Parenthood, Not Abortion, Linked to Mental Illness

If certain zealots have their way, it could be. I don't think we should ever be complacent about protecting human rights.
The restrictions on abortion sometimes amount to an effective ban.

Abortion removes all rights of the unborn.

I have zero problems with restrictions on abortion, especially if it means an otherwise aborted life is allowed to . . . . be.
Do you think an "unborn" has the right to inhabit and feed off the body of an unwilling human?

An unborn human has just as much 'right to life' as a born one. Well, they should.

Do you think that killing an unborn human is ok?

Last edited:
I think Ang won't answer any of my questions. We've had this discussion before so . . . .whatever. Our views are at opposite ends of the spectrum and will remain so, regardless.

First off this is not an abortion thread...

It is not a cop out demand. Its a question. The pro live mantra is..don't abort put it up for adoption. If you are pro live then walk the walk and adopt some of those black crack babies.

Problem solved. The mothers who dont want babies doen't have to have them, and the pro life people are happy with their new adopted baby. Every one is happy and no one is crazy

how about that?

It is a cop out and it is a demand. Putting a question mark at the end of a demand, doesn't make it less of a demand.

Where's your demand that the mother or father, or granparents, counsins, aunts, uncles step up and take care of thier family?

Why do you demand that I pay for anothers mistake?

I have 5 kids now. Where would you like to me put some more kids?

but you are right, this is not an abortion thread.

It's a lies and responsibility thread.

The NYT lied about the numbers, and no one wants to demand that people take responsiblilty for thier actions, to the point they will not see the lie in the NYT. but hey, just keep assuming abortion is just a grand choice.
Syrenn is right. You are taking this thread off topic.

Clearly you believe abortion causes more psychological damage than giving birth. Do you also think this is a justification for banning abortion?

Belief implies that I think something is true without actual facts.

The link you provided proves that abortion causes more harm.

There fore I know abortion causes more harm than giving birth.

You are simply refusing to see the actual facts, and taking the spin at face value. You clearly lack the ability to think for yourself. or you want it to be true so bad that the truth will never come to you.

the banning abortion Q, is taking your own thread off topic.

Is 6.7 a bigger number than 15.2?

I'm compelled to ask, b/c it seems you think this is so.

"The New England Journal of Medicine has taken on one of the pillar arguments in the abortion debate, asking whether having the procedure increases a woman’s risk of mental-health problems and concluding that it doesn’t. In fact, researchers found, having a baby brings a far higher risk.
The study, by Danish scientists (and financed in part by the Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation, which supports research on abortion rights), is the most extensive of its kind to date. It studied 365,550 Danish women who had an abortion or gave birth for the first time between 1995 and 2007. Of those, 84,620 terminated their pregnancies and 280,930 gave birth.
In the year after an abortion, 15.2 out of 1,000 sought psychiatric help (defined as admission to a hospital or clinic), which was essentially the same as the rate of that group (14.6 per 1,000) in the nine months before the abortion. In contrast, among women who went on to give birth, the rate at which they sought treatment increased to 6.7 per 1,000 after delivery from 3.9 per 1,000 before. "

read the full article at Parenthood, Not Abortion, Linked to Mental Illness - NYTimes.com

Great, kill all the children and no one will ever go crazy.

Its a question. The pro live mantra is..don't abort put it up for adoption. If you are pro live then walk the walk and adopt some of those black crack babies.

Humm...Is this racist?.."black crack babies" I guess there are no white crack babies..Just asking? it seems liberals can get away with this stuff.

Its a question. The pro live mantra is..don't abort put it up for adoption. If you are pro live then walk the walk and adopt some of those black crack babies.

Humm...Is this racist?.."black crack babies" I guess there are no white crack babies..Just asking? it seems liberals can get away with this stuff.

Try again. Black crack babies are the extreme in adoption cases. A white crack baby has a better chance of getting adopted then a black one. So why aren't the pro life people all adopting the black crack babies if the are so pro life?

Try again. Black crack babies are the extreme in adoption cases. A white crack baby has a better chance of getting adopted then a black one. So why aren't the pro life people all adopting the black crack babies if the are so pro life?

Because once the baby is born they don't care about it anymore. In my opinion unless these anti abortion maniacs are going to foot the bill for raising these kids they need to shut the fuck up.

Just to add fuel to the flame:

More Misleading Research about the Mental-Health Consequences of Abortion - By Michael J. New - The Corner - National Review Online

First, this study’s conclusions are largely based on the fact that the cohort of women who submitted to abortions experienced similar (but high) rates of mental-health problems both in the months before the abortion and in the months after the abortion took place. However, that does not negate a causal link between abortion and mental health. A number of academic studies find high levels of stress among women considering an abortion. Furthermore, it should be noted that the cohort of women who had abortions were more likely to experience mental-health problems than either the cohort who gave birth or the cohort who never became pregnant.

There exist other methodological shortcomings as well. This study lacks controls for other factors that might affect the likelihood of psychological disorders including pregnancy wantedness, coercion by others to abort, marital status, income, education, and exposure to violence. Additionally, there is also evidence that women with psychiatric histories are at increased risk for post-abortion mental-health problems. However, these women were excluded from the study. Finally, the results follow women for only one year post-abortion or -childbirth. There is significant evidence suggesting that the negative psychological effects of abortion may not surface for several years.

It should also be noted that this research was funded by a grant from the Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation. This foundation was formed by investor Warren Buffett and named in honor of his wife after her death in 1994. This foundation has been very active in supporting abortion rights. Over the years, Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation has donated millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood.

Oh no! The National Review!!!! :eek:

The website for stb foundation gives no information about them.

The Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation

Susan Buffett - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Susan Thompson Buffett (June 15, 1932 – July 29, 2004) was active in civil rights, abortion rights and population control causes; as well as the late wife of investor Warren Buffett. She was a director of Berkshire Hathaway owning 2.2 percent (worth $3 billion in 2004 or $3,488,421,425 in 2010 dollars)[1] of the company at the time of her death [2]. She was the 153rd richest person in the world.[3] She was president of the Buffett Foundation, which has contributed millions of dollars to educational groups, medical research, population-control groups and other charities.

Buffett Foundation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of the $17.6 million that the Buffett Foundation donated in the fiscal year ended June 30, 1999, nearly $3.8 million went to Planned Parenthood, among its top contributors. It also involves itself directly at the clinic level. Buffett money has enabled dozens of Planned Parenthood clinics to add abortion to their services, for example $178,000 to the University of Michigan clinic.[3]

International Projects Assistance Services (IPAS), based in Carrboro, N.C., manufactures a handheld suction pump used in developing countries to initiate abortions. The Buffett Foundation has backed IPAS for years. Its 1999 contribution of $2.5 million is part of a five-year, $20 million commitment that will enable IPAS to double its capacity.[4]

I don't usually like going to wikipedia so take these for what they are worth.

I suspect those in this thread who defend abortion rights to the hilt will praise STBF and the report while those of us who believe in protecting all life will condemn both and little will be achieved.

Immie

news flash

Everything will make you crazy. Get over it.

:lol:

Except beer.

Beer created civilization and was proof to Ben Franklin that God loved us.

There's probably more truth to that statement than you realize.

Some anthropologists (probably all of them beer drinkers, I'll admit, but still..) believe that mankind first used grains to BREW BEER, not to make bread.

And in order to have enough grain to brew beer guess what else you need to do?

STOP BEING A HUNTER GATHERER.

Beer, I am convinced was the real reason mankind decided to stick to one place and settle down.

It's been steadily downhill ever since, of course, but the argument can be made that beer is worth all the blowback that comes from civilization.

Beer and domesticated CATS are probably the two snowballs that started the civilization avalanche, folks.

Beer because mankind wanted it enough to stick around to grow grain, and cats because without them standing guard storing grain was pretty much impossible.

Last edited:

First of all what percentage of the millions and millions of babies that are killed are "crack babies" That’s stupid argument on its face. Second it seems a lib who wants to kill the so called "black crack babies" is fine, but a person such as Rick Santorium who wants to save black babies is attacked by race baiting blood suckers like Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson. That’s the problem, with you people...friken hypocrites :cuckoo:

Last edited:

First of all what percentage of the millions and millions of babies that are killed are "crack babies" That’s stupid argument on its face. Second it seems a lib who wants to kill the so called "black crack babies" is fine, but a person such as Rick Santorium who wants to save black babies is attacked by race baiting blood suckers like Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson. That’s the problem, with you people...friken hypocrites :cuckoo:

And where do i say millions and millions of babies are crack babies? The point is that the vast majority pro life proponents do not adopt the babies that are born and given up for adoption. They do not take in foster children. Deal with it.

Forum List

Back