Partisanship and kids' friends?

Caligirl, on a more personal note: You and I have completely opposite worldviews, but I would never interfere if your daughter and mine had a friendship.

If the girlfriend is just being fickle, your daughter might take a chance and call her as if nothing happened and see what happens. If there is still a problem, I would suspect the parents were behind the problem.

A fickle girl ??? Say it ain't so :lol:

Kids are just flighty. I seriously doubt that your political preference has anything to do with their falling out. And, if it truly doesn't have anything to do with it, then your contacting their parents may cause the very problem you're worried about.

Kids are cruel ESPECIALLY around the time of puberty.

The shunning game to establish social power especially with pubescant girls (boys tend to go more for physical intimidation) is standard operating procedure.

All you can do is love you child such that her sense of self worth will give her the fortitude to cope with the nasty games that she'll be encountering now and throughout her junior and high school years.

Seriously, what she is dealing with sounds totally normal to me, and I seriously doubt it has anything to do with any parental political world views.

Your daughter doesn't want you to do that? Your daughter doesn't want you to do that!? Who the bloody hell cares what your strumpeet of a daughter thinks, you stunned and disoriented kiwi-vole!

:lol:

I know, I am *such* a pushover. What is this world coming to when parents try to maintain trust with their children? :lol:

Last edited:
Caligirl, on a more personal note: You and I have completely opposite worldviews, but I would never interfere if your daughter and mine had a friendship.

If the girlfriend is just being fickle, your daughter might take a chance and call her as if nothing happened and see what happens. If there is still a problem, I would suspect the parents were behind the problem.

I doubt we're that far apart on our world views ;) especially since there is more to life than politics.

No it had nothing to do with politics, I suppose I felt that way because the whole gang was conservative and/or evangelical except for us... And this had been the first time we had met the parents.

Any rate, the unanimous "no it isn't that" was absolutely right, and I am glad to have had the feedback, THANKS all!

I doubt we're that far apart on our world views ;) especially since there is more to life than politics.

No it had nothing to do with politics, I suppose I felt that way because the whole gang was conservative and/or evangelical except for us... And this had been the first time we had met the parents.

Any rate, the unanimous "no it isn't that" was absolutely right, and I am glad to have had the feedback, THANKS all!

how about just a two week binge -----?

My son had a friend who was from a very right wing family during high school.

The kid was bright and him and my son would debate.

I always talk about politics to his friends too.

One time the friend asked me if I hated him because of his views and I told him "of course not".

He is still my sons friend and I see him quite often.

He is now a democrat and voted for Obama.

That is why they dont want your daughter to hang arround.

My son had a friend who was from a very right wing family during high school.

The kid was bright and him and my son would debate.

I always talk about politics to his friends too.

One time the friend asked me if I hated him because of his views and I told him "of course not".

He is still my sons friend and I see him quite often.

He is now a democrat and voted for Obama.

That is why they dont want your daughter to hang arround.

quit being an idiot and read her posts---it had nothing to do with politics

Your daughter doesn't want you to do that? Your daughter doesn't want you to do that!? Who the bloody hell cares what your strumpeet of a daughter thinks, you stunned and disoriented kiwi-vole!

I know, I am *such* a pushover. What is this world coming to when parents try to maintain trust with their children? :lol:
Do you want me to go further? I can.

:eusa_angel:
Well the mystery is at least partly solved - apparently the girl had not meant for my daughter to stay the night. She had planned a one-on-one sleepover with a friend she hadn't seen in a long time. The mom asked my daughter to stay, turning it into a 3-person sleepover - My daughter really wanted to stay, so I said sure why not, but the birthday girl felt jipped out of the one-on-one sleepover - And my daughter does tend to get a little rowdy when her routine is disrupted --- So it all sort of makes sense now.
I know all about teen daughters and their friends. I raised two girls

Bottom line. "Three" pre-teen or teenage girls CANNOT get along. Period

Two of them will "always" pair up and ostracise the the other one.

Later on the two who paired up as friends will have a falling out.

Then one of them will make friends with the ostracised girl

And now these two will be against the former friend.

It's like it is built into their girl DNA to act this way!!! :eusa_angel:

Do you want me to go further? I can.

Oooh baby, I'm tempted. <wicked>

Did you know I was a badger for a while? UW-Madison. Go Bucky!

:eusa_angel:
Well the mystery is at least partly solved - apparently the girl had not meant for my daughter to stay the night. She had planned a one-on-one sleepover with a friend she hadn't seen in a long time. The mom asked my daughter to stay, turning it into a 3-person sleepover - My daughter really wanted to stay, so I said sure why not, but the birthday girl felt jipped out of the one-on-one sleepover - And my daughter does tend to get a little rowdy when her routine is disrupted --- So it all sort of makes sense now.
I know all about teen daughters and their friends. I raised two girls

Bottom line. "Three" pre-teen or teenage girls CANNOT get along. Period

Two of them will "always" pair up and ostracise the the other one.

Later on the two who paired up as friends will have a falling out.

Then one of them will make friends with the ostracised girl

And now these two will be against the former friend.

It's like it is built into their girl DNA to act this way!!! :eusa_angel:

Well, yeah, having been a teen myself I know this, but thanks .... :)

I was a little worried about a threesome, and was very on the fence about it,. SInce the house is like just around the corner I figured we could be in touch if there were any problems. Like I said, pickup seemed quite good and happy, all the reports were good (from the girls as well as the dad) at pickup. Which was why the snubbing was weird. I guess the girl sort of fell apart afterwards.

According to psychologists who study group dynamics every threesome inevitably ends up a two on one social power structure.

IN adults the power games tend to be less obvious, of course, but they tend to exist, anyway.

New Topics

Forum List

Back