Partisanship is crazy. You can't possibly think Democrat or Republican on every issue

T-Bor

May 24, 2006
I mean seriously. It's like every single republican is agaisnt EVERY liberal idea and visa versa. It's so ridiculous. there is no way that you can possible be on the right or left side of EVERY SINGLE freaking issue. I'm democrat but I like some right wing ideas. I mean can the die hards on here possibly be against every liberal idea that comes there way? Even if it makes sense, your againt it just because the idea came from a lib. Same for the libs. It goes both way. People are people and the bipartisanship is ruining this country.

Mitt romney is no one to respect. neither is Obama. Romney made a living by destroying other companies how can one respect that? Obama hasn't done much either. But at least he's not a spoiled rich boy from childhood.

Of COURSE you can "think" Democrat or Republican on every issue. Or at least SAY you do. That's what partisan ideology is all about - picking a side and running with it, no matter what, no matter what contrary evidence is provided.

The tools of an obedient partisan ideologue? Spin, diversion, denial, distortion, deflection, hyperbole and outright lies. Whatever it takes.

Keep that mind closed, allow no light to get in, just keep pushing. Sure it's dishonest, but that's the way the game is played. Sadly.

I agree with the OP. sadly...I also agree with Mac....insofar as it's the way the game is played nowadays....especially on the GOP side of things. Dems tend to be all over the place....take myself as an example...I am pro-labor and for that reason, I support labor unions...to a point...I think there are situations where unions have ignored companies' fiscal problems to the detriment of both the Union's membership and the employer. Labor and management need to have a symbiotic relationship where both side's needs are addressed in a reasonable fashion. Both sides playing hardball is part of the cause of outsourcing and our manufacturing weaknesses....of course billionaires lobbying Congress for free trade agreements(that aren't really free), Congress bowing down to the billionaires for campaign donationand presidents from both sides(Clinton, GW, and the latest....Obama) signing that legislation into law for the same reasons as Congress share a huge percentage of the blame, but labor unions playing hardball and over-reaching didn't help.

Health Care.....I don't like the ACA as it is right now. It should have been a stronger law with a strong public option.yes, I know...it costs money. But if we are being forced to compete with slave labor countries with socialized medicine and free education for it's citizens....we have to either PAY our workforce living wages that people can raise their families on( direct cost to the employer), or socialize at the very least our health care system that low wage workers who bust their asses every day for the American equivalent of peanuts, does not have to bear the burden of a ridiculously overpriced, for profit health care system....unless you are OK with a continual death spiral of the American workforce and ushering in a brand new Robber-Baron era.

As far as personal sins....they are up to the sinner and God....I have enough of my own to deal with,
and have no room to force others to abide by sins that I don't like.

On the Conservative side, I am pro-gun....I am pro welfare reform...insofar as making both the system and the recipients of that system more accountable to the taxpayers....in fact, I'd like to see programs such as the CCC and WPA started back up so that recipients won't have to live with the stigma of being a welfare bum who gets something for nothing...and the taxpayers get a return on their investment if these folks.....also America wins, in that through public works projects, our infrastructure, which is in a severe state of decay, can be repaired and even made competitive with the rest of our global financial rivals.

So...there are some of us out there who aren't fucking robots...but unfortunately...independent thinking is frowned upon these days.

Actually guys, I think there's a fair representation of people here that take issue with BOTH parties....

...Most of you derisively call us 'Paulbots'... :cuckoo:

I mean seriously. It's like every single republican is agaisnt EVERY liberal idea and visa versa. It's so ridiculous. there is no way that you can possible be on the right or left side of EVERY SINGLE freaking issue. I'm democrat but I like some right wing ideas. I mean can the die hards on here possibly be against every liberal idea that comes there way? Even if it makes sense, your againt it just because the idea came from a lib. Same for the libs. It goes both way. People are people and the bipartisanship is ruining this country.

Mitt romney is no one to respect. neither is Obama. Romney made a living by destroying other companies how can one respect that? Obama hasn't done much either. But at least he's not a spoiled rich boy from childhood.

World-traveling, Hahhvud graduate Barry?
naah......

:lol:

Romney made his fortune saving failing companies. Why do you guys feel you need to lie about that? is there so little you can look at in his past to criticize?

Romney made his fortune saving failing companies. Why do you guys feel you need to lie about that? is there so little you can look at in his past to criticize?

No, Mitt Romney made his fortune by investing his money.

He's neither a demon nor an angel. He made money both saving and destroying companies.

I think the problem is they don't think "at all", they just rant, hell some of the stuff in the flame zone of any forum matches what they say perfectly.

Forum List

Back