Parents try to marry off 13 year old

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
LAKE PLACID - A Lake Placid man was arrested Thursday on allegations that he had sex more than once with a 13-year-old girl, which led to her getting pregnant.

Pedro Valladares Martinez, 27, of Sudburry Drive, Lake Placid, was charged with lewd and lascivious acts on a victim 12 to 16 years of age.

Law enforcement was alerted about the two after Highlands County Courthouse employees called and said the girl's family was trying to get a marriage license for her and Martinez, according to the Lake Placid Police Department..

Family tries to get marriage license for 13-year-old

Why would her parents condone this?

LAKE PLACID - A Lake Placid man was arrested Thursday on allegations that he had sex more than once with a 13-year-old girl, which led to her getting pregnant.

Pedro Valladares Martinez, 27, of Sudburry Drive, Lake Placid, was charged with lewd and lascivious acts on a victim 12 to 16 years of age.

Law enforcement was alerted about the two after Highlands County Courthouse employees called and said the girl's family was trying to get a marriage license for her and Martinez, according to the Lake Placid Police Department..

They're Messkins.

I'm not sure if they are Mexican. Whenever I hear a Spanish name from FL, I think Cuban. I know - I'm prejudiced. lol

I'd like to see this guy jailed. It might not be what the girl wants right now, but she's too young to understand.

I'm not sure if they are Mexican. Whenever I hear a Spanish name from FL, I think Cuban. I know - I'm prejudiced. lol

I'd like to see this guy jailed. It might not be what the girl wants right now, but she's too young to understand.

Nope they're Messkins.

Messkin girls mature a lot faster, and once they're 18, they head down-hill pretty fast

LatinaLoverFatMexicanWoman.jpg

Crazy Heteros. :cuckoo:

In Mexico this would be legal and the norm.

Yes, well, it's considered the norm for certain American cults to have multiple wives of a young age as well. It's illegal for them and it's illegal for these folks.

And regardless of whether or not they're Mexican, the Roman-Catholic religion doesn't condone pre-marital sex. Whether or not it's the norm, they're in the US now and it's illegal here.

Actually, according to Mexican law, this would be highly illegal there too. Minimum age for marriage with parental consent is 14, 18 otherwise. Minimum age for males with parental consent is 16.

They probably came north because they know we are lax about enforcing laws here.

So in Mexico, a 13 year old isn't jail bait, because you would wind up in a Mexican jail, a 13 year old is cemetery bait.

That may very well be the law.

However:

p5....marriage customs in Mexico have not kept pace with the substantial social change that has led to the modernization of marriage customs in the United States in recent years. ....p6 Relevant ideas of what the institution of marriage should be, and married life in general, in the United States and Mexico differ significantly.

Nope they're Messkins.

Messkin girls mature a lot faster, and once they're 18, they head down-hill pretty fast

LatinaLoverFatMexicanWoman.jpg
Yes, Salma Hayek certainly has gone to pot, and she's 44.

This crap happens all the time in backwoods communities, but I guess we should only demonize the brown people for this. And why is it any of our business? Thirteen year old girls used to marry older men all the time, this is nothing new.

cause she is preggors? they want to get her married....

That'd be my guess.

She's Hispanic, so very likely Catholic (as am I) and her parents are likely quite horrified that their daughter is pregnant outside of marriage (no matter her age, this is not something *any* Catholic parent would cope well with for their daughter). Abortion is not an option to Catholics, to marriage would be the way they would go. At least they would in Mexico (or wherever their home country is).

They obviously don't know the law in the US...which frowns on men getting 12 year olds pregnant, nevermind letting 12 year olds get married.

Hope all involved in this girls life give her the support she needs, but I'm guessing the lot will be deported and she'll be married off in her home country before her baby arrives.

:(

That'd be my guess.

She's Hispanic, so very likely Catholic (as am I) and her parents are likely quite horrified that their daughter is pregnant outside of marriage (no matter her age, this is not something *any* Catholic parent would cope well with for their daughter). Abortion is not an option to Catholics, to marriage would be the way they would go. At least they would in Mexico (or wherever their home country is).

They obviously don't know the law in the US...which frowns on men getting 12 year olds pregnant, nevermind letting 12 year olds get married.

Hope all involved in this girls life give her the support she needs, but I'm guessing the lot will be deported and she'll be married off in her home country before her baby arrives.

That's just plain sick. The parents care more about her not being a single mother than they do about the fact that they would be marrying her off to a child molester? !!!!!

That'd be my guess.

Did it say she was illegal in the article?

That'd be my guess.

I checked, it didn't say they were illegal, but thank you for showing us how much a bigot you are.

That'd be my guess.

I checked, it didn't say they were illegal, but thank you for showing us how much a bigot you are.

Fuck off, Luissa. YOU'RE THE BIGOT assuming they're from here. AMERICAN BORN AND RAISED MEN KNOW YOU CANT MARRY A 12 YEAR OLD, dumbass.

These people obviously have NO CLUE about our laws here, or they believe since we don't enforce our laws on immigration rigidly, we also don't enforce matrimonial laws either.

Dumbass! :eusa_doh:

Parents can get desperate and end up doing some very foolish things especially when it involves a baby of only 13 having sex and becoming pregnant.

Forum List

Back