Paranoid TSA checkpoint agents arrest man over harmless Arabic flashcards

Cal

Since 2010™
Jan 4, 2010
Right behind you!
Paranoid TSA checkpoint agents arrest man over harmless Arabic flashcards | Gadling.com
Anyone trying to learn a new language while heading through the airport beware - the TSA is apparently paying special attention to people with flashcards.

When airline passenger Nick George tried to pass through the checkpoint at Phillidephia airport, the TSA found the harmless flashcards in his bag, handcuffed him and detained him for five hours.

Given the reaction from the TSA, you'd expect that the flashcards were teaching him words like "hijack" or "bomb", but they were all completely harmless words like "graduate" or "funny".

The TSA obviously now assumes that anything in Arabic is a matter of national security, because during their interrogation of Mr. George, they demanded answers to stupid questions like "who was behind 9/11" and "what language does Osama Bin Laden speak". Worst of all, Mr. George doesn't even look like your everyday terrorist - he's just a young American guy from California. So, thanks to their utter stupidity, the TSA is now on the receiving end of a lawsuit by the ACLU.

:eek:..What a joke! Aren't these guys supposed to be protecting us from REAL threats?!

All you have to do is be a Muslim or speak Arabic to be suspected of being a terrorist?! :cuckoo:

IMO, They should start arresting those with the Bible in their luggage..All that violent language in there..Someone might be planning an attack! :cool:

:lol:

On the day you are responsible for protecting your fellow Americans, come back and tell us what an easy job it is. In other words, think before you reach a conclusion.

Oops, I forgot, your a lefty - you are not taught how to think, just what to think.

On the day you are responsible for protecting your fellow Americans, come back and tell us what an easy job it is. In other words, think before you reach a conclusion.

Oops, I forgot, your a lefty - you are not taught how to think, just what to think.

I fully intend on joining the Military as soon as I'm of age. Want to join with me?

How could you draw anything from this story other than these guys were 'arrest a terrorist happy?'

Nice joke. It's funny you should say that seeing, FOX Is the highest rated in Cable News, Rush is the highest rated in talk radio. Who can't think for themselves again?

TSA=Thousands Standing Around

It is the most useless organization in gov't. It has not kept anyone safer. It has provided an illusion of safety, but only an iillusion. And it commits social atrocities like this one regularly. Remember the CMH winner who was detained because he had an odd-shaped piece of metal on him? An 80 year old WW2 hero.
There was a blog about someone who snuck on airplanes regularly with all kinds of contraband stuff like shampoo and matches.
Scrap that and find some system that actually works.

NO offense to any TSA worker, but the people working these things are not very highly educated, dont' require a huge amount of training, are not paid all that great, so nonsense like this is to probably be expected.

Well, i am a righty and I fully agree that this is bullshit. As a conservative, you should be too. This is a complete infringement on this kids 4th Amendment rights. This was an overeager TSA agent that probably got his GED the week before being hired. The agent should be fired.

A single incident of poor judgement. But not proof that this is the norm.

Gotta love that leftist hypocrisy. Unwilling to draw conclusions from piles and piles of crime & race statistics, but one incident of poor judgement is more than enough to indict and entire organization. :lol:

Forum List

Back