Parasite - Definition

Meathead

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
Parasite | Define Parasite at Dictionary.com

par·a·site   [par-uh-sahyt] Show IPA
noun
an organism that lives on or in an organism of another species, known as the host, from the body of which it obtains nutriment.
a person who receives support, advantage, or the like, from another or others without giving any useful or proper return, as one who lives on the hospitality of others.
(in ancient Greece) a person who received free meals in return for amusing or impudent conversation, flattering remarks, etc.

#1 can refer to a fetus, despite what the pro lifers think.

#2 could refer to a lazy welfare recipient (not all of them, though)

noun
an organism that lives on or in an organism of another species, known as the host, from the body of which it obtains nutriment.
a person who receives support, advantage, or the like, from another or others without giving any useful or proper return, as one who lives on the hospitality of others.
(in ancient Greece) a person who received free meals in return for amusing or impudent conversation, flattering remarks, etc.

You mean like people on the gubment teat...:eusa_angel:

gubmentteet.jpg

I posted that because I get a lot of righteous indignation when I refer to some people as such. I suggest those with a problem with it contact dictionary.com and practically every other dictionary organization (I can't be bothered to check them all).

Couldn't 'parasite' refer to certain religious and political figures and authors who live off the fear and prejudices of a 'species' of human emotion and 'thought'?

Couldn't 'parasite' refer to certain religious and political figures and authors who live off the fear and prejudices of a 'species' of human emotion and 'thought'?
No , because they give something in return to those that finance them.

Yeah, sickness and disease.
Whatever. If people are willing to pay for pestilence, then it is not parasitic because it would then give something in return.

I can see this dialogue is going to be far too cerebral for the likes of little old me.

noun
an organism that lives on or in an organism of another species, known as the host, from the body of which it obtains nutriment

Gotcha! Illegal Alien.

noun
an Israel that lives on or in an organism of another species, known as America, from the body of which it obtains nutriment.
an Israel who receives support, advantage, or the like, from America without giving any useful or proper return, as one who lives on the hospitality of others.
(in ancient Greece) an Israel who received free meals in return for amusing or impudent conversation, flattering remarks, etc.

I think that works better.

noun

You mean like Republican candidates who take money from the Koch brothers or Karl Rove, then don't do anything other than posture and grandstand while the nation goes down the drain?

Posture and grandstand??

Sounds like Barry. He's doing that while the country goes down the drain and he's POTUS.

cretin
A Person that is: brainless, stupid, child-like, and full of pointless information that makes no sense and appeals only to other cretins. They can be found in abundance in every single populated internet forum, where they race to post as many mind-numbing messages as possible in a single session. In addition, they seemingly interbreed with other cretins, ensuring that their cretinous genes continue long after they end up dead meaning the Internet will never be rid of their kind. More's the pity. (Urban Dictionary.com)

Regards from Rosie

Forum List

Back