Parents of dying 10-year-old girl challenge organ donor rule

Great news someone died!

As I heard this "happy news", I cannot help but wonder how the family of the deceased feels at the joy being expressed that their loved one is dead.

If it's such happy news, and there is such jubilation because someone died, why not have a national registry so that when an organ is needed, the person who is a match can just be taken off the street and harvested without having to wait for accidental death to spread such joy?

as sad as it is my brother and sister in law feel good about the donations given

by their daughter my niece at the time of her unexpected death

they have met some of the people the donations helped

My mother died in 1983. I chased the organ procurement facilitator down the hospital hallway screaming "GHOUL, GRAVE ROBBER, FRANKENSTEIN". She ran like a jackrabbit too. I probably screamed too loud for the hospital hallway, but it got my message across. They might have had delusions of having a donee family address me directly but I had already scared the shit out of them. They took the yelling, maybe would have drawn the line at exposing someone to actual physical violence.

I felt pretty good about it too.

Then, oddly enough, in 2010 I found myself in a transplant center as my husband was undergoing an evaluation for a liver transplant.

No one ever knows.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back