Partisan Senate report says Bin Laden was "within our grasp."

Yeah we had him within our grasp too under Clinton. I see this as another oppritunity to go after Bush. These rat fuckers won't stop until they are exposed for the frauds they are, or we see formal charges against Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld et., al...

Good Find!

AFP: Rumsfeld decision let Bin Laden escape: Senate report

Rumsfeld decision let Bin Laden escape: Senate report
(AFP) – 1 hour ago
WASHINGTON — Osama bin Laden was "within the grasp" of US forces in late 2001 but escaped because then-defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld rejected calls for reinforcements, a hard-hitting US Senate report says.
The report, set for release Monday, is intended to help learn the lessons of the past as President Barack Obama prepares to announce a major escalation of the conflict, now in its ninth year, with up to 35,000 more US troops.
It points the finger directly at Rumsfeld for turning down requests for reinforcements as Bin Laden was trapped in December 2001 in caves and tunnels in a mountainous area of eastern Afghanistan known as Tora Bora.
"The vast array of American military power, from sniper teams to the most mobile divisions of the marine corps and the army, was kept on the sidelines," the report says.
"Instead, the US command chose to rely on airstrikes and untrained Afghan militias to attack Bin Laden and on Pakistan's loosely organized Frontier Corps to seal his escape routes."
Entitled "Tora Bora revisited: how we failed to get Bin Laden and why it matters today," the report -- commissioned by Senator John Kerry, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee -- says Bin Laden expected to die and had even written a will.
"But the Al-Qaeda leader would live to fight another day. Fewer than 100 American commandos were on the scene with their Afghan allies and calls for reinforcements to launch an assault were rejected.
"Requests were also turned down for US troops to block the mountain paths leading to sanctuary a few miles away in Pakistan.
"The decision not to deploy American forces to go after Bin Laden or block his escape was made by Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and his top commander, General Tommy Franks," the report says. <more>

Kerry is the head of our Senate Foreign Policy Committee and a complete idiot...he lost the 2004 Presidential race by claiming to be anything BUT a fricken idiot....now he's getting revenge because he's a sore loser....so we have another week of Bush bashing to look forward to while the Congress passes some other screwed up law that either takes away some more freedoms or takes away some more of our money....or this is all planned because Obama's poll numbers are tanking and he needs to rally the base for the next round of polls.

old%20news.jpg

(AFP) – 1 hour ago
WASHINGTON — Osama bin Laden was "within the grasp" of US forces in late 2001 but escaped because then-defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld rejected calls for reinforcements, a hard-hitting US Senate report says.
The report, set for release Monday, is intended to help learn the lessons of the past as President Barack Obama prepares to announce a major escalation of the conflict, now in its ninth year, with up to 35,000 more US troops.
It points the finger directly at Rumsfeld for turning down requests for reinforcements as Bin Laden was trapped in December 2001 in caves and tunnels in a mountainous area of eastern Afghanistan known as Tora Bora.
"The vast array of American military power, from sniper teams to the most mobile divisions of the marine corps and the army, was kept on the sidelines," the report says.
"Instead, the US command chose to rely on airstrikes and untrained Afghan militias to attack Bin Laden and on Pakistan's loosely organized Frontier Corps to seal his escape routes."
Entitled "Tora Bora revisited: how we failed to get Bin Laden and why it matters today," the report -- commissioned by Senator John Kerry, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee -- says Bin Laden expected to die and had even written a will.
"But the Al-Qaeda leader would live to fight another day. Fewer than 100 American commandos were on the scene with their Afghan allies and calls for reinforcements to launch an assault were rejected.
"Requests were also turned down for US troops to block the mountain paths leading to sanctuary a few miles away in Pakistan.
"The decision not to deploy American forces to go after Bin Laden or block his escape was made by Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld and his top commander, General Tommy Franks," the report says. <more>

Like I said...a hyperpartisan hindsight bullshit story to distract America from some new load of crap coming down the pike.....
RUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMY...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!

(AFP) – 1 hour ago

Like I said...a hyperpartisan hindsight bullshit story to distract America from some new load of crap coming down the pike.....

Sad what they try to come up with when they know their slight-of-hand doesn't work any longer?

They need to take lessons from David Copperfield...

(AFP) – 1 hour ago

This story of blundering has been known for years. This is the first Senate report that I know of.

(AFP) – 1 hour ago

This story of blundering has been known for years. This is the first Senate report that I know of.
I'll take "What is BlackHawk Down" for $1,000 Alex..."

Funny :lol: ......"Alex, please give me Sudan says "Here's Bin Laden Billy' for $200. "

Funny :lol: ......"Alex, please give me Sudan says "Here's Bin Laden Billy' for $200. "

;) And of course "Alex, Please give me the First WTC Attack for $200.."

[SIZE=+1]Why Clinton failed to stop bin Laden[/SIZE]<LINK

Why you know? We could make a game of this after all...eh? ;):clap2:

It's entertaining to watch all the people bitch about other people bringing up how Bush let Bin Laden get away. But it's alright according to them to bring Clinton into it at any opportunity to blame. :lol: :popcorn:

they don't watch to capture bin laden. it lets them keep expanding wars and using propaganda. i wouldn't be surprised if he is still on the cia payroll.

Forum List

Back