Partisan horseshit starting already

musicman

Mar 3, 2004
Ohio
Democrat Ted Kulongoski of Oregon said Guardsmen signed up to fight the war on terror, not to "go and sit on the border of Mexico." And with fire season approaching, he said, "I need our remaining National Guard soldiers to stay in Oregon to protect our forests."

http://www.rr.com/flash/index.cfm

Look, asshole - you can't have it both ways. Why don't we just say that Guardsmen signed up to protect their country and their home state - in whatever manner the brass tells them to, mm'k?

musicman said:
Democrat Ted Kulongoski of Oregon said Guardsmen signed up to fight the war on terror, not to "go and sit on the border of Mexico." And with fire season approaching, he said, "I need our remaining National Guard soldiers to stay in Oregon to protect our forests."

Look, asshole - you can't have it both ways. Why don't we just say that Guardsmen signed up to protect their country and their home state - in whatever manner the brass tells them to, mm'k?

ACLU has already come out against it too ! :alco:

dilloduck said:
ACLU has already come out against it too ! :alco:

It can't be completely without merit, then. I tend to judge an idea by its enemies; it's proven deadly accurate so far!

The idea that our military and/or National Guard can't be spared isn't so much laughable as it is INFURIATING. The goddamn trees and squirrels will be fine, Ted. Right now, we've got about 80 illiterate Mexicans an hour pouring into our country and destroying it from the inside. Get a clue.

There is only one reason to object to putting the troops on the border, and that is if you want to see American destroyed.

William Joyce said:
The idea that our military and/or National Guard can't be spared isn't so much laughable as it is INFURIATING. The goddamn trees and squirrels will be fine, Ted. Right now, we've got about 80 illiterate Mexicans an hour pouring into our country and destroying it from the inside. Get a clue.

There is only one reason to object to putting the troops on the border, and that is if you want to see American destroyed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Democrat Ted Kulongoski of Oregon said Guardsmen signed up to fight the war on terror, not to "go and sit on the border of Mexico."

oh please!!!!!! I thought just last year that they didn't sign up to fight terrorism either !!

William Joyce said:

Well said, WJ.

And, as for President Bush, I didn't watch his speech. I don't even hear this man anymore. I don't think he respects us or thinks like us. He's a one-worlder and a bullshit artist. If it comforts him to think he's lulled America to sleep, or tossed our ignorant asses a bone, so be it.

It's Congress I'll be watching.

dilloduck said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Democrat Ted Kulongoski of Oregon said Guardsmen signed up to fight the war on terror, not to "go and sit on the border of Mexico."

oh please!!!!!! I thought just last year that they didn't sign up to fight terrorism either !!

Exactly - a hypocritical, lying asshole.

musicman said:

Um its the National Guard. The whole point of the National Guard is to *Gasp* guard the nation.. To think the national guard isnt serving its purpose by defending our borders is absurd.

As for the Presidents address. I think he addressed the issue adequately. The question is whether it was just rhetoric or we are actually going to enforce this.

musicman said:
It can't be completely without merit, then. I tend to judge an idea by its enemies; it's proven deadly accurate so far!

IF, the National Guard is deployed by border states at the state level, it is completely without merit, since defending their state is EXACTLY what National Guardsmen sign up for.

Claiming they signed up to fight the "War on Terror" is bullshit. They could join the regular Army or the any of the reserves, which are Federal, if that was their goal.

Um its the National Guard. The whole point of the National Guard is to *Gasp* guard the nation.. To think the national guard isnt serving its purpose by defending our borders is absurd.

As for the Presidents address. I think he addressed the issue adequately. The question is whether it was just rhetoric or we are actually going to enforce this.

Nicely put, Avatar. And, I'm always one to root for a happy outcome. It could be that our boys have just been napping, and needed a bit of gentle prodding on this issue. Maybe they'll do the right thing here. You know what they say - a pessimist only gets PLEASANT surprises; I could sure use one right about now!

GunnyL said:
IF, the National Guard is deployed by border states at the state level, it is completely without merit, since defending their state is EXACTLY what National Guardsmen sign up for.

Claiming they signed up to fight the "War on Terror" is bullshit. They could join the regular Army or the any of the reserves, which are Federal, if that was their goal.

Exactly, Gunny. And, while it's certainly good to get pissed at our own Party, and hold their feet to the fire when necessary, this jerkoff's tirade is a first-rate reminder of what's in the hearts of the OTHER side.

musicman said:
Exactly, Gunny. And, while it's certainly good to get pissed at our own Party, and hold their feet to the fire when necessary, this jerkoff's tirade is a first-rate reminder of what's in the hearts of the OTHER side.

Honestly, I'm pissed at BOTH at the moment. I didn't see Bush's speech, but I got the highpoints from it.

"National Guardsman will be deployed but not participate in law enforcement." :cuckoo:

And he is STILL pushing the "guest worker" BS.

Push this: Enforce the current laws. Isn't that how we do it? We enforce the current laws until and/or unless the legislature changes those laws?

People are bitching their asses off about the NSA spying on suspected terrorists and calling THAT illegal, but what do you call THIS? Picking and choosing which laws we want to enforce?

Wish I was allowed to do that.

GunnyL said:
Honestly, I'm pissed at BOTH at the moment. I didn't see Bush's speech, but I got the highpoints from it.

"National Guardsman will be deployed but not participate in law enforcement." :cuckoo:

And he is STILL pushing the "guest worker" BS.

Push this: Enforce the current laws. Isn't that how we do it? We enforce the current laws until and/or unless the legislature changes those laws?

People are bitching their asses off about the NSA spying on suspected terrorists and calling THAT illegal, but what do you call THIS? Picking and choosing which laws we want to enforce?

Wish I was allowed to do that.

Agreed - 100%. And, if political survival is all our illustrious Congess really understands, then they'd better understand this: the American electorate is watching - the American electorate expects common sense and simple justice - the American electorate giveth - and the American electorate taketh away.

musicman said:
Agreed - 100%. And, if political survival is all our illustrious Congess really understands, then they'd better understand this: the American electorate is watching - the American electorate expects common sense and simple justice - the American electorate giveth - and the American electorate taketh away.

Next time I get pulled over for speeding I'll just inform the officer," Sorry officer, I choose not to obey that law as it inconveniences me."

I can see how the 5 points plan can stop the flow of illegals coming in. My question is what are we going to do with the 10-13 million already here? Are more troops going to be deployed to round them up? They are the real problem. The ones already here are the ones putting the uneeded strain on our economy. Which of the 5 points addressed this issue? I think the 5 point plan is :bs1:. It is a band-aid on a broken leg.

Forum List

Back