Park 51 Mosque Will Be Beautiful

That's a sexy modern look. Kind of reminds me of a flat version of the London egg. Even though it doesn't really mesh with the style of the surrounding buildings, I still like it. :thup:

Falling broken stars of David and Pentagons.
Yeah!

6a00d8341c60bf53ef013487db3acd970c-600wi

6a00d8341c60bf53ef0133f4b823ce970b-600wi

• Banned
They look like Stars of David to me as well, Mr. Fitnah. I'd guess not, though. I dun follow you as to the Pentagon.

This is the shot I liked best:

slide_11345_149192_large.jpg

Very etheral and quite inspired, I thought.

Five bucks they change it.

I see a lot of Stars of David in that designed.

• Banned
Mosques are like people. It's what's on the inside that counts.

Looks like a fucking spider web.

Well, nobody builds buildings to look like Notre Dame cathedral anymore, Mr. H. Gotta change with the times. For a house of worship, I thought it was lovely.

I wonder if it'll be a "green" building. That would be a grace note.

You think they're that insecure? Part of the geometric design on the book I'm currently reading could be called a "Star of David"; we don't care. :eusa_whistle:

They look like Stars of David to me as well, Mr. Fitnah. I'd guess not, though. I dun follow you as to the Pentagon.

This is the shot I liked best:

slide_11345_149192_large.jpg

Very etheral and quite inspired, I thought.
Broken pentagons .Broken stars of David. Glad, you like it.
Dont worry about it you are blind to somethings that have to do with Islam.
Dont worry about it, You will fit right in. "buttery soft "

You think they're that insecure? Part of the geometric design on the book I'm currently reading could be called a "Star of David"; we don't care. :eusa_whistle:

Kalam, is it still a tenet of Islam that no artwork apart from writing and geometric shapes can be used to decorate a mosque?

BTW, do you like the drawings?

Thought you were joking it first. Then I remembered who I was dealing with.

"Oh, wait. You're serious. Let me laugh even harder." :lol:

Mr. Fitnah wrote:

O now seriously, Mr. Fitnah...you are seeing things that are not there. I get the feeling you would not like the renditions no matter which architect they had decided to go with and how the plans looked.

Yuck.

Looks like giant wasps should be flying in and out of it. Just Gross. Anything that fugly always gets the tag "modern" slapped on it.

To be fair, I thought the WTC buildings were ugly too, in a plain Jane sort of way. (impressive size notwithstanding)

Yuck.

Looks like giant wasps should be flying in and out of it. Just Gross. Anything that fugly always gets the tag "modern" slapped on it.

To be fair, I thought the WTC buildings were ugly too, in a plain Jane sort of way. (impressive size notwithstanding)

Yeah well, there are only so many ways to build a skyscraper, Ragnar. It's not like using brick is still an option...no more Empire State Buildings. For a modern building, I think it looks pretty "churchy".

Kalam, is it still a tenet of Islam that no artwork apart from writing and geometric shapes can be used to decorate a mosque?

BTW, do you like the drawings?

Depicting animate life is generally thought to be prohibited, but all matters like this are open to a certain degree of interpretation. Fortunately, Arabic script lends itself very well to artistic design. It's a really beautiful written language.

I like the design of the building. It's very interesting and I think the whiteness and simplicity will provide an ideal atmosphere for prayer and devotion.

Mr. Fitnah wrote:

O now seriously, Mr. Fitnah...you are seeing things that are not there. I get the feeling you would not like the renditions no matter which architect they had decided to go with and how the plans looked.

And seriously we know how honest you are about all thing Islam.
All over the top postulating
mr-fitnah-albums-avy-picture2001-iconjet.jpg

Just do it,

Think of the possibilities .

mr-fitnah-albums-forum-pics-picture600-bandit.jpg

ok-wink.gif

Mr. Fitnah wrote:

And seriously we know how honest you are about all thing Islam.
All over the top postulating
mr-fitnah-albums-avy-picture2001-iconjet.jpg

Just do it,

Think of the possibilities .

mr-fitnah-albums-forum-pics-picture600-bandit.jpg

ok-wink.gif

Mr. Fitnah, I know that you are frustrated because we do not agree. I am still trying to learn, but it seems to me what I need to know about Islam is best learned from Muslims.

Altmuslimah @OnFaith: What does a Muslim woman look like? - On Faith at washingtonpost.com

And from religious leaders of christianity and Judaism, who have studied Islam.

Faith leaders speak out against 'Islamophobia' - AnnArbor.com

Interfaith Councils of Orange County

I am still trying to learn from the non-Mulsims here who, like you, abhore Islam but it is virtually impossible not to discount what you say as irrational fear. And frankly, all the name calling helps not one little bit.

So if you choose not to discuss Islam with me anymore, I will understand. I'd prefer that over your open contempt.

Forum List

Back