pardon moi? Atheist French woman wanting to become US citizen sues over "so help me God" in oath

Yeah, how dare these atheists put separation of church and state in the the US CONSTITUTION..... What bastards, only an evil motherfucker would stop that sort of thing, like the Founding Fathers... this woman is SO WRONG for the US if she has similar thoughts to the Founding Fathers.

FCUK THE FOUNDING FATHERS.

lol separation of church and state is one of the three founding platforms of the Baptist evangelicals denomination, dummy. They invented it, and it only limits the Federal govt. from establishing a favored sect. It didn't prevent the individual states from doing so, dummy. Lay off the meth before it's too late for you, and make some sort of attempt to get an education.

the constitution specifically forbids religious tests

and when you take an oath in court you are accommodated for your beliefs.

your problem? :cuckoo:

Oh, really now ... so, which Federal office is she taking an oath for? lol ...

No Religious Test Clause - Wikipedia
The No Religious Test Clause of the United States Constitution is a clause within Article VI, Section 3. ... The ban on religious tests contained in this clause protects only federal office holders and employees. It does not apply to the states, many of which imposed religious tests at the time of the nation's founding.

The No Religious Test Clause of the United States Constitution is a clause within Article VI, Section 3. ... The ban on religious tests contained in this clause protects only federal office holders and employees. It does not apply to the states, many of which imposed religious tests at the time of the nation's founding.

so you don't think that citizenship has to be religion neutral and that an atheist should not be forced to say that phrase if they ask not to? you're allowed to affirm instead of swear in court if your religion dictates. I'm not sure why religious zealots feel the need to impose their beliefs on everyone else.

so you don't think that citizenship has to be religion neutral and that an atheist should not be forced to say that phrase if they ask not to? you're allowed to affirm instead of swear in court if your religion dictates. I'm not sure why religious zealots feel the need to impose their beliefs on everyone else.

Doesn't matter what I think, you were just blatantly wrong and stupid, that's all. She doesn't have to immigrate here if she doesn't like it.

The woman knows more about our form of government than conservatives

Say GOD......damn it!

Denied! GTFO>

Why?

At the very least, the person taking the oath should be able to choose which god they're swearing to.

This is unconstitutional.

How so? The rules have been in place forever.

".. the rules.." ?

Saying the a violation of the First Amendment is okay because 'we've always done it that way' doesn't hold water.

Its true that in the dark ages, the phrase "under god" was used. Its not used anymore, nor should it be. And, as I say, if "under god" is used, the person being sworn should be able to choose which god. And obviously, what about atheists?

Back when this was being considered and thrown out of most courts, another aspect was discussed -

Simply stated, if one does not believe in whichever god they're being forced to swear on, then they're promise of truthfulness is worthless.

I've been atheist since the age of about 12. I used to be the official photographer for cruelty cases in the county where I lived and so, would often have to testify concerning my photographs and/or observations.

What should I have done if a bible was shoved under my nose?

If I swore on a bible I considered to be nonsense, the case could be thrown out on those grounds alone.

Think about it.

You think about it. "Freedom of religion" meant "Choose your denomination".

You think she'll win that suit? Not a chance. You don't come here and dictate what we do. Take your ass back your Muslim-overrun shithole of a country.

Take your Constitutional illiteracy and fix it.

Doesn't matter what I think, you were just blatantly wrong and stupid, that's all. She doesn't have to immigrate here if she doesn't like it.

except I'm not wrong and it would be nice if you knew what you're talking about. and there is no requirement that immigrants believe in G-d.

you can stamp your feet about that all you want.

Denied! GTFO>

Why?

At the very least, the person taking the oath should be able to choose which god they're swearing to.

".. the rules.." ?

Saying the a violation of the First Amendment is okay because 'we've always done it that way' doesn't hold water.

Its true that in the dark ages, the phrase "under god" was used. Its not used anymore, nor should it be. And, as I say, if "under god" is used, the person being sworn should be able to choose which god. And obviously, what about atheists?

Back when this was being considered and thrown out of most courts, another aspect was discussed -

Simply stated, if one does not believe in whichever god they're being forced to swear on, then they're promise of truthfulness is worthless.

I've been atheist since the age of about 12. I used to be the official photographer for cruelty cases in the county where I lived and so, would often have to testify concerning my photographs and/or observations.

If I swore on a bible I considered to be nonsense, the case could be thrown out on those grounds alone.

Think about it.

You think she'll win that suit? Not a chance. You don't come here and dictate what we do. Take your ass back your Muslim-overrun shithole of a country.

Take your incorrect interpretation and plant it into your colon.

The reason people had liberty was self-governance as a by-product of belief in God.

If that was taken away, you have a bunch of ignorant heathens running around and need more government.

I'm pretty sure the Communists figured that out a while back.

Comrade Pogo. :rolleyes:

Tell me Pogo, in what way do you interpret "Endowed by their Creator"?

Aye? As such are words the US was built on.

Why?

".. the rules.." ?

Think about it.

The reason people had liberty was self-governance as a by-product of belief in God.

If that was taken away, you have a bunch of ignorant heathens running around and need more government.

History lesson Goobles ----

What the Liberals who founded this country and wrote its Constitution were throwing off, was the old guard method of authoritarian rule by the Aristocracy and the Clergy. The ones who would, for one thing, dictate what your religion was going to be and/or persecute you if you didn't fall into line. That's exactly why they put what they did in Amendment Number One. The ones who used the hammer of Religion to piss that bullshit about "divine right of kings".

Good god man, have you ever been to school?

".. the rules.." ?

Think about it.

What the Liberals who founded this country and wrote its Constitution were throwing off, was the old guard method of authoritarian rule by the Aristocracy and the Clergy. The ones who would, for one thing, dictate what your religion was going to be and/or persecute you if you didn't fall into line. That's exactly why they put what they did in Amendment Number One. The ones who used the hammer of Religion to piss that bullshit about "divine right of kings".

STFU you cock gargler, I don't even disagree with you, but at that time, they assumed 98% of the population wanted to be god-fearing and church going. They phrased things so as no one had to pick any denomination, yet it was understood that the majority of the population went to church.

Tell that woman to go to a Muslim country with proclaiming Allah is the greatest and see how far she gets.

Atheist bastards are the reason for more mass shootings, debauchery, and general decline of Western Civilization.

You can try to deny it all you want, but that's how it is.

You ever meet someone raised wholly by the state? No, because you're still alive.

The state doesn't do a very good job, ok?

When the country was founded, God was in every school, and woven into the fabric of society.

Just because the FF didn't want to force religion, doesn't mean they thought it was a bad idea, in fact, quite the opposite.

It was an integral part of everything they did.

How 'bout them church services in the Capitol building, aye?

Last edited:

except I'm not wrong and it would be nice if you knew what you're talking about. and there is no requirement that immigrants believe in G-d.

you can stamp your feet about that all you want.

Doesn't matter, say the words or GTFO> What exactly makes her think she's so much better than the millions that came before her, aye?

I say rejected! On grounds of narcissism, beyotch!

Like I said before, when you enlist in the military, you can leave off "so help me God" if you wish to.

It's been that way for a few years now.

".. the rules.." ?

Think about it.

STFU you cock gargler, I don't even disagree with you, but at that time, they assumed 98% of the population wanted to be god-fearing and church going. They phrased things so as no one had to pick any denomination, yet it was understood that the majority of the population went to church.

Tell that woman to go to a Muslim country with proclaiming Allah is the greatest and see how far she gets.

Atheist bastards are the reason for more mass shootings, debauchery, and general decline of Western Civilization.

You ever meet someone raised wholly by the state? No, because you're still alive.

When the country was founded, God was in every school, and woven into the fabric of society.

Just because the FF didn't want to force religion, doesn't mean they thought it was a bad idea, in fact, quite the opposite.

Oh fucking bullshit.

Take your pill already. The anti-yammer one.

Oh fucking bullshit.

Take your pill already. The anti-yammer one.

But how 'bout them church services in the Capitol building chapel, though?

iu

Forum List

Back