Parenting 101

I took care of my bothers and sisters BITCH..

I want nothing...

Fuck off little boy...

You said:

Well, my parents always provided for me, so I wouldn't know what it would be like to be neglected..............

Then you try to put on the "Y-you don't know what it's like to grow up poor! (sob)" routine. You have indicated several times that you grew up with two parents who cared for you and now you are trying to go on as if YOU raised your siblings and thus have experience as a parent. Come on kid, at least try a little...

I was a big brother...

I did what big brothers do.

I came home from school and took care of my brothers and sisters...

My mom came home and I split until about 8-9 and i had my social life...

The Schedule was different every day...

And? Are you suggesting that was experience as a parent? Come right out and say so if that is your position.

You said:

Then you try to put on the "Y-you don't know what it's like to grow up poor! (sob)" routine. You have indicated several times that you grew up with two parents who cared for you and now you are trying to go on as if YOU raised your siblings and thus have experience as a parent. Come on kid, at least try a little...

I was a big brother...

And? Are you suggesting that was experience as a parent? Come right out and say so if that is your position.

Goddamn right I did everything a parent did....I was a boy too.

Not to say my parents were neglectful THEY WERE NOT...

I was a big brother...

It's nice that you watched your siblings for a little while but you did NOT do "everything a parent did" (not sure what "I was a boy too" is supposed to have to do with it). I would suggest you read the last line you wrote for a clue as to the difference but I know by now that you are too dumb to pick up on anything on your own. It's not entirely your fault that you can't tell the difference between watching your siblings for a while ("until about 8 or 9 and i [sic] had my social life" :rolleyes: ) and being a parent. Someday you may have the experience to know the difference, or not, and that's fine. But to go on as if an expert on the subject given your lack of experience is more than a little ridiculous.

It's nice that you watched your siblings for a little while but you did NOT do "everything a parent did" (not sure what "I was a boy too" is supposed to have to do with it). I would suggest you read the last line you wrote for a clue as to the difference but I know by now that you are too dumb to pick up on anything on your own. It's not entirely your fault that you can't tell the difference between watching your siblings for a while ("until about 8 or 9 and i [sic] had my social life" :rolleyes: ) and being a parent. Someday you may have the experience to know the difference, or not, and that's fine. But to go on as if an expert on the subject given your lack of experience is more than a little ridiculous.

I'm the oldest you twat...

I did do everyrhing a mother/father could do....

You'd think my siblings are grateful for it on top of that?

Hell no...

Not that I expect a pat on the back for doing what I had to do...

I'd do it again and again...

By 15-16 the kids were in school and I was no longer needed...

I took care of my bothers and sisters BITCH..

I want nothing...

Fuck off little boy...

You said:

Well, my parents always provided for me, so I wouldn't know what it would be like to be neglected..............

I was a big brother...

Big deal.....John Boy Walton did the same thing

Good night Nick

You said:

I was a big brother...

Big deal.....John Boy Walton did the same thing

Good night Nick

:lol:

Funny how I figured out how to prevent the baby from dying as a 12-year-old , yet adults on welfare cant care for themselves..

I'm the oldest you twat...

I did do everyrhing a mother/father could do....

You'd think my siblings are grateful for it on top of that?

Hell no...

Not that I expect a pat on the back for doing what I had to do...

I'd do it again and again...

By 15-16 the kids were in school and I was no longer needed...

You are just reinforcing the fact that you do not understand the difference.

I think he deserves kudos for helping raise his siblings.

So tonight we had our first family meeting and it turned out really well! We were able to make a menu for the week, we discussed some basic house rules, established a bedtime, and made a rudimentary chore list. Our newest household member was enthusiastic and engaged, so I couldn't be happier.

He's got three days of school under his belt and says he really likes it. I spoke briefly with his teacher who said he's doing okay, she wasn't super enthusiastic but maybe she never is, she's got some of the hard cases I think. She said he's keeping to himself, mostly, and nobody's picking on him (?) which I guess is good, though honestly I never really thought that was something we'd have to worry about. I think he's not doing a great job of picking friends, but we knew his judgement wasn't very good so that's really not a surprise. Plus they insist on sticking him in a class with other kids who have issues, duh, of course he's going to pick kids from that group, and since he's new, he's probably going to pick the worst because that's how low self esteem works.

At home he's pretty good, I feel sort of bad because I know he's getting a lot of "no" and "don't" from me that he's never had before, but the family meeting actually helped with that, we were able to set just a few ground rules and I explained why they were ground rules. We don't roughhouse with the big dog because he's too big and big excited dogs are dangerous, we don't jump on the furniture because I can't afford to replace it..that sort of thing. And he got to pick his chores and participate in meal planning.

When my kids were young, I made them go to bed every night at 8:00 pm. Most of the time they were not ready to go to bed and would not go to sleep. I used to blow the flame out inside the gas oven and stick their little heads inside of it until they got a bit drowsy and then I would tuck them into bed. It worked real good but for some reason, they never did well in school. The key to having well-behaved kids is to always make sure they are well-rested.

Last edited:
Agreed. The school could further improve the behavior of kids if they embraced recess and phys ed. They could significantly improve the behavior of boys if they sent them outside everyday for 30 min to play dodgeball or whatever.

When my kids were young, I made them go to bed every night at 8:00 pm. Most of the time they were not ready to go to bed and would not go to sleep. I used to blow the flame out inside the gas oven and stick their little heads inside of it until they got a bit drowsy and then I would tuck them into bed. It worked real good but for some reason, they never did well in school. The key to having well-behaved kids is to always make sure they are well-rested.

I know you were going for a joke there, but...no, that was not good

Forum List

Back