Partial-Birth Abortion Ban ~ Vent

UsaPride

Mar 13, 2004
NC
***Judge Blocks Partial-Birth Abortion Ban

Tuesday, June 01, 2004

SAN FRANCISCO — A federal judge Tuesday ruled that President Bush's Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act (search) is unconstitutional and infringes on a woman's right to choose.***

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,121435,00.html

Here we go again, "a woman's right to choose". This is disgusting!! What must these people tell themselves at night to help them sleep better? Oh yeah, it's not really a baby. In the third trimester? Come on! I'm against abortion anyway, admitted (except in certain cases, hypocrit, I know), but I guess it's a little easier to swallow when it happens within the first few weeks, but the third trimester??
This is just sickening!! Those poor babies. I Pray that I'm never murdered, but if I have to go that way, I hope that my murderers have more mercy on me than to slowly suck the brains out of my head!!!

Isn't this just what the writers of the Federalist Papers imagined? A federal judge announcing to people that infanticide is protected by the Constitution. People, I think we have a problem here.

Originally posted by mattskramer
Hmmm. Perhaps we should end the federal court system and leave all issue to popular vote.

Heaven forbid the people actually have a say in their laws.

NCJW Applauds Ruling on Abortion Ban

June 1, 2004, WASHINGTON, DC -- In response to Federal District Court Judge Phyllis J. Hamilton's ruling today in Planned Parenthood Federation of America v. Ashcroft, Marsha Atkind, President of the National Council of Jewish Women (NCJW) issued the following statement:

The National Council of Jewish Women is gratified by the decision in PPFA v. Ashcroft handed down by a federal district court in San Francisco. The ruling finds that the abortion ban, signed into law by the President on November 5, 2003, is unconstitutional and may not be enforced. This draconian ban, opposed by NCJW, could have outlawed abortions as early as 12 to 15 weeks in pregnancy, including those that physicians say are safe and among the best in terms of protecting a woman's health. Under this law, women's lives and health have been put at risk.

"NCJW, long an opponent of this legislation, is pleased that physicians covered by this ruling will once again be able to provide the best and most appropriate care for their patients without fear of criminal prosecution. We hope that the remaining cases challenging the abortion ban will be decided similarly.ä

NCJW is a volunteer organization, inspired by Jewish values, that works to improve the quality of life for women, children, and families and to ensure individual rights and freedoms for all through its network of 90,000 members, supporters, and volunteers nationwide..

Sammie Moshenberg
[email protected]

Surprise, I have a few thoughts on this thread.

1) As heard on a talk show this afternoon - since the elite media is obsessed with showing photos and beating the Abu Grahib prison thing to death, why won't they show vidoe/photos of the partial birth abortion procedure. If the prison gig is so scandalous that Americans should be aware of the "brutality", why not show the brutality of this procedure.

2) I am flabbergasted by the comments posted by NJCW - "NCJW is a volunteer organization, inspired by Jewish values, that works to improve the quality of life for women, children , and families and to ensure individual rights and freedoms for all..." & "NCJW, long an opponent of this legislation, is pleased that physicians covered by this ruling will once again be able to provide the best and most appropriate care for their patients without fear of criminal prosecution".

Who cares about their vaules? I find it hypocritical that they calim to work to improve the quality of life for children. How does one equate puncturing ones skull, sucking out the brain and leaving a collapsed head as improving the quality of a childs life? I find it ironic that someone of Jewish ancestory would condone an act that is so indifferent to life. Hilter was indifferent to life in order to preserve the rights of his Arian race wasn't he?

3) In my anger, I did a search on this Judge's name and could not believe some of her other rulings. Might be interesting to note that she was a Clinton appointee. Guess he wanted to ensure that his right of adultery and receiving BJ's in the Oval Office were protected. Search results here:

http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=my_mod&p=U.S.+District+Judge+Phyllis+Hamilton

Originally posted by HGROKIT
Surprise, I have a few thoughts on this thread.

1) As heard on a talk show this afternoon - since the elite media is obsessed with showing photos and beating the Abu Grahib prison thing to death, why won't they show vidoe/photos of the partial birth abortion procedure. If the prison gig is so scandalous that Americans should be aware of the "brutality", why not show the brutality of this procedure.

Excelent example. Well said. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just more of the evil radical left's attempt to TOTALLY destory this country from the inside out. They won't stop until this country is a mirror image of France or the USSR

*Sigh* I'm begining to think that those guys from Christian Exodus are right.

I don't know how people can defend stuff like this. In the third trimester, how can people say that it's not a person? What is it then? I think there are some people who wouldn't even have a problem with an abortion being performed near or at the the 9 month mark. To them, it makes all the difference in the world whether it's in the womb or not. 9 months along and still in the womb = kill the baby. 9 months along and outside of the womb = not okay (at least I hope so, but you never know. Some people might even defend that). I don't understand this. What has changed about the baby other than the fact that it's no longer in the womb? The answer, of course, is nothing.

This is just sick!! A lot of you know how I feel about abortion all around-it's horribly wrong IMO. We just have to let this judge know how many of us are out here or something. I can't even believe it goes on in the U.S. A third world country maybe. It makes me so sad that I can't stand it. I believe the pro life voice is getting louder though.

I have a question. Is Scott peterson on trial for murder or double murder in the left's eyes? Because his child was unborn when Lacy was killed, then according to the left, that should only be a single murder and an accidental death.

Forum List

Back