Parkland, Florida School Massacre Panel Recommends Allowing Willing And Trained Teachers To Be Armed

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Logic rules the day. Fact is it would have saved a lot of lives had Aaron Feis been armed.

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — The panel investigating the Florida high school massacre recommended Wednesday that teachers who volunteer and undergo extensive background checks and training be allowed to carry concealed guns on campus to stop future shootings.

The Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission voted 13-1 to recommend the Legislature allow the arming of teachers, saying it’s not enough to have one or two police officers or armed guards on campus. Florida law adopted after the Feb. 14 shooting that left 17 dead allows districts to arm non-teaching staff members such as principals, librarians and custodians — 13 of the 67 districts do, mostly in rural parts of the state.

Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri, the commission’s chairman, pushed the measure at the Tallahassee meeting. He said most deaths in school shootings happen within the first few minutes, before officers on and off campus can respond. He said suspect Nikolas Cruz stopped to reload his AR-15 semi-automatic rifle five times, all of which would have been opportunities for an armed teacher to shoot him.

Parkland, Florida School Massacre Panel Recommends Arming Teachers | HuffPost

There was a licensed, trained and armed officer on campus

It did not help

Those are incredibly rare.

I have no problem with the policy, but I think it's sad that American society has decayed to the point that it is even being debated.
It’s the same as societies that don’t have school shootings regularly. Our kids just have easy access to guns. Another today.

There are more guns per capita in Switzerland than here and they don't have school shootings. In fact, they have less crime all the way around in every category.

As I said, it's not a gun problem; it's cultural.

I have no problem with the policy, but I think it's sad that American society has decayed to the point that it is even being debated.
It’s the same as societies that don’t have school shootings regularly. Our kids just have easy access to guns. Another today.

There are more guns per capita in Switzerland than here and they don't have school shootings. In fact, they have less crime all the way around in every category.

We have the most guns per capita by far in the world. The Swiss have much stronger gun laws than we do. Shall we take up their laws?

Switzerland has strict gun laws on training, registration and access to ammo

Logic rules the day. Fact is it would have saved a lot of lives had Aaron Feis been armed.

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — The panel investigating the Florida high school massacre recommended Wednesday that teachers who volunteer and undergo extensive background checks and training be allowed to carry concealed guns on campus to stop future shootings.

The Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission voted 13-1 to recommend the Legislature allow the arming of teachers, saying it’s not enough to have one or two police officers or armed guards on campus. Florida law adopted after the Feb. 14 shooting that left 17 dead allows districts to arm non-teaching staff members such as principals, librarians and custodians — 13 of the 67 districts do, mostly in rural parts of the state.

Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri, the commission’s chairman, pushed the measure at the Tallahassee meeting. He said most deaths in school shootings happen within the first few minutes, before officers on and off campus can respond. He said suspect Nikolas Cruz stopped to reload his AR-15 semi-automatic rifle five times, all of which would have been opportunities for an armed teacher to shoot him.

We were posting that idea/solution right after the massacre took place. It took these people months to figure it out ? :confused:

What happened to the left's grand plan of arming students with cans of corn?

Lol fcking loons, AR 15 vs Del Monte 15 oz.?

Del Monte loses everytime

We were posting that idea/solution right after the massacre took place. It took these people months to figure it out ? :confused:
Of course you were, it’s a really bad idea.

They certainly will, as long as Obama's Promise Program is in effect. If not for that, Cruz would not have been able to buy his guns. At least not legally in a gun store.

New Topics

Forum List

Back