Partisan Opinion Poll

Which of the following do you believe?

• Total voters
I can't vote. I believe that politicians of both stripes are mainly interested in keeping their jobs, lining their pockets, and doing what is best for them. I'm not convinced that enough of them truly think about we the people.

• Banned
I can't vote. I believe that politicians of both stripes are mainly interested in keeping their jobs, lining their pockets, and doing what is best for them. I'm not convinced that enough of them truly think about we the people.

Fair enough.

But you still vote in elections right? Which means you ultimately have to choose the best option from an albeit not-so-worthy list of candidates. So why not apply the same thinking here and pick the one you believe is the best among the available choices?

Fair enough.

But you still vote in elections right? Which means you ultimately have to choose the best option from an albeit not-so-worthy list of candidates. So why not apply the same thinking here and pick the one you believe is the best among the available choices?

I tend to roll with Libertarian or Independent candidates these days. Though I have voted for Democrats and Republicans in the past. And I will probably continue the trend in the future. Party is less important to me than the candidate. Always has been, always will be.

• Banned
I tend to roll with Libertarian or Independent candidates these days. Though I have voted for Democrats and Republicans in the past. And I will probably continue the trend in the future. Party is less important to me than the candidate. Always has been, always will be.

Politicians aside, what about regular people that happen to be registered as reps or dems? That's actually what I meant. But you cleverly got me all discombobulated, ya rat fink!

I didn't realize you were talking about politicians.

You are right, Ravi, the question was about the two parties. I did not ignore that. Sadly, however, I believe that the politicians are the party. They are the face of their party and they push their party's agenda. I find it difficult to seperate the two.

Well except for the end of timer fundies that bush has allied himself with.. Maybe bush does want to destroy the world. That however would be an exception to the vast majority of republicans... if, that is, there are actually any left that havent switched to the libertarian side of life..

You are right, Ravi, the question was about the two parties. I did not ignore that. Sadly, however, I believe that the politicians are the party. They are the face of their party and they push their party's agenda. I find it difficult to seperate the two.

That's true, too. But they only get elected when we the people elect them. I think it is probably extremely difficult to be a politician without being a sell out, that's one of the problems with power. But I also think most start out with some ideals.

Politicians aside, what about regular people that happen to be registered as reps or dems? That's actually what I meant. But you cleverly got me all discombobulated, ya rat fink!

If we're talking about the average Joe Voter, then I must say that, with the exception of extremists on both sides, we all want what is best for the country. It is only what we think is best that differs. These differences, as we all know, can be very different, even within the individual parties themselves. Even where individuals are concerned.

Take me, for instance. While I do lean toward the conservative/libertarian where government is concerned, on social issues I tend to swing to the liberal/don't care. Legalize drugs, all drugs? Yes, I'm all for it. Small government, lower taxes, strong military? Yes, that's what I want. Same sex marriage? Don't care, I've got no problem with it, it doesn't effect me. Welfare? With limits, drug testing, and an end date.

That's true, too. But they only get elected when we the people elect them. I think it is probably extremely difficult to be a politician without being a sell out, that's one of the problems with power. But I also think most start out with some ideals.

I agree with this sentiment, Ravi. I think a lot of politicians start out with the best of intentions, but the reality of politics changes them.

Last edited:
I had to vote for the republicans. You see, the terrorists hate America, and republicans hate terrorists. The old saying goes, Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Republicans keep America close in their hearts, unlike democrats, therefore, Republicans hate America.

I had to vote for the republicans. You see, the terrorists hate America, and republicans hate terrorists. The old saying goes, Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Republicans keep America close in their hearts, unlike democrats, therefore, Republicans hate America.

Now that right there is some twisted logic.

If we're talking about the average Joe Voter, then I must say that, with the exception of extremists on both sides, we all want what is best for the country. it is only what we think is best that differs. These differences, as we all know, can be very different, even within the individual parties themselves. Even where individuals are concerned.

Take me, for instance. While I do lean toward the conservative/libertarian where government is concerned, on social issues I tend to swing to the liberal/don't care. Legalize drugs, all drugs? Yes, I'm all for it. Small government, lower taxes, strong military? Yes, that's what I want. Same sex marriage? Don't care, I've got no problem with it, it doesn't effect me. Welfare? With limits, drug testing, and an end date.

I agree with this sentiment, Ravi. I think a lot of politicians start out with the best of intentions, but the reality of politics changes them.
My generalized position, most Republicans and Democrats see problems equally, the difference is that the Democrats think the solution to the problem may be the government, while the Republicans think that is the cause of the problem.

Both want the problems addressed, it is in the means that disagreement occurs. The politicians have blurred that.

In what I wrote above, I'm referring to voters, not party hacks, regarding Democrat and Republican.

My generalized position, most Republicans and Democrats see problems equally, the difference is that the Democrats think the solution to the problem may be the government, while the Republicans think that is the cause of the problem.

Both want the problems addressed, it is in the means that disagreement occurs. The politicians have blurred that.

In what I wrote above, I'm referring to voters, not party hacks, regarding Democrat and Republican.

I agree, K. Wish I had thought to include it in my post.

Must be WV charleston... democrats here in SC would kick your ass for saying such nonsense...

Forum List

Back