part of my platform for 2016...

Awwww...troll to hell....
Is someone getting a butt ouchie
Cause they can't answer a direct question?

That wont work.

Example. Liberals are the majority at the moment, lets not dispute the semantics here. So they propose a bill to eliminate the 2nd amendment, or to ban concealed carry across the country. Because they have the majority, it passes with no one to check/balance this bill.

A democracy is ultimate majority rules with no restrictions. They never last long.

That wont work.

Example. Liberals are the majority at the moment, lets not dispute the semantics here. So they propose a bill to eliminate the 2nd amendment, or to ban concealed carry across the country. Because they have the majority, it passes with no one to check/balance this bill.

A democracy is ultimate majority rules with no restrictions. They never last long.

Excellent example.

Must remember that one.

Easy to see people voting away the 2nd amendment if we had pure majority rule.

But,liberals ARENT THE MAJORITY.
and the CONSTITUTION cannot be,nor would be manipulated with.

Before DIRECT DEMOCRACY would be implemented.
As the root and basis of our nation...
CONSTITUTION WOULD BE SECURED.
I should have explained that as well.

Amelia..
NONE OF THOSE AMENDMENTS or in place provisions would be compromised..
Except the parliamentary powers of enforced taxation.
that will be eliminated.

But Liberals could be the majority soon. As could republicans. Both can do damage to the rights of others if unchecked.

The constitution is only a piece of paper without the framework it provides in the form of three branches, with checks balances. Without checks and balances we become a pure democracy, which will never protect rights, and always rule in the majority.

Amelia..
NONE OF THOSE AMENDMENTS or in place provisions would be compromised..
Except the parliamentary powers of enforced taxation.
that will be eliminated.

The constitution could not be amended ever again?

Do you really want to put the future governmental decisions of this nation directly into the hands of a majority which would vote for Obama?

A true direct democracy could change to something very ugly in a flash.

but liberals could be the majority soon. As could republicans. Both can do damage to the rights of others if unchecked.

The constitution is only a piece of paper without the framework it provides in the form of three branches, with checks balances. Without checks and balances we become a pure democracy, which will never protect rights, and always rule in the majority.

+1

Amelia.
Intelligent argument.
But...maybe its your region..but,the majority of LEGAL US CITIZEN VOTERS DO NOT WANT OBAMA or anything like him...
Trust me.
Go to Florida,Louisiana
Even up north.
Its just people are apethetic the ones who can really make a change.
my proposals have checks and balances throught to work.

Before DIRECT DEMOCRACY would be implemented.
As the root and basis of our nation...
CONSTITUTION WOULD BE SECURED.
I should have explained that as well.

How would the Constitution be "secured" by destroying the form of government it outlines?

The Constitution very specifically does NOT call for direct democracy.

Okay doc...
But it will be updated and evolved to accommodate such without dissolution to individual freedoms or rights.
It just simply takes away the variable of leaders to work on their own accord without account ability to the citizen,as the citizen has final say.

Doc...
It wouldn't be trashing it.
Just evolving it to take out the variable of misuse without loss of rights that the constitution provided.

Forum List

Back