Paranormal or a scientific explanation - Here are some things I’ve seen

American Horse

AKA "Mustang"
Jan 23, 2009
The Hoosier Heartland
These are not “exciting” things like ghosts or ET contact, but they do suggest some otherwise unknown sense of perception, mental energy, or paranormal sensitivity.

One at a time, here is the first of at least four things that still keep me asking for an explanation:

1. Our old dog Babe, before she passed away, loved to be stroked or petted, but only at a time of her choosing. When at the end of the day I would lie down on the couch she would come over and flop up against it to make herself available. The most convenient place to pet her was usually from the crown of her head and along her neck down to her back, stroking in the same direction as her fur lay.

I noticed that after a few strokes she would show anticipation, reacting by rolling her muscles and flattening her fur in just that instant before my hand would actually touch her. If I stopped short of that final small distance she would not react, but when I again advanced within the range of perception she would show that my hand was detected just before contact. There was no sound, no mirror, no discernable change in lighting – a shadow for instance – that would suggest my hand was close. I was careful to set up conditions so that I could exclude any sound or visible clue.

I like rational scientific explanations for everything, and I thought that there always had to be one. But this completely reliable reaction by Babe flummoxed me for any scientific explanation. I could only conclude that at least some animals are in some way sensitive to the energy of another living body or at least some other living bodies.

Any thoughts on this experience?
Any similar experiences that you’ve had?
Are there any quasi-scientists, or real-scientists here with an opinion other than ridicule?

She 'sensed' your hand. Dogs are good at that.
That is exactly my thought. But it suggests a paranormal ability. I do believe that an animal could have that extra-sense, and even some people can. Here's another example: Item number 2

“Rusty”, a fellow carpenter I know eats his dinner at the Golden Coral restaurant on Friday evenings. It is the night my wife and I often do the same. When we arrive I look around for anyone I know who might be in one of the two large open seating areas, and sometimes I’ll see someone, usually Rusty is that person, and it might happen not that often, perhaps once in a couple of months.

Last Friday evening the pattern developed as usual, and there he was sitting facing away from where I was going through the cash register line. I focused on the back of his head and within a few seconds he began to turn his head a little, then more, and then he turned completely around until he was looking in my direction, as if I had called his name to get his attention. We waved at each other, and as soon as we were seated I stopped by and said “you turned around like you were aware I was standing in the check line.” He said that he felt “vibes.” Now we have a working relationship on the job when he works one of my projects, and it’s not uncommon for me to pass by and observe what he’s doing on a project, so that some sort of symbiosis of the senses has developed between us which fit the pattern that evening.

Last edited:
'Vibes' are real, as far as my experience goes. Similar things have happened to me. Sixth sense perhaps?

Speaking of such, they have proven that every living thing gives off radiation in measurable amounts and that each specific being has variations in it.

Moving air, the heat of your hand, static electricity, the sounds within your hand (blood flow, movement). There are several things to explain it. Of course, it could be paranormal. Further study is needed.

'Vibes' are real, as far as my experience goes. Similar things have happened to me. Sixth sense perhaps?

Speaking of such, they have proven that every living thing gives off radiation in measurable amounts and that each specific being has variations in it.

When my son (special needs, ASD) was little before he was dx'd we went many routes in trying to figure him out. One doctor I spoke to specialized in some kind of 'energy' therapy. Can't remember the details of our conversation (I never went to her) but it was along the lines of what you posted. I also saw a chiropractor who specialized in neuro-emotional therapy. I think there is a lot about the human body that we don't fully understand yet.

Moving air, the heat of your hand, static electricity, the sounds within your hand (blood flow, movement). There are several things to explain it. Of course, it could be paranormal. Further study is needed.
I appreciate your open mindendness X, but as to the situation, it appeared that there was or was not perception within a matter of less than an inch, and fur density would not permit such immediate peneteration of 98.6 body heat as opposed to 72 degree room temperatue in much less than a second of elapsed time; The sounds were the same (but I suppose a tiny amount of difference) in the sound if I continued from when I stopped, but why would she discriminate by not reacting when reacting is the natural course?

(Your evalutaion suggests you might actually be a practical scientist)

Last edited:
Well now, ain't dat the monkey's butt?...
:eusa_eh:
Spooked baboons leave zoologists baffled
Sun, Aug 04, 2013 - MONKEY BUSINESS:A predator, either real or an image of one on a visitor’s T-shirt, an earthquake or even a UFO have been put forward as possible causes
Zoologists are baffled by the strange behavior of a troop of baboons at a Dutch zoo which have become inexplicably withdrawn, apparently fearful of an unseen threat. “They became panicked at the end of the day on Monday, they were hysterical, not jumping around, but behaving strangely,” zoologist Wijbren Landman of Emmen Dierenpark in the northern Netherlands said on Friday. “On Tuesday and Wednesday they just sat in the trees or on the ground, hardly moving or eating,” Landman said. The 112 east African monkeys also turned their backs on visitors.

The zoo said it was the fourth time in 20 years that the baboons have behaved this way. Such behavior has not been seen elsewhere, either in captivity or in the wild. The zoologist said he has no idea what happened on Monday to traumatize the baboons, who were all born in captivity and live on an island in the zoo. “I’ve heard lots of theories, but nothing that holds water,” Landman said.

These include that the baboons saw a predator, either a real one or an image of one on a visitor’s T-shirt, or that they felt an earthquake or other natural disaster. “The craziest suggestion was that it was caused by a UFO,” Landman said. “They’ve been observed to be disconcerted in the wild if they’ve had a run-in with a predator, but not this type of behavior,” he said.

Despite the lack of an explanation for the behavior, the baboons have at least started to eat a little. “Yesterday evening some of them started eating little bits of apple and we gave them pellets with vitamins and minerals,” Landman said. “They’re not yet 100 percent but they’re improving,” he said. “We’ve asked experts for their opinions, if they’ve ever seen anything like it or have an explanation, but that hasn’t turned anything up yet,” he said.

Spooked baboons leave zoologists baffled - Taipei Times

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back