Parents: How Would You React?

How Would You React?

• Total voters
Pretending you can not tramatize a child this way is just more right wing lies to replace reality

Geeze, do I have a ton of stories like this! I managed to fill an archery moose tag a couple of years ago. The animal was close enough to the road to put it on a sled and drag it into the back of the pickup. The kids next door watched me bring it into my upstairs kitchen and wangled permission to come play with my daughter...they were about the same age as your neighbors. They, too, were enthralled by the proceedings. I didn't know until later that evening that their parents were vegans. They were less than polite and their kids were never allowed to play with my daughter again.

It's natural for children to be curious about what death is and what happens after death. Seeing a dead animal processed gives them some knowlege of basic anatomy. Too bad we live in such a sanitized culture. People who object to their children seeing such things will be the first to die in a food crisis because they will be to candy ass to do what's necessary. What's next? Worrying about hurting your salads feelings?:cuckoo:

Imagine a child who has never seen what the inside of flesh looks like?

they see it for the first time by watching a neighbor man singing the praises of killing things that are small and vulnerable.

The Link Between Animal Abuse and Serial Killers - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Ted Bundy, David Berkowitz and Jeffrey Dahmer have more in common than just being serial killers. These three murderers are also connected by the fact that each of them tortured and/or killed animals during their childhoods. "Researchers as well as FBI and other law enforcement agencies nationwide have linked animal cruelty to domestic violence, child abuse, serial killings and to the recent rash of killings by school age children", says Dr. Randall Lockwood (vice president of training and initiatives for the Humane Society of the United States.
Some children are cruel to and torture animals to impress their peers, but future serial killers usually torture animals purely for their own enjoyment. Animal abuse is a recognized sign of a mental disorder. If a child hurts animals it should be a red flag and immediate action should be taken. While there are many factors that contribute to someone becoming a serial killer, the one constant they share is animal abuse.

ignoring facts

when a child looks at the dismembered body of a small animals in the hands of someone cutting it up for fun they dont know those words do they?

your missing the point, he's not cutting them up for fun, he's cutting them up for food. It's no different then the meat in the supermarket except Swagger did the work himself instead of having butchers do it for him. The chicken drum sticks you buy don't come that way, someone has to pluck,clean,and cut the birds up before they find thier way to the plastic tray you buy.

Geez you guys would have died if you were raised back in the day. We had a local grocers who had butcher shops in their stores. The animal carcass would be hanging in the freezer on hooks. My mother would select a cut of meat and he would process if there in front of her trimming it to her liking. Even then it would be skinned and beheaded by the time I saw it but he would do the rest by order. The meat was fresher,there was no fillers and you knew exactly what you got,100% beef. He'd even grind the ground round in front of you, no fillers. We have traded alot for convience.

Last edited:
Yesterday morning I took my .22 rimfire out to some local farmland where I have permission to shoot small game. I had a good day and brought back four pigeons and five rabbits. In the early evening next door's kids were playing in their garden while I was skinning and plucking what I'd shot. My neighbour's boundry is a flimsey trellis with vines woven through the woodwook. On the other side the children (all aged around 8-10) had noticed what I was doing and took an interest; though showed no sign of revulsion. They asked me if what I was skinning was real. At this point I realised this was an opportunity to impart valuable a lesson upon my young audience. I confirmed what I was handling was real and that I'd shot them. I followed that by asking them if they knew where the meat they ate came from. They were unsure. I informed them it most likely came from a farm via an abbatoir, and I didn't pull any punches. I told them how the meat they saw on their table was killed and processed. I also showed them the organs I'd removed from the carcasses. I then showed them the gun and how it works. They were enthralled. Towards the end of my ad-hoc lecture their childminder called them away. After they'd gone inside she approached the fence and informed me that it's irresponsible to expose children to the stark reality of how meat ends-up on their table. I told her she was being absurd and it was genuinely irresponsible to shield children from the facts, however grissly.

I kind of expected a reaction from our neighbours over what had transpired and I was proven right. At around 8 o'clock both parents knocked on our door. To cut a long story short they weren't overly objective to what their children had been told and seen, but said they'd prefer it if I'd send their curious kids away in future.

Now, I realised what I'd done would provoke a reaction of sorts, and I affirmed that I believed what their kids had seen was a positive experience. To their credit they were polite, but replied with equal conviction that they believed it was innapropriate, although by then I was growing irritable at their naivity. I reinforced my position by reminding them I was at liberty to do whatever I pleased within my own property as long as it's within the law: it isn't illegal to eviscerate a dead animal. We parted on civil terms. But this whole episode got me thinking over whether or not my neighnours' mentality presides among the majority: meat comes from a little plastic tray wrapped in polythene. And should we allow that way of thinking/naivity to continue by 'protecting' them from the ugly facts/reality. I say that it should be impressed upon them from infancy how the meat they enjoy arrives on their table. What about you?

Conservative indoctrination. :eusa_angel:

Think about it, if your neighbor had given your kids a similar lecture on [insert your most detested "liberal" dogma here], then had the nerve to tell you how to raise your own kids, that you were being absurd and irresponsible because you didn't follow their liberal ways --- you'd have stroked.

I think you knew your neighbors would be upset (after all, you admit that here) and were using their children to *get* to them. It's not up to YOU to decide they are being 'overprotected', now is it?

As an aside, I wish I had a flimsey trellis with vines woven through the woodwook. I bet that's a sight to behold.

Imagine a child who has never seen what the inside of flesh looks like?

they see it for the first time by watching a neighbor man singing the praises of killing things that are small and vulnerable.

Chickens can be small and vulnerable. Cows and sheep can be very docile. If they have seen a piece of raw meat or poultry they have already seen it, they aren't seeing it for the first time. They are just seeing how the anatomy goes together. IF he was singing while he works it just says to the kids it's nothing to be frightened of.

100 years ago most people lived a rual life,even those who living in more urban palces raised small animals for food. The processed meat industry is a fairly new concept. I'd also like to point out that 100 years ago and the centuries before almost everybody saw animals being butchered or did the butchering themselves and you didn't have mass serial killers. It's when they start torturing animals that you really have to worry.

The Link Between Animal Abuse and Serial Killers - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Ted Bundy, David Berkowitz and Jeffrey Dahmer have more in common than just being serial killers. These three murderers are also connected by the fact that each of them tortured and/or killed animals during their childhoods. "Researchers as well as FBI and other law enforcement agencies nationwide have linked animal cruelty to domestic violence, child abuse, serial killings and to the recent rash of killings by school age children", says Dr. Randall Lockwood (vice president of training and initiatives for the Humane Society of the United States.
Some children are cruel to and torture animals to impress their peers, but future serial killers usually torture animals purely for their own enjoyment. Animal abuse is a recognized sign of a mental disorder. If a child hurts animals it should be a red flag and immediate action should be taken. While there are many factors that contribute to someone becoming a serial killer, the one constant they share is animal abuse.

ignoring facts

face facts

Look I know you think you are being all freedomy and shit but listen for a damned minute.

Children who are raised with hunting absorb this information slowly and by increments they can understand.

He took children he DID NOT KNOW VERY WELL and exposed them to concepts all at once that will be SEARED into their brains now.

This type of incident ALL AT ONCE can cause TOO much of an impression on a young child and TRIGGER a fascination with death and dismemberment.

That is a VERY serious thing to do to a child.

He may have just created a LFETIME problem for one of these children.

face reality

Pretending you can not tramatize a child this way is just more right wing lies to replace reality

Trying to work some of your partisan hackery into this, your latest display of stupidity?

I am here for poltics.

Dont tell me what to talk about

No you're not. You're far too stupid to actually discuss politics. You are here to repeat mindless partisan hackery ad nauseum. That's all you do because it's all you can do, idiot.

It would be nice if he could find a use for the pelts but these days what are you gonna do with them?

Speak for yourself.

Well if an animal is going to have it's life taken for food, do you think we should waste any part of it? Where do you think that designer leather purse came from? Or the pig ear or hide bone your dog chews? I'm sitting on cow skin right now. My shoes/boots are made from cow hide as is my belt and wallet.

Last edited:
Trying to work some of your partisan hackery into this, your latest display of stupidity?

I am here for poltics.

Dont tell me what to talk about

No you're not. You're far too stupid to actually discuss politics. You are here to repeat mindless partisan hackery ad nauseum. That's all you do because it's all you can do, idiot.

thank you for your deep thoughts.

Personal insults are so all the right wing knows

Forum List

Back