Parenthood, Not Abortion, Linked to Mental Illness

That's b/c it's a cop-out demand.

You demand that I take care of your kid? Why? Why should anyone else pay to care for a child not their own?

It is personnal responsibility. If you're goonna do the deed, you better be ready to pay the piper, if not, keep it zipped up.

and if we didn't care about kids there wouldn't be adoptions. that last line is just silly.

but back to the main topic

read the link, it proves birth causes less, much less, mental problems than abortion.

The NYT twists what the facts mean by using word spin.

Just look at the numbers alone.

First off this is not an abortion thread...

It is not a cop out demand. Its a question. The pro live mantra is..don't abort put it up for adoption. If you are pro live then walk the walk and adopt some of those black crack babies.

Problem solved. The mothers who dont want babies doen't have to have them, and the pro life people are happy with their new adopted baby. Every one is happy and no one is crazy

how about that?

If those crazy anti abortion nuts had to personally care for 4 or 5 black babies from Detroit or St Louis, they would personally drive the woman to the abortion clinic themselves and wait to make sure the abortion went through. Nobody really cares about these kids.

So what you are saying is that having kids will make you crazy. :lol:

From the NYT

Why do first-time mothers have a lower overall rate of mental illness both before and after pregnancy than those who choose termination? The researchers suggest that those who have abortions are more likely to have emotional problems in the first place. Compared with the group who give birth, those who have abortions are also statistically more likely to be struggling economically, and to have a higher rate of unintended pregnancies.

IN other words; We didn't like the answers when we studied that VAST difference so we are not going to tell the truth.

OR

We don't care why, we didn't want to do all that science, cuz we had the numbers we wanted to twist already.

You're a fool to buy into this.

In other words, you didn't like what the data from the study indicated so you decided to ignore it and decided to create your own fantasy conclusion rather than tell the truth.

It is not a cop out demand. Its a question. The pro live mantra is..don't abort put it up for adoption. If you are pro live then walk the walk and adopt some of those black crack babies.

Problem solved. The mothers who dont want babies doen't have to have them, and the pro life people are happy with their new adopted baby. Every one is happy and no one is crazy

how about that?

If those crazy anti abortion nuts had to personally care for 4 or 5 black babies from Detroit or St Louis, they would personally drive the woman to the abortion clinic themselves and wait to make sure the abortion went through. Nobody really cares about these kids.

So what you are saying is that having kids will make you crazy. :lol:

Yes.:clap2::clap2:

I need 'scientific proof' to back up what I've posted? How's that? Abortion is hard on a woman? Yes, it is. Giving birth is hard on a woman? Yes, it is. Abortion destroys a human life? Yes, it does. Giving birth destroys a human life? No, it doesn't. Again, don't know what part of any of that is hard to understand.
Your opinion is your opinion, nothing more.
Too bad you have nothing to base it on.

I've held the hand of a friend who had two abortions. The emotional, physical and psychological effects were plain to see.

I've given birth to three kids. The emotional, physical and psychological effects were plain to see.

Abortion destroys human life.

Giving birth does not destroy human life.

What part of any of this are you having trouble understanding?
You've been a witness to two abortions and have experienced giving birth 3 times. That hardly makes you an expert on either abortion or giving birth.

I'll go with what the scientists say.

From the NYT

Why do first-time mothers have a lower overall rate of mental illness both before and after pregnancy than those who choose termination? The researchers suggest that those who have abortions are more likely to have emotional problems in the first place. Compared with the group who give birth, those who have abortions are also statistically more likely to be struggling economically, and to have a higher rate of unintended pregnancies.

IN other words; We didn't like the answers when we studied that VAST difference so we are not going to tell the truth.

OR

We don't care why, we didn't want to do all that science, cuz we had the numbers we wanted to twist already.

You're a fool to buy into this.

In other words, you didn't like what the data from the study indicated so you decided to ignore it and decided to create your own fantasy conclusion rather than tell the truth.

You still can't count.

Read the story, it's clear that abortion causes problems, they don't deny it, all that's said it that there is an increase after birth, but it is still far far less than those that have abortions.

The facts don't lie, the NYT does.

You don't want to see that, and see the truth, that's your issue. My issue is that you're spreading the lie.

Well from my experience as soon as you ask an anti abortion person if they are willing to adopt any would be aborted children they quickly shut the fuck up or change the subject and say its not their responsibility, the cold hard truth is the anti abortion crowd cares very little for unwanted children especially after they are born.

You demand that I take care of your kid? Why? Why should anyone else pay to care for a child not their own?

It is personnal responsibility. If you're goonna do the deed, you better be ready to pay the piper, if not, keep it zipped up.

and if we didn't care about kids there wouldn't be adoptions. that last line is just silly.

read the link, it proves birth causes less, much less, mental problems than abortion.

how about that?

It is a cop out and it is a demand. Putting a question mark at the end of a demand, doesn't make it less of a demand.

Where's your demand that the mother or father, or granparents, counsins, aunts, uncles step up and take care of thier family?

Why do you demand that I pay for anothers mistake?

I have 5 kids now. Where would you like to me put some more kids?

but you are right, this is not an abortion thread.

It's a lies and responsibility thread.

The NYT lied about the numbers, and no one wants to demand that people take responsiblilty for thier actions, to the point they will not see the lie in the NYT. but hey, just keep assuming abortion is just a grand choice.

how about that?

It is a cop out and it is a demand. Putting a question mark at the end of a demand, doesn't make it less of a demand.

Where's your demand that the mother or father, or granparents, counsins, aunts, uncles step up and take care of thier family?

The NYT lied about the numbers, and no one wants to demand that people take responsiblilty for thier actions, to the point they will not see the lie in the NYT. but hey, just keep assuming abortion is just a grand choice.

I am pro abortion. No baby, no need to to adopt it. No problem at all.

The point is EVERYTHING will make you crazy. Having one will make you crazy. Not having one will make you crazy.

how about that?

The point is EVERYTHING will make you crazy. Having one will make you crazy. Not having one will make you crazy.

Actually I dream about the days I came home and it was just me.

I got sweet blissfull peace and quiet at the same time. *sigh*

No wonder my parents changed the locks after I left home.

how about that?

Thanks for honestly saying "I am pro abortion." Most supporters go batshitcrazy when you call them that instead of saying pro-choice.

Thanks for honestly saying "I am pro abortion." Most supporters go batshitcrazy when you call them that instead of saying pro-choice.

I got no problem with honesty. :) No batshitcrazy may be another story :lol:

That being said i am also pro choice.

Your opinion is your opinion, nothing more.
Too bad you have nothing to base it on.

I've held the hand of a friend who had two abortions. The emotional, physical and psychological effects were plain to see.

I've given birth to three kids. The emotional, physical and psychological effects were plain to see.

You've been a witness to two abortions and have experienced giving birth 3 times. That hardly makes you an expert on either abortion or giving birth.

You stated: Your opinion is your opinion, nothing more. Too bad you have nothing to base it on.

I posted what I did to show you why I posted what I did, i.e. my basis for posting what I did. You didn't like that so now you've gone and moved the goalpost to "that hardly makes you an expert".

Where did I state I was an expert? Oh that's right, I didn't. I said scientific proof wasn't needed as 'proof' of my statements. My statements are true.

Still can't say what part you don't understand? Ok.

Last edited:

how about that?

Syrenn is right. You are taking this thread off topic.

Clearly you believe abortion causes more psychological damage than giving birth. Do you also think this is a justification for banning abortion?

You stated: Your opinion is your opinion, nothing more. Too bad you have nothing to base it on.

I posted what I did to show you why I posted what I did, i.e. my basis for posting what I did. You didn't like that so now you've gone and moved the goalpost to "that hardly makes you an expert".

Where did I state I was an expert? Oh that's right, I didn't. I said scientific proof wasn't needed as 'proof' of my statements. My statements are true.

We aren't going to agree on this one. Let's move on.

Do you believe that if abortion is worse for women than giving birth this would be a justification for banning abortion?

Do you believe that if abortion is worse for women than giving birth this would be a justification for banning abortion?

:rolleyes:

Where do you even get that abortion will ever be banned? It won't, it's here to stay.

Where do you even get that abortion will ever be banned? It won't, it's here to stay.
Afraid to answer my question?

Oh, I thought we were playing "I'm not answering your question" . . I was just following your lead.

Well it could but personally I'd think the whole 'destruction of innocent human life' is a pretty dang good argument against abortion all by itself.

The article title and information provided in the article contradict each other. Oh, I see it's the NYT . . nevermind.

Ok, I answered your question now you answer mine. :D

p.s. I still don't think abortion will ever be banned.

Oh, I thought we were playing "I'm not answering your question" . . I was just following your lead.

Well it could but personally I'd think the whole 'destruction of innocent human life' is a pretty dang good argument against abortion all by itself.

The article title and information provided in the article contradict each other. Oh, I see it's the NYT . . nevermind.

If certain zealots have their way, it could be. I don't think we should ever be complacent about protecting human rights.
The restrictions on abortion sometimes amount to an effective ban.

If certain zealots have their way, it could be. I don't think we should ever be complacent about protecting human rights.

Abortion removes all rights of the unborn.

I have zero problems with restrictions on abortion, especially if it means an otherwise aborted life is allowed to . . . . be.

Abortion removes all rights of the unborn.

I have zero problems with restrictions on abortion, especially if it means an otherwise aborted life is allowed to . . . . be.
Do you think an "unborn" has the right to inhabit and feed off the body of an unwilling human?

Forum List

Back