Parental Stupidity + Gun Cleaning = Dead Kid

My brother in law is an ex cop and HE accidently left a round in the chamber while cleaning his gun.

I do, however, think basic gun safety should be taught in all our highschools.

Sorry to sound condemnatory (is that a word?) but it wasn't an accident, it was negligence, on the part of your brother in law I mean. He would have been taught the correct way to check and clean a weapon. The fact that he cleaned his weapon with one in is evidence of negligence. Same for the father who is the subject of this thread. Negligence, nothing less than sheer negligence.

It should never happen... and no one should ever forget. If you forget what's in your gun, you shouldn't have one.

Even the best of us make mistakes. I forgot about the oil on the stove and it caught fire. My husband suffered 3rd degree burns and our insurance company ended up repainting our kitchen and putting in new flooring and counter tops.

Had my husband not noticed it when he did, we might have lost the whole house, who knows maybe we would have lost our lives, and the kids. Accidents happen, there's a reason they call them accidents.

holy shit... we're two for two today chic.... should we be concerned that the End is near? I think I'm headin to Alaska pronto... :eek:

OMG. "Louis, I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship."
casablanca145.jpeg

Forum List

Back