantrum and yelling "no" at the top of their lungs.

Then, you show one of the GOP claiming their allegiance to being "the party of no".

Repeat above a few times for around 25 seconds.

Close on John Baynor, with a caption that reads "It's time to grow up, don't re-elect the party of no."

It's good to have someone say NO to stupidity.

What kind of work were you doing?

Worked as a bartender at a biker bar. Tips were good and that is how I paid for my Harley (that and eating peanut butter and jelly for 9 months), but I was also still in the Navy when that happened. After I retired, kept the job until the owner got pissed that I was dating some chick that he used to like, I ended up leaving.

Found a job about a week later, working at a place called Milestone, which makes limestone type stone molds. Within a month I was made a department head of my own thing, crating and shipping out the stones. But, the boss was a full blown prick (I'd worked for several in the Navy and swore I'd never let someone in civilian life treat me like that), and after 3 months (3 months is a fair shake for any job), I went over to Dano (the guy that got me the job), told him how I felt and why and that I wanted to quit. He said I had every right because the dude was truly a prick, and so I quit. Interestingly enough, Dano quit about a month and a half later.

Worked as a short order cook for a burger bar (yet another biker bar, the bikers here really liked me) until the recession started to hit, and then I was let go.

Found another job as a short order cook grilling steaks at a strip club for about 7 months, but, yet again.......businesses had to cut back, and because I was the new guy, I was let go.

Yeah.......tell me again how people who really want to work can find jobs anywhere. I've been there and done that and it isn't as great as the rich people would like to say it is. Wanna know why? CEO's are trying to increase profits for the bottom line by cutting jobs.

After that? I decided that I could live on my pension (short rations to be sure, but liveable), and decided that the free time to come up with inventions and writing stories would be better for me.

My novel is titled "The Last Angel".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back