parlay-vuuu, no vote for you!

Didn't mittens rip into Huntsman for taking a job in China?

I find it amusing so many conservatives are willing to pretend Romney is one of them because they want to beat Obama so bad.

Well he certainly is the poster-boy for maintaining the current corruption among the status quo economically, even if he doesn't have the social conservatism credentials that evangelicals seem to want to shove down our collective throat.

It will be interesting to see how many evangelicals sit out the election because they understand the direct and active opposition to their faith that the Mormon Cult represents, and they find themselves unable to vote for him. I believe that if Romney had been born and raised a Baptist instead, he'd be a shoe-in.

Catholics will vote for the Mormon though. Our two faiths have worked together before... but, naturally, the Baptists have 'issues' with Catholics and Mormons. :lol:

When I was running in evangelical circles, the Mormons held a special place as a well organized cult that was foisted on the planet by Satan Himself.

Evangelicals who understand the history of Mormonism and it's relationship to Christendom will have a very difficult time voting for either Obama or Romney because they'll see both as agents of Satan.

Admittedly though, probably half or better of Evangelicals today haven't bothered to learn anything at all about the so called 'Christian Cults' of Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses etc. Of life-long evangelicals over 50 though, I guarantee that when they were younger, some preacher gave them a stern warning not to mess with Mormons.

Well he certainly is the poster-boy for maintaining the current corruption among the status quo economically, even if he doesn't have the social conservatism credentials that evangelicals seem to want to shove down our collective throat.

It will be interesting to see how many evangelicals sit out the election because they understand the direct and active opposition to their faith that the Mormon Cult represents, and they find themselves unable to vote for him. I believe that if Romney had been born and raised a Baptist instead, he'd be a shoe-in.

Catholics will vote for the Mormon though. Our two faiths have worked together before... but, naturally, the Baptists have 'issues' with Catholics and Mormons. :lol:

When I was running in evangelical circles, the Mormons held a special place as a well organized cult that was foisted on the planet by Satan Himself.

Evangelicals who understand the history of Mormonism and it's relationship to Christendom will have a very difficult time voting for either Obama or Romney because they'll see both as agents of Satan.

Admittedly though, probably half or better of Evangelicals today haven't bothered to learn anything at all about the so called 'Christian Cults' of Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses etc. Of life-long evangelicals over 50 though, I guarantee that when they were younger, some preacher gave them a stern warning not to mess with Mormons.

I have serious issues with the judgemental attitude of Evangelicals. I try hard not to judge them too harshly for that.

Didn't mittens rip into Huntsman for taking a job in China?

I find it amusing so many conservatives are willing to pretend Romney is one of them because they want to beat Obama so bad.

Probably another reason I stopped being a Catholic in 1983. No ethics, just how can we take advantage.

Actually, though, polls show that about 16% of Catholics won't vote for a Mormon.

That's before the MSM Starts educating people about how crazy Mormon beliefs really are, though.

Probably another reason I stopped being a Catholic in 1983. No ethics, just how can we take advantage.

Actually, though, polls show that about 16% of Catholics won't vote for a Mormon.

That's before the MSM Starts educating people about how crazy Mormon beliefs really are, though.

Funny, most (intelligent) people have an issue with the Catholic Church because of it's very traditional ethics. I've never heard us criticized for having 'no ethics', quite the opposite. We are known as far too ethical... 'old fashioned', 'dated', 'out of touch'... yep... but 'no ethics'? What a crock.

And... I tend to view polls with the skepticism of an academic brain. However, if you can provide links to these polls, that would be great. I can interrogate them for myself.

Funny, most (intelligent) people have an issue with the Catholic Church because of it's very traditional ethics. I've never heard us criticized for having 'no ethics', quite the opposite. We are known as far too ethical... 'old fashioned', 'dated', 'out of touch'... yep... but 'no ethics'? What a crock.

And... I tend to view polls with the skepticism of an academic brain. However, if you can provide links to these polls, that would be great. I can interrogate them for myself.

so enabling pederasts is a traditionally ethical thing to do?

i had no idea. how about facilitating the escape of mass murderers?

more tradition?

so enabling pederasts is a traditionally ethical thing to do?

i had no idea. how about facilitating the escape of mass murderers?

more tradition?

So, you don't understand that I referred to our doctrine. I probably should have been more clear.

And... the accusation about pederasts is getting dull now. Less than 1% stand accused. Do I have issues with the way the Church has behaved over this? Oh, hell yea. But I am tired of people labeling the whole priesthood as guilty... the facts do no support that view.

education is a terrible thing to the right

Not necessarily.... In Florida, Republican Governor Rick Scott seems to be promoting more spending on education and state tax breaks for small business that create jobs.

Exactly what I expect and want from my STATE government.

Governor Scott slashed spending to education in his last budget.

No, you don't hide pedophile priests and then go around calling yourself "ethical".

And most of my relatives are still practicing Catholics. A few even work for the Church.

Your claiming to have an "academic brain" is the most laughable thing I've heard this morning.

For the record. I don't do links unless I FEEL like doing them. Because when I provide them, you morons (both left and right) either pretend you didn't see them or discount them because they come from a source you don't like.

But here's the source. The one that says that 22% of Americans, including 16% of Catholics, won't vote for a Latter Day Liar.

In U.S., 22% Are Hesitant to Support a Mormon in 2012

In his latest attempt at playing Khan to Romney's Kirk, Gingrich put out a new commercial suggesting that Romney shouldn't be nominated/isn't conservative/is a flat-out traitor because he can speak some French.

I don't like mudslinging commercials...but flat out STUPID commercials like this should be against the law, and should disqualify the idiot that approves them.

Next we'll have a commercial from Paul: "Romney is too tall and handsome. Vote for Ron Paul, a TRUE American...short & funny-looking."

No, you don't hide pedophile priests and then go around calling yourself "ethical".

And most of my relatives are still practicing Catholics. A few even work for the Church.

Your claiming to have an "academic brain" is the most laughable thing I've heard this morning.

For the record. I don't do links unless I FEEL like doing them. Because when I provide them, you morons (both left and right) either pretend you didn't see them or discount them because they come from a source you don't like.

But here's the source. The one that says that 22% of Americans, including 16% of Catholics, won't vote for a Latter Day Liar.

Ethics, you thick bastard... not 'ethical'. Quoting the Church's traditional ethics is not claiming it is ethical. I've already made my position clear on the (less than)1% of priests being accused of pedophilia.... if basic comprehension is above your pay grade, I suggest you stop seeking to engage in rational discussion.

Thanks for the link. I found it quite interesting. I found it particularly interesting to see that educational level appears to have a direct link to one's willingness to vote for a Mormon. Stupid people won't. Smart people will. I guess that explains why you won't and I will.

Ethics, you thick bastard... not 'ethical'. Quoting the Church's traditional ethics is not claiming it is ethical. I've already made my position clear on the (less than)1% of priests being accused of pedophilia.... if basic comprehension is above your pay grade, I suggest you stop seeking to engage in rational discussion.

Thanks for the link. I found it quite interesting. I found it particularly interesting to see that educational level appears to have a direct link to one's willingness to vote for a Mormon. Stupid people won't. Smart people will. I guess that explains why you won't and I will.

level of education says nothing about a person's intelligence.

you claim you have a master's; you should know that.

:eusa_shhh:

level of education says nothing about a person's intelligence.

you claim you have a master's; you should know that.

:eusa_shhh:

I tend to agree - education does not make one smart.... but smart people tend to be more educated. And, in JoeyB's case, I think it's valid. He has an irrational hatred of someone based purely on that person's faith. I find that as ridiculous as hating someone based on their skin color.

In his latest attempt at playing Khan to Romney's Kirk, Gingrich put out a new commercial suggesting that Romney shouldn't be nominated/isn't conservative/is a flat-out traitor because he can speak some French.

I don't like mudslinging commercials...but flat out STUPID commercials like this should be against the law, and should disqualify the idiot that approves them.

Next we'll have a commercial from Paul: "Romney is too tall and handsome. Vote for Ron Paul, a TRUE American...short & funny-looking."

fag-talk.jpg

Well if Romney was injured in Vietnam and won a silver star for his valor..boy howdy..he could have a field day on him. But it seems the French thing will do for now.

Freedom fries anyone?

You mean if Romney shot himself in the butt to get out of serving, don't you?

^^^Case in point.

Internet lies are just that. And repeating them makes you a liar.

Forum List

Back