Part of Common Core ruled unconstitutional

I have no trouble with the ruling, except to point out the judge is not a federal one, merely a county judge in Missouri. I think the state education agency will move for a denial by a federal court immediately.

I would rather the district school agencies in the states make up their own testing agenda, using the state developed Common Core curriculum.

this pos Common Core every parent needs to get behind and have it THROWN out of our schools

Not only BIASED indoctrination, but invasive, spying and intruding into YOUR LIVES

some of it I've seen posted is damn scary stuff

this pos Common Core every parent needs to get behind and have it THROWN out of our schools Not only BIASED indoctrination, but invasive, spying and intruding into YOUR LIVES some of it I've seen posted is damn scary stuff
Give us your sources, Stephanie, because your normal language does not use words like those above.

Can someone boil down the pros and cons of Common Core? On the surface it looks benign enough, but I do not trust the "education lobby" any farther than I can throw it. Is the principal opposition to Common Core based on its content or its data gathering?

P.S. It seems that Jeb Bush supports Common Core only in that it requires standardized testing (which is the only objective way to evaluate teacher performance). Am I right on this?

Jeb Bush and Common Core Misconceptions - Washington Wire - WSJ

jwoodie has it correct.

The hidden problems are two.

First, the conceptualization theories of Common Core accept that all children can abstract at generally the same age, when in fact thirty years of studies and research make it very clear the process can be much fast or much slow in various children. In other words, STEM offered to some 2d grade kids simply is beyond their capacity. However, by 7th grade all children can conceptualize and abstract pretty much equally in the normal classroom. I have sat in on 7th, 9th and 12th grade made classes here in the city and thought, "This makes so much sense. Where were these type of teachers in my classes." The weakness in math, of course, is the under valuation, and demonization in some situations, of basic rote math drills.

Second, the amount of money slushing around in the system from the feds, the stat ed agencies, and the districts has create an education admin cadre who are happily tied with "golden handcuffs." They make too much money to want to change the model

Forum List

Back